Another silver lining to this.

WarDamnEagleWDE

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

In the end, the most accurate tweet during this wasn’t from Tate, Marcello, or *sniffles* even Lil Mook. It was from Pete Thamel. Goes to show you just how little our beat writers and insiders actually know. Jboy didn’t predict this this afternoon! I’m absolutely shocked by that..... Next time Auburn is looking for a coach I’m just going to sit back, relax, and wait for the ESPN or Auburn University to release a name.

Surprised about Jboy missing? You must be new...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Mikey said:

That is your second smart alec remark in one day that is directed at me and PT. I let the first one I saw slide. 

What happened to "My time is up, I thank you for yours."? That was about the forth time you said you were going away from this message board, yet every time here you are, back in a few days. It appears that you have a psychological problem with separation anxiety. They have a pill to give dogs for that. Maybe you should check with your neighborhood vet.

@Proud Tiger

Come on Mikey. That's a harsh take on E. He was only kidding with that and you know it. That applied just as much to @ellitoras it did you. He's always reminding folks they need a link when posting stuff. There are a lot of joking swipes taken around here and it's all in fun. Things can change and I'm glad ellitor posts when he does. I took his stepping away as his desire to not be so consumed with this stuff that he maybe had felt it was more of an obligation to him that enjoyment. Maybe I'm wrong in that take but I'm just glad he's on here. Glad you're on here too. This board would be boring if everyone thought the same way. 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Pretty sure he was tongue in cheek on the JBoy part. 

6 hours ago, Gulfcoast713 said:

This was my biggest takeaway during our search for Pitman at AR.  No one really knew

That's how coaching searches go. I posted that early in the search but I guess I should have put it in my signature during the search. lol

7 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jboy didn’t predict this this afternoon! I’m absolutely shocked by that.

@AuCivilEng1 Don't be. Nobody really knows what's going on in coaching searches til the final call is made.All reporters & connecteds can do is relay what they are told by people involved & that's usually a lot of misinformation..

20 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Come on Mikey. That's a harsh take on E. He was only kidding with that and you know it. That applied just as much to @ellitoras it did you. He's always reminding folks they need a link when posting stuff. There are a lot of joking swipes taken around here and it's all in fun. Things can change and I'm glad ellitor posts when he does. I took his stepping away as his desire to not be so consumed with this stuff that he maybe had felt it was more of an obligation to him that enjoyment. Maybe I'm wrong in that take but I'm just glad he's on here. Glad you're on here too. This board would be boring if everyone thought the same way. 

I didn't read Mikey's OP nor it's quoted version. Based on this reply it's a good thing I didn't. lol

If all the reports on new coaching interviews were mostly wrong, why does everyone believe the reports about Steele and Garner?  Not to mention, if they did do something nefarious, they probably read this message board and thought that is exactly what most AU folks wanted the way we talk about Gus on here. They should be hero’s to some of you, if “reports” are true! Both are good coaches, not saying we keep them, that should be completely left up to CBH; but I would like to see TWill and Caddy remain at least. Players LOVE those two guys and they are true Auburn men. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@AuCivilEng1 Don't be. Nobody really knows what's going on in coaching searches til the final call is made.All reporters & connecteds can do is relay what they are told by people involved & that's usually a lot of misinformation..

I was being sarcastic lol. 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That was sarcasm. I was laying in to Jboy being full of sh*t the other day.

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don’t think any of them will be retained. 

I was hoping at least Caddy and Bicknell, Jr. would have a chance.

I told you guys that there weren't any real insiders.....nobody really knows anything, it's not like the actual game of football. In regards to this people were just guessing like we all were

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I told you guys that there weren't any real insiders.....nobody really knows anything, it's not like the actual game of football. In regards to this people were just guessing like we all were

So true

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

If only it could have been somebody ANYBODY other than Thalmel to break the story. Guy's the worst sort of media scum.

I think Thamel got it because the administration told him. They prolly didn't like all of the leaks and went outside to someone with more national reporting to release the news. 

1 hour ago, jw 4 au said:

If all the reports on new coaching interviews were mostly wrong, why does everyone believe the reports about Steele and Garner?  Not to mention, if they did do something nefarious, they probably read this message board and thought that is exactly what most AU folks wanted the way we talk about Gus on here. They should be hero’s to some of you, if “reports” are true! Both are good coaches, not saying we keep them, that should be completely left up to CBH; but I would like to see TWill and Caddy remain at least. Players LOVE those two guys and they are true Auburn men. 

Keep Caddy. T-Will needs to find a new home. 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Come on Mikey. That's a harsh take on E. He was only kidding with that and you know it.

No, I don't know it, or even think so. If you're going to make other people the butt of your jokes, fine.  Just don't be surprised when they bark back.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

He can find somewhere else to finish off that retirement time. He doesn’t need to be anywhere near Auburn for the foreseeable future.

Amen Brother.  :bow:

Here's what I think happened:

1)The talk about stipulations being put on any new coach's staffing were 100% true. That's why so many declined. No coach worth anything is going to accept proven back-stabbers being shoved down his throat. The story about $ is just a smokescreen to hide the PTB's embarrassment.

2) Then: President Gogue and AD Greene finally got enough of the circus, told everybody else to stand down and they hired a solid candidate. He agreed to take the job because the staffing nonsense had been removed.

3)Kudos to Gogue and Greene!

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Can’t blame the beat writers. It’s their job to report what they hear. 

Not trying to be rude but explain.  They aren’t expected to verify before reporting?    Seems this way of reporting is the issue, just write what u hear at the coffee shop with any verification.    

Just now, lala said:

Not trying to be rude but explain.  They aren’t expected to verify before reporting?    Seems this way of reporting is the issue, just write what u hear at the coffee shop with any verification.    

The sources where they get their info normally were the same sources that were feeding them this misinformation the last  nine days. They had no reason to believe otherwise.

1 minute ago, lala said:

How do you verify info like this. Some of these guys have sources for years that have been right on most of the time. 

Archived