Another silver lining to this.

WarDamnEagleWDE

34 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I think Thamel got it because the administration told him. They prolly didn't like all of the leaks and went outside to someone with more national reporting to release the news. 

maybe an olive branch?  A new direction with respect to some old characters in the national media?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

How do you verify info like this. Some of these guys have sources for years that have been right on most of the time. 

You can't really verify you just trust your source because 90% of the time they are correct. Sometimes stuff doesnt work out like what was being said and stuff changes daily especially during coaches searches. 

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i agree. i am not real happy with him but i want to know the whole story of what happened. people heard so much about the coaching search and a lot of it was not only not true it was not even close.

Fifty, I broached the subject of Steele in one of the first threads after Gus was fired.  I received some heat for "going there" and bringing up the notion that he'd been part of something unprofessional at the end of the 2018 season when rumors were pouring out of the AD via Josh Moon/JGTate/PMarshall.

Then damned if we haven't seen some of those notions I mentioned creep out of the cracks in the last week or so and it's not good.  From now on when you see people post that CKS needs not be involved with Auburn in any capacity going forward, believe them.  

The house needs a deep cleaning with a blank slate where the new HC can bring in his own staff and build Auburn back up to a championship contending level again.  Auburn should no longer be the laughing stock or viewed as the red-headed step child.  I hope CBH can hit the ground running and not have to worry about looking over his shoulder wondering what a left-over coach from Gus' staff may have up his sleeve.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Here's what I think happened:

1)The talk about stipulations being put on any new coach's staffing were 100% true. That's why so many declined. No coach worth anything is going to accept proven back-stabbers being shoved down his throat. The story about $ is just a smokescreen to hide the PTB's embarrassment.

2) Then: President Gogue and AD Greene finally got enough of the circus, told everybody else to stand down and they hired a solid candidate. He agreed to take the job because the staffing nonsense had been removed.

3)Kudos to Gogue and Greene!

First off you are dead wrong on #1. No stipulation was put on anyone. The Napier’s and Clark’s didn’t have offers to turn down. Napier is dumb as a hammer. Now some of those PRB are and should be embarrassed. I’m not so sure BV got a offer. He might have but withdrew before talks went further. I tried to tell you and other this search wasn’t as big of a circus as being portrayed. 

Second, yeah I do believe Gouge did get tired of Rane. Gave Greene 100% control of the hiring. Did that over a week ago. Again it wasn’t that huge circus you think it was. There were people being interviewed all along that no one knew was going on. 

Agree with 3. Think we have a real AD now with real AD power. One that isn’t in it for himself or some of his money men buddies. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

First off you are dead wrong on #1. No stipulation was put on anyone. The Napier’s and Clark’s didn’t have offers to turn down. Napier is dumb as a hammer. Now some of those PRB are and should be embarrassed. I’m not so sure BV got a offer. He might have but withdrew before talks went further. I tried to tell you and other this search wasn’t as big of a circus as being portrayed. 

Second, yeah I do believe Gouge did get tired of Rane. Gave Greene 100% control of the hiring. Did that over a week ago. Again it wasn’t that huge circus you think it was. There were people being interviewed all along that no one knew was going on. 

Agree with 3. Think we have a real AD now with real AD power. One that isn’t in it for himself or some of his money men buddies. 

i believe you are right. they threw riggins under the bus because of where he worked and the pres or AD one came out and thanked him. nothing but taking random thoughts and damning a man who probably loves auburn more than they do. am i right or wrong?

10 minutes ago, lala said:

Not trying to be rude but explain.  They aren’t expected to verify before reporting?    Seems this way of reporting is the issue, just write what u hear at the coffee shop with any verification.    

Here is one example.  I am no fan of Crapea, but he reported a story from a source and that source just lied straight to his face, it was Jay Jacobs.  How do you verify what the head guy tells you and wants you to be off the record with it.

54 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Keep Caddy. T-Will needs to find a new home. 

Agreed. Caddy is the only one on the current staff that I have been hoping gets a chance to stay. 

Ha you just never know what to believe anymore. So all the craziness of stipulations on coaches was not true? Napier, Cristobal, and Clark all turning us down did not happen? Then did the BOT trying to hire Steele really happen? If they weren't trying to hire Steele then why did Red and lots of others get on here freaking out that it might happen and there was under handed dealings happening that worked against Gus? If there are not under handed dealings...then why is everyone sticking with the story that Steele needs to go? Either the coaching search was a circus or there was never any real threat to hire Steele as the coach.

Anyway i'm really happy with who they hired as a head coach. I don't think Harsin is the type that would be told who to hire. So if he decides to keep Steele or Gardner or anyone else on the staff i'll assume its because he choose to and not because there is some sleezy network of power brokers pulling the strings.

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Man this is refreshing to hear. 

They have to.  

A source on a player being suspended is different than a source on a coach search.  I think most just ran with what they heard to be 1st and were very loose with any verification.  They helped perpetuate false info

28 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The sources where they get their info normally were the same sources that were feeding them this misinformation the last  nine days. They had no reason to believe otherwise.

Right - they used sources such as coaches for a different situation.   That is poor reporting and should be better than that, if they want to be considered journalist.    

not arguing with u, but they should be called out IMO

the one i hate losing is caddy. and again i could not tell you if he was a great rb coach or not but the players seem to like him.

I'd love it if Harsin were to decide to keep Caddy (provided he was doing it of his own free will, of course, rather than being nudged into it), but I'm more upset about potentially losing T-Will, because he's a stud recruiter AND, from all reports, a fantastic LB coach.

17 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

First off you are dead wrong on #1. No stipulation was put on anyone.

I believe you are dead wrong. . If there was no stipulation, there would have been no coaches such as Cristobal , Napier, Elliott, Venebvals, ec., etc. turning the job down.  Without the stipulations, any one of those would have been glad to have the AU job. To think otherwise defies common sense.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

I'd love it if Harsin were to decide to keep Caddy (provided he was doing it of his own free will, of course, rather than being nudged into it), but I'm more upset about potentially losing T-Will, because he's a stud recruiter AND, from all reports, a fantastic LB coach.

i agree but i keep hearing he screwed the pooch bad on a couple of huge players. even one of the mods agreed. i just want to see us knock people down again and be physical like the old dye teams...............while winning of course.

11 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

People leaking things out to the media.  Lot of these folks have been exposed. 

If we don’t know their names that’s not what I call exposed IMO. 

2 minutes ago, creed said:

If we don’t know their names that’s not what I call exposed IMO. 

We don't have to know their names. The insiders who use(d) them as sources need to know their names to know where their information is coming from.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I believe you are dead wrong. . If there was no stipulation, there would have been no coaches such as Cristobal , Napier, Elliott, Venebvals, ec., etc. turning the job down.  Without the stipulations, any one of those would have been glad to have the AU job. To think otherwise defies common sense.

How do you know Cristobal, Napier, Elliot, Venables, etc. turned the job down again? Oh that's right. Sources. Even though you're arguing with one of this message board's primary insiders.

Forgive me if I trust WDEWDE more than your logical reasoning abilities.

again i understand this. but it has been brought up so often on this board and others it sounds real important to steele. maybe it was just important to those talking about it but it was one of the main reasons steele came to auburn if i remember correctly. he could get coach money but he wants what is owed to him as we all do. as far as auburn caring they have helped folks in the past. i am not sure i like the idea of him being an adviser to nick or whatever he hires the old coaches to do.

Then why just limit it to Steele. Do it for the entire staff. Admin jobs for everyone until they get vested. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

His huge source is Rane. He is and has been Rane’s mouth piece. So yeah Phillip looks bad and is pissed. 

That makes me happy that PM is pissed off, except for the reason that I have a yearly sub. I am trying to get my money back. The Bogga Getta' is bigga' buslls**a"

4 minutes ago, creed said:

Then why just limit it to Steele. Do it for the entire staff. Admin jobs for everyone until they get vested. 

i have no idea. why not? lol

9 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I watched Manhunt Deadly Games on Netflix.  Story of Richard Jewel.  The guy accused of the Olympic bombings.   The series was entertaining to me.  Worth the watch.     Anyway... It shows how some of these media stories get blown out of proportion.  

Today we have social media compounding the problem.

Anyone else see that series and see similarities?   

The posters in this forum need to go watch Coach Harsin’s video on what he thinks about uninformed opinions, which covers about 90% of the posts here. 

1 minute ago, creed said:

The posters in this forum need to go watch Coach Harsin’s video on what he thinks about uninformed opinions, which covers about 90% of the posts here. 

Right this is a message board, nobody has any input on the football program. So you can say what you think and not worry about it

3 minutes ago, creed said:

Strong disagree. 

It's 99.9%

16 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

We don't have to know their names. The insiders who use(d) them as sources need to know their names to know where their information is coming from.

I disagree. 

Archived