OC: Mike Bobo

W.E.D

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

How many face palm’s have you had over the last five years watching gus or somebody else in this offense call plays? How many times did you want To punch the TV after picking up a first down and then running it up the middle for a yard? Over and over

I almost invested in a foam brick. I will never forget that 2016 Clemson game, but I don't know if anything pissed me off more than watching him run the ball up the middle on 17 consecutive first downs against LSU in 2017. Bobo should definitely be an upgrade. I'm just prepping myself that there will be some frustrating moments in terms of play calling, but at least he won't play 5 QBs in one game. I'm definitely going to try and remember that lol.

21 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I have to wonder if Harsin has a long-term strategy here where his first hires will be about getting guys who can recruit and develop, then when the opportunity comes available to get a guy who is also a stellar X's and O's type, he makes a change and brings them on board.

Now you are getting it!. 

If I was told I have to build a program to compete with Bama and UGA, the first priority is getting the talent here. I do not care how good of an x's and o's coach you are, or how good your scheme is. If you do not have the talent there you are just polishing a turd so to speak. Yes it can win you a game here and there, but it will never get you to a championship level year in year out. In my opinion, hire guys known for recruiting prowess, and then if they do not work out or produce on the field, once you have the talent here, then find the right x and o guy.

17 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

This is a very good hire. In order of importance we needed a recruiter, QB developer, and someone who could seamlessly mesh with Harsin. Checks the boxes folks, with a proven guy who's a former HC as well. 

Don't get so caught up in the weeds. He was a successful playcaller under another offensive minded HC. Bobo ain't going about it solo.

I agree. I honestly don't know who would have been a better fit when you look at those check boxes. 

11 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

From what I gather Bobo will be calling the plays but it will be a blend of Harsin/Bobo playbook. In other words, pro style but not your grandpas pro style offense from Georgia 

Harsin also used spread formations at Boise.  However, the spread he used was not spread option but when running the ball it was a power downhill running game and handing off to RB and letting him pick his holes as blocking develops very similar to what Najee Harris at Bama does.  I have not really checked the passing concepts/trees to determine if it is similar to Bama's.  If it is a copy of Bama's just think of the exposure our defense will get by practicing against our offense.

1 minute ago, Carnell said:

Harsin also used spread formations at Boise.  However, the spread he used was not spread option but when running the ball it was a power downhill running game and handing off to RB and letting him pick his holes as blocking develops very similar to what Najee Harris at Bama does.  I have not really checked the passing concepts/trees to determine if it is similar to Bama's.  If it is a copy of Bama's just think of the exposure our defense will get by practicing against our offense.

Harsin is very innovative. I think we’ll see multiple schemes 

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I agree. I honestly don't know who would have been a better fit when you look at those check boxes. 

How many times did we hear this: "It’s easy to call plays or play QB at Bama because of all the elite talent"

Harsin is trying to build a monster off the field recruiting staff and stock the on field staff with proven recruiters that get DUDES. 

Jimmys and Joes people!!!

And oh btw, Bobo and Mason and Harsin are great developers

54 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I almost invested in a foam brick. I will never forget that 2016 Clemson game, but I don't know if anything pissed me off more than watching him run the ball up the middle on 17 consecutive first downs against LSU in 2017. Bobo should definitely be an upgrade. I'm just prepping myself that there will be some frustrating moments in terms of play calling, but at least he won't play 5 QBs in one game. I'm definitely going to try and remember that lol.

You got me re-pissed about those two games just now. 

6 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I went and watched just our offensive plays from that Clemson game. I'm not pissed anymore. I now find it humorous and embarrassing. Thank God we don't have that Gimmicky gum sucker doing our game plans anymore.

17 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Go watch Uga this year. Or last year. Or just about any year. Barf. 

8 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I went and watched just our offensive plays from that Clemson game. I'm not pissed anymore. I now find it humorous and embarrassing. Thank God we don't have that Gimmicky gum sucker doing our game plans anymore.

What a shitshow that was . A national embarrassment. And he still got AU for 20 mil 

7 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

That was the game that cemented my opinion of Gus.

1 hour ago, caleb1633 said:

AU v Clemson 2016 was such a surreal nightmare, even the ESPNs just dropped talk of it. It was such a horrendous cluster, to this day nobody can really describe it. You just wish you could unsee it. 
Like a McCaulay Culkin music video: 

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Go watch Uga this year. Or last year. Or just about any year. Barf. 

Idk man, I personally was already resigned on Uga day. It was almost impossible to even care. But yeah...

4 minutes ago, AUx said:

AU v Clemson 2016 was such a surreal nightmare, even the ESPNs just dropped talk of it. It was such a horrendous cluster, to this day nobody can really describe it. You just wish you could unsee it. 
Like a McCaulay Culkin music video:

I think what makes it most frustrating, is that it was a perfectly winnable game, against the #2 team.  It even seemed like Clemson wanted Auburn to win.  Then Gus had to show up with an epic brain fart, and basically have the entire roster take snaps at QB.

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

I think what makes it most frustrating, is that it was a perfectly winnable game, against the #2 team.  It even seemed like Clemson wanted Auburn to win.  Then Gus had to show up with an epic brain fart, and basically have the entire roster take snaps at QB.

Ive got a meme for that. What Gus brought to a winnable game (esp Clemson 2016) ...

PolishedDeadCollie-size_restricted.gif

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Such an inspiring thread we’re discussing the Worst Of from Gus, huh 

Sorry. It just spills out like Kevin’s chili. We just want to find a way to rationalize something that still causes us so much grief in a context that says, “it was necessary so we might get on the road to recovery.” Here’s to better times. 

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Such an inspiring thread we’re discussing the Worst Of from Gus, huh 

Exactly! Take it elsewhere 

PhEHEz3.gif

Worst part about that 2016 Clemson game was that it was one of the PRIMETIME games of the GREATEST opening day in college football history. Everyone and their mama was watching that circus.

Archived