A Reckoning in six months...

DKW 86

Just a gentle reminder to all the Grownups that had to hear all the screeching from those that were so certain that:

"Trump is a fascist and is planning a coup and will never leave. He is (more or less) going to takeover as an American Dictator!"

Just want to remind all the Grown-ups on the board that once again, it all went just as I predicted it would.
Trump was a bad President, but he did the Economy some real good, even with COVID, and did a few modest good things in foreign policy w/r to the Middle East.
He wont be remembered fondly, and wont be well talked of in the history books. His handling of the COVID and the Border Crisis' alone will insure bad press for decades. 

Trump is an ass, a clown, a con man, a business fraud and was all that for 30+ years.
For the same 30+ years the celebrity worshipping media kissed his ass over an over and over. 
What a world it would be if they had done their damn jobs and outed him as the jerk he was 30+ years ago. Barbara Walters did her job. Where were the rest?
Why did ABC give him a network series? $$$.
Why did celebrity after celebrity line up to get their pics with him? $$$
Why did charity after charity line up to hand him awards? $$$ 

And while I am very happy the bastiche is gone, I must say that I am almost ashamed of those that COULD NOT/WOULD NOT RESTRAIN THEIR OPEN DISPLAY OF HATE. 
History is also going to record all those batshit crazy people saying that he was going to stay in power. That he was going to get the American Military to overthrow the American Govt and stage a coup for him. Guess what? It didnt happen because there was zero chance it ever would. The American Military is for the People and Controlled by Congress. They are trained to accept ONLY legal orders from the CINC, or the President.

If you didnt understand that, well IT TRULY SUCKS TO BE AS DUMB AS YOU.

Now, we all see and now know that those Sierra Foxtrots were indeed Sierra Foxtrots.

Those that do not study the Constitution, they study Extremist Commentaries.
Those that do not study Law, they study DNC Hyperbole.
Those that do not study History, they study Twitter.
They have no sense of Irony when it comes to their chosen enemies.
They can not see themselves in the mirror of Hypocrisy. 

I am in no way making even one excuse for the RNC in all this. They will get and deserve their own comeuppance. Heres hoping they get everything they so amply deserve for putting up with the desecration of their party, their morals, their ethics. I gave up on the Republicans long ago and never expected ANYTHING more from them. 
At no time during the White House stay of this deranged lunatic was the Constitution, nor the Republic, nor Democracy in danger. The Adults all KNEW that.
The Sierra Foxtrots in the world, they bought all the media bull****, hook line, sinker, rod, reel, boat, trailer, truck, and the boat ramp too.   

In short, I am afraid that so many DNC Supporters are far more like their Q-Anon adversaries. They believe things that have never happened (just like the Q-Anon People) and are, just to be frank and honest, BATCRAP CRAZY. Now, they may actually be able to admit this at some time in the future, but it wont be now. They are far too ruled by their emotions, (just like the Q-Anon People) to actually cognitively recognize their slightly less mental version of their own craziness. They openly talked about things that...didnt happen and were never going to happen (just like the Q-Anon People). although to be really fair, the DNC Loonies have never come close to Pizza Parlor Pedophiles trope. 

So here is a 'prayer of sorts that at some day in the future, maybe six months or so, we can all go back over the posts of the last 4-5 years and have a good laugh at how wrong some of the posters on here were back then.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Leftfield said:

When you kiss yourself in the mirror, do you use tongue?

I do. Cause I am World Class at foreplay...

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

I do. Cause I am a World Class at foreplay...

"It's not gay! It's masturbation!"

This is a seven-part series (each are relatively short reads) on Trump's post-election meltdown and his attempts to swipe the election out from under Biden through various legal and procedural means.  It's hard for me to believe that such a intellectually bereft stooge like Trump ever even got to the White House in the first place.  It is to the everlasting shame of conservatives, evangelicals and the GOP that they ever gave their support to him:

https://www.axios.com/off-the-rails-episodes-cf6da824-83ac-45a6-a33c-ed8b00094e39.html

18 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

That he was going to get the American Military to overthrow the American Govt and stage a coup for him. Guess what? It didnt happen because there was zero chance it ever would.

Man, I got in a long draw out when I posted something very similar a few months ago. It's amazing how it all worked out.  Almost like there are safeguards against that type of attempt or behavior. There was NEVER any real possibility of it, but it was echoed across every possible outlet just to play fear politics.

14 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Joe Exotic told you that too?  Thought it was just me

I heard Carole Baskin killed Epstein

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Man, I got in a long draw out when I posted something very similar a few months ago. It's amazing how it all worked out.  Almost like there are safeguards against that type of attempt or behavior. There was NEVER any real possibility of it, but it was echoed across every possible outlet just to play fear politics.

Wow. So a huge mob of his supporters being allowed to overtake our nation's capitol and 5 people dying, to include a police officer who was literally beaten to death, just doesn't matter, huh? No big deal? We were all crazy to suggest that Trump would not go peacefully and that it matters that a sitting POTUS would *attempt* something like that? Just a big ol' nothing burger, I guess.

Never mind that many of you are severely back-tracking, and that you initially laughed at the notion of Trump not simply acknowledging the election results (he did not), and then saying that it didn't matter whether or not he did (now tens of millions of Republican voters no longer believe in our democracy and literally tried to stop Congress from formally validating the election results), and now it's "Well he might TRY, but he won't SUCCEED". Amazing how it all worked out? A POLICE OFFICER WAS BEATEN TO DEATH BECAUSE THE PRESIDENT INCITED AN INSURRECTION AT OUR NATION'S CAPITOL. FOUR OTHER PEOPLE DIED. 

Evidently it wasn't a long enough draw out. Your head remains deeply and disappointingly buried. I guess I was naive to hope that what happened a couple weeks ago would wake people like you up. But you're clearly more beholden to your devil's advocacy than you are to any clarity or common sense on this issue. 

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

There are a bunch of chicken littles everywhere!! 

A bunch of idiots trying to trash Congress hardly comes close to a legitimate coup. 

I was never worried that Trump would be successful trying to stay in control. Things played out exactly how I expected, this “coup” delayed the certification. Fear politics at its best....or worst. 

6 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

There are a bunch of chicken littles everywhere!! 

A bunch of idiots trying to trash Congress hardly comes close to a legitimate coup. 

I was never worried that Trump would be successful trying to stay in control. Things played out exactly how I expected, this “coup” delayed the certification. Fear politics at its best....or worst. 

What do you mean exactly by that last sentence?

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What do you mean exactly by that last sentence?

It’s pretty self explanatory, we just had four years full of it. 

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Wow. So a huge mob of his supporters being allowed to overtake our nation's capitol and 5 people dying, to include a police officer who was literally beaten to death, just doesn't matter, huh? No big deal? We were all crazy to suggest that Trump would not go peacefully and that it matters that a sitting POTUS would *attempt* something like that? Just a big ol' nothing burger, I guess.

Never mind that many of you are severely back-tracking, and that you initially laughed at the notion of Trump not simply acknowledging the election results (he did not), and then saying that it didn't matter whether or not he did (now tens of millions of Republican voters no longer believe in our democracy and literally tried to stop Congress from formally validating the election results), and now it's "Well he might TRY, but he won't SUCCEED". Amazing how it all worked out? A POLICE OFFICER WAS BEATEN TO DEATH BECAUSE THE PRESIDENT INCITED AN INSURRECTION AT OUR NATION'S CAPITOL. FOUR OTHER PEOPLE DIED. 

Evidently it wasn't a long enough draw out. Your head remains deeply and disappointingly buried. I guess I was naive to hope that what happened a couple weeks ago would wake people like you up. But you're clearly more beholden to your devil's advocacy than you are to any clarity or common sense on this issue. 

Who was saying he would not leave? Who was saying he was setting up a coup? Who was saying he would set up marshall law and have the military help him? Who has been proven wrong?

It wasn't me.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Who was saying he would not leave? Who was saying he was setting up a coup? Who was saying he would set up marshall law and have the military help him? Who has been proven wrong?

It wasn't me.

Not sure why I kept hoping you'd be better. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Not sure why I kept hoping you'd be better. 

Maybe because we're more similar than you'd admit.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Maybe because we're more similar than you'd admit.

Nah. The ability to admit being wrong is pretty fundamental. I sometimes wonder if you have more in common with Mikey than you do with me. 

56 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So a huge mob of his supporters being allowed to overtake our nation's capitol and 5 people dying, to include a police officer who was literally beaten to death, just doesn't matter, huh? No big deal? We were all crazy to suggest that Trump would not go peacefully and that it matters that a sitting POTUS would *attempt* something like that? Just a big ol' nothing burger, I guess.

It was a very big deal, indeed. I've said so many times. However, it has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. It's a shame you have to try and twist other's words to make them fit your narrative.

It was stated many times that Trump wouldn't leave, he'd try a coup, or use the military to remain in power. None of that ever came close to happening. I said, even if he wanted to he wouldn't be able. Surprise! It didn't happen.

I'm sorry that you bought into the fearful talking points and tried to pass it off as a definite possibility. It wasn't ever and you and many others have been proven wrong since then. I get it, it must sting buying into every rumor and repeatedly being proven wrong. It'll be okay. 

It's a new day, Biden is president, and Trump is gone. 2 out of 3 ain't bad to me and still I hope Biden is very successful.

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nah. The ability to admit being wrong is pretty fundamental. I sometimes wonder if you have more in common with Mikey than you do with me. 

Then why is it so hard for you?

You said he'd set up a coup, refuse to leave, or use the military to remain in power. I said it would be an impossibility. He didn't and was unable. Who's wrong?

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

This is a seven-part series (each are relatively short reads) on Trump's post-election meltdown and his attempts to swipe the election out from under Biden through various legal and procedural means.  It's hard for me to believe that such a intellectually bereft stooge like Trump ever even got to the White House in the first place.  It is to the everlasting shame of conservatives, evangelicals and the GOP that they ever gave their support to him:

https://www.axios.com/off-the-rails-episodes-cf6da824-83ac-45a6-a33c-ed8b00094e39.html

This was some damn good reporting.  Holy hell what a read.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

"Fear politics". You badly embarrass yourselves and you delegitimize whatever ideology you think you represent.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DOJ: 13 Charged in Federal Court in Connection to Deadly Capitol  Insurrection | National News | US News

6 rioters charged in Capitol insurrection released ahead of trial - Insider

Trump Capitol insurrection: The history behind the violence - The Jerusalem  Post

What do these pics have to do with him remaining in power? To me, it seems the mechanisms in place to stop such a thing did exactly what they were meant to do and stopped any further development.  It didn't matter if he wanted it, it didn't matter if his supporters wanted it, it didn't matter if it ALMOST happened. The fact is, it didn't and it didn't get close. The system worked to stop it just like I said it would and Trump is now in Florida while Biden takes over.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Then why is it so hard for you?

You said he'd set up a coup, refuse to leave, or use the military to remain in power. I said it would be an impossibility. He didn't and was unable. Who's wrong?

Some people live in an alternate reality and believe what their dear leaders tell them to believe. 

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's funny because I've thought many here, despite viewpoints, are more similar in behavior and action to each other than they like to admit.  Although they won't ever admit it, many here are more 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock than 12 and 6.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

"Fear politics". You badly embarrass yourselves and you delegitimize whatever ideology you think you represent.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DOJ: 13 Charged in Federal Court in Connection to Deadly Capitol  Insurrection | National News | US News

6 rioters charged in Capitol insurrection released ahead of trial - Insider

Trump Capitol insurrection: The history behind the violence - The Jerusalem  Post

Anyone horrified by the above photos are just over-reacting and trying to employ "fear politics".  It was nothing from the very beginning. 

In fact, reaction to the entire Trump presidency was just an exercise in "fear politics"  - never mind that more than 70 million people supported a second term. Trump was a good president - a "stable genius". It was just the libs overreaction that make it seem otherwise.

We don't need to be concerned by what the president does.  Our liberty was never in danger.  In fact, it never will be. Our system will always take care care of itself, just as if it were on autopilot.  Any concern otherwise is just trying to play "fear politics".   Just go back to sleep and quit with your "fear politics". 

Some of the people on this forum never cease to amaze me. :no:

People died for our freedom and they are willing to piss it away by not taking threats to it seriously.  

Archived