Malzahn Accepts UCF HC Job

Paladin

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@auburnphanSupposedly T-Will was playing both sides & was buddy buddy to Gus's face.

We have insiders who have this information but it never leaked to Gus. I guess he wasn’t connected enough to get the scoop. 

On 2/16/2021 at 12:28 PM, DAG said:

How exactly did this move put that to rest? I am willing to bet the insane buy out and money given to him by Auburn directly influenced how much he and the university was willing to pay out. Add to the fact it is Orlando with zero state income tax. 

Did you watch his press conference. He was legitimately excited. 

15 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Did you watch his press conference. He was legitimately excited. 

Did you expect him to be somnolent during the press conference?

31 minutes ago, alexava said:

We have insiders who have this information but it never leaked to Gus. I guess he wasn’t connected enough to get the scoop. 

I don't know but I suspect all the insiders, experts, sources. and outright rumors were just wrong. I simply can't believe Gus wouldn't know that. Steele is a different case but who knows the truth even with him?

7 hours ago, auburnphan said:

So TW talked s*** behind Gus’ back about Gus and can’t coach worth a lick all while Gus was the head coach and then Gus gets a new job and offers TW a huge promotion and he accepts the offer..................WTF is right about this picture, because everything seems to be wrong with it?  I mean it is Gus but still

To think, there are those on this board, that think, so called board insiders, know more about T-Will and Gus’s relationship, than Gus knew himself. 

3 hours ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Anyone hear the rumors on 3 man Front about Pat Nix to UCF as OC?

This is probably worth it's own thread.  Anyone got any hot takes here?

10 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

This is probably worth it's own thread.  Anyone got any hot takes here?

Maybe we can make a trade! Pat and Bo for Dillon Gabriel! lol

9 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Another $2.3 million per year for five years, on top of his $22 million buyout, on top of the money he’s already made prior to his buyout at Auburn. Not bad for a stupid guy that can’t coach.

New UCF football coach Gus Malzahn signed a five-year, $11.5 million agreement to lead the Knights.

That means he's got a smart agent. That doesn't make him a great coach.

Chad Morris got a $10 million buyout from Arkansas, not bad for a stupid guy that can't coach......

Will Muschamp got a $13 million buyout from South Carolina, not bad for a stupid guy that can't coach.......

Josh Heupel was getting $2.3 million at UCF. It's not like Gus was going to coach at a bargain rate. He wasn't going to get back into coaching unless he got paid as much as he could get.

Obviously the previous environment was toxic. I appreciate insiders with the courage to provide some perspective. Keep it coming.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/02/kristi-malzahn-was-the-auburn-mom-now-ucf-to-benefit-from-her-dedication.html

Am I imagining more heartwarming Gus and Kristi articles in the local media in the last couple months vs. His entire 8 year coaching history?    I may be, so feel free to tell me I am wrong.  A few of those while he was actually coach at Auburm might have impacted a recruit or two for us.  

19 hours ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Anyone hear the rumors on 3 man Front about Pat Nix to UCF as OC?

Oh man that’s funny and highly doubtful. If you hitch your wagon to Gus and your kid is a quarterback, you must really hate your kid lol

54 minutes ago, casatiger said:

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/02/kristi-malzahn-was-the-auburn-mom-now-ucf-to-benefit-from-her-dedication.html

Am I imagining more heartwarming Gus and Kristi articles in the local media in the last couple months vs. His entire 8 year coaching history?    I may be, so feel free to tell me I am wrong.  A few of those while he was actually coach at Auburm might have impacted a recruit or two for us.  

It wouldn't surprise me at all. That tends to happen once folks are gone. 

Steve Spurrier was the most hated man in the southeast when he was at Florida. Now everybody loves him. Different reasons, same phenomenon.

As for how the press treated Gus while he was here, though, that's 75% on him. (Auburn will never get 100% fair treatment in the state.) 

1 hour ago, casatiger said:

You have to consider the writer. This one from Han who is our AU beat writer for AL.com, has so far a hot/cold relationship with her articles and the AU fan base. I'm not sure why she wrote this article which is more for the UCF fans. We all ready knew about Kristy and her great relationship with the AU players and how she helped Gus with the players. As she writes for Alabama, i have no clue why she wrote this...when UCF would want articles more from FL.com...:)

2 hours ago, casatiger said:

al.com is a bunch of bama lovers.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Not many Waffle Houses in Orlando maybe one that is somewhat close to the UCF campus. Also he can play a ton of great golf courses.

True, I love the course at Shades of Green on Disney property. As you said, many, many to choose from.

There will always be some fondness for Gus from the majority of Auburn people.  There is good reason for that.  We all know that Gus was as much responsible for 2010 as anyone else and that he was likewise responsible for 2013, which quickly got us out of the SEC basement. I doubt we ever have a coach that lasts over ten years.  Simply put, people run out of steam and it is often good for the school and the coach to re-energize. 

People respect Gus and Kristi for who they are and how they represented Auburn.  They are genuine people without having allowed millions in the bank to change who they are.  I wish Gus well and I wish Bryan Harsin well.  My hope is that this is a win win for everyone.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

True, I love the course at Shades of Green on Disney property. As you said, many, many to choose from.

Its called Palm course it and the Magnolia course is where the pro's play usually. I prefer the Lake Buena Vista course its more of a real southern course with pine trees and very fewer palm trees. Played the Palm course 30 or more times it is a fun course

24 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Its called Palm course it and the Magnolia course is where the pro's play usually. I prefer the Lake Buena Vista course its more of a real southern course with pine trees and very fewer palm trees. Played the Palm course 30 or more times it is a fun course

Have not played Disney in 30 years but in the 80"s, Buena Vista course was my favorite. Not Disney but I like the Grand Cypress courses, even the "New Course" is fun.

1 hour ago, grandpajay said:

I like the Grand Cypress courses, even the "New Course" is fun.

One of my favorite resort courses downhere. I played Grand Cypress courses well over 50 times had some of my best rounds there

Archived