Another silver lining to this.

WarDamnEagleWDE

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

the one i hate losing is caddy. and again i could not tell you if he was a great rb coach or not but the players seem to like him.

It was pretty roundly accepted that he knows what he’s doing when it comes to coaching the RBs. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Strychnine said:

Let me state it again then:  In addition to whatever he already had, Auburn has made Steele a multi-millionaire.  Why would anyone lament a multi-millionaire not getting a pension?

because that is what auburn does. i bet if the man did not land any jobs they would give him an admin job with lower pay to get his retirement. make sense now? i mean come on i know steele is a millionaire.

In the end, the most accurate tweet during this wasn’t from Tate, Marcello, or *sniffles* even Lil Mook. It was from Pete Thamel. Goes to show you just how little our beat writers and insiders actually know. Jboy didn’t predict this this afternoon! I’m absolutely shocked by that..... Next time Auburn is looking for a coach I’m just going to sit back, relax, and wait for the ESPN or Auburn University to release a name.

i will pull for this coach to succeed even tho he might not have been my first choice. i believe he can get it done. i think if we really support him and get the football facility done he will get it done. i have never seen a boise state team quit. they just keep coming..........

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

because that is what auburn does. i bet if the man did not land any jobs they would give him an admin job with lower pay to get his retirement. make sense now? i mean come on i know steele is a millionaire.

Why would Auburn care if he gets his state retirement? 

It’s a business, they will do what fiscally makes sense for Auburn not him. I’m sure he’s already got a helluva retirement saved already if he was smart. 

26 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don’t think any of them will be retained. 

Great news to hear. Steele and any other snakes (if reports are true) should be shown the door. And as always thanks for your info!

I like the Harsin hire. Actually pleasantly surprise. Did anyone know he was in the mix? If so, they did great job of keeping a tight lid on it till the end lol.

Just now, wdefromtx said:

It’s a business, they will do what fiscally makes sense for Auburn not him. I’m sure he’s already got a helluva retirement saved already if he was smart. 

again i understand this. but it has been brought up so often on this board and others it sounds real important to steele. maybe it was just important to those talking about it but it was one of the main reasons steele came to auburn if i remember correctly. he could get coach money but he wants what is owed to him as we all do. as far as auburn caring they have helped folks in the past. i am not sure i like the idea of him being an adviser to nick or whatever he hires the old coaches to do.

5 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

well ratting out his head coach was not smart tho it was a chance or risk and if it blows up on him and he is gone is he really that smart?

Just now, aubiefifty said:

again i understand this. but it has been brought up so often on this board and others it sounds real important to steele. maybe it was just important to those talking about it but it was one of the main reasons steele came to auburn if i remember correctly. he could get coach money but he wants what is owed to him as we all do. as far as auburn caring they have helped folks in the past. i am not sure i like the idea of him being an adviser to nick or whatever he hires the old coaches to do.

He should just go run for a state office. It’s what fired Auburn coaches do these days it seems!! 

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He can find somewhere else to finish off that retirement time. He doesn’t need to be anywhere near Auburn for the foreseeable future.

Wonder if his brother will stick around. Think he was here before KS was. My roommate works for him haha. 

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

He should just go run for a state office. It’s what fired Auburn coaches do these days it seems!! 

Perhaps Steele could accomplish that better than Tuberville.

Just now, wdefromtx said:

agreed. maybe he can stop people from running stop signs in alabama. hell he could not stop crap teams running up the middle on us.

Just now, WarEagle2423 said:

Wonder if his brother will stick around. Think he was here before KS was. My roommate works for him haha. 

I don't see why he wouldn't. He's a lot younger I believe. He's been there for years. Jeff is a nice guy. 

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

well ratting out his head coach was not smart tho it was a chance or risk and if it blows up on him and he is gone is he really that smart?

If he blows all his cash he’s made over the years I’ve got no sympathy for him come retirement time. And based on all the misinformation from all these “sources” on here the whole retirement thing might be false as well. 

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yep. Somebody needs to metaphorically put old yeller out of his misery. And by that I mean he needs to retire.

Can I get the gist? Is it his typical "I'm just a humble country lawyer, so I don't know much, but..." followed by reluctant, wet blanket type stuff?

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Of course it would be important to Steele.  He's already a multi-millionaire, why not ensure a source of automatic income, if at all possible?  Owed to him?  He worked in Alabama for less than 10 years.  He's not going into destitution if he fails to find another job immediately.

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Can I get the gist? Is it his typical "I'm just a humble country lawyer, so I don't know much, but..." followed by reluctant, wet blanket type stuff?

Groveling, eulogizing, projecting. Steele was probably his last shot at having a legit inside track at Auburn football again. So yeah, what you said. 

It's also clear that the narrative that Napier wanted to know who is boss was, that was complete garbage 🗑️. I forget where it came from but sounds like it came from people not happy with the stop Steele movement.  Thank goodness AG got the man he wanted and not who they wanted. 

Just now, Randman5000 said:

It's also clear that the narrative that Napier wanted to know who is boss was, that was complete garbage 🗑️. I forget where it came from but sounds like it came from people not happy with the stop Steele movement.  Thank goodness AG got the man he wanted and not who they wanted. 

WDE also said that he asked for a stupid amount of money and we told him to hit the bricks. 

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

PT and Mikey are going to need links to these leaks.

That is your second smart alec remark in one day that is directed at me and PT. I let the first one I saw slide. 

What happened to "My time is up, I thank you for yours."? That was about the forth time you said you were going away from this message board, yet every time here you are, back in a few days. It appears that you have a psychological problem with separation anxiety. They have a pill to give dogs for that. Maybe you should check with your neighborhood vet.

@Proud Tiger

19 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

WDE also said that he asked for a stupid amount of money and we told him to hit the bricks. 

Yeah, that would make sense. there is an article on 247 that Napier never had a legitimate offer despite what was said. Wild ride. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Lot of the leaks have been exposed. What a day. 

I watched Manhunt Deadly Games on Netflix.  Story of Richard Jewel.  The guy accused of the Olympic bombings.   The series was entertaining to me.  Worth the watch.     Anyway... It shows how some of these media stories get blown out of proportion.  

Today we have social media compounding the problem.

Anyone else see that series and see similarities?   

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

what r u hearing about what staff might be retained? apologies if this has already been discussed and i missed it.

I have heard people are going to bat for Steele, Garner, and Williams.  We will see

Archived