Malzahn Accepts UCF HC Job

Paladin

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hand hire gave me a good chuckle. I hope some of y'all are starting to see it. It's not the "Gus Malzahn coaching tree". It's the "Gus Malzahn coaching light pole". 

Has anyone noticed al.com articles slobbering all over themselves with the Malzahn hire at UCF?  Not a Gus lover or hater but announce it and move on. The latest is an article about the positive affect of Kristi on that program.  

17 hours ago, Paladin said:

What a trainwreck heading UCFs way, but they will have some decent bbq.

Whee,  the Band is back together!!!

woo.gif

17 hours ago, casatiger said:

David Gibbs coming as Co-coordinator.  Gus know he uses bad words??

I thought Gibbs did well in his one year at Auburn under Tuberville. They had a falling out after that one season, but the guy had some good D-schemes.

22 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Its called Palm course it and the Magnolia course is where the pro's play usually. I prefer the Lake Buena Vista course its more of a real southern course with pine trees and very fewer palm trees. Played the Palm course 30 or more times it is a fun course

I will have to try the Lake Buena Vista course next time. I really only golf about 4 to 6 times a year.

4 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Has anyone noticed al.com articles slobbering all over themselves with the Malzahn hire at UCF?  Not a Gus lover or hater but announce it and move on. The latest is an article about the positive affect of Kristi on that program.  

............the same Kristi that they put in a room by herself under the stadium during games?

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

I thought Gibbs did well in his one year at Auburn under Tuberville. They had a falling out after that one season, but the guy had some good D-schemes.

Yeah, I agree.   Would have been interesting to see what would have happened had he stayed around longer.  Who knows, he may have been our head coach instead of Chiz.

On 2/19/2021 at 7:37 AM, McLoofus said:

The Hand hire gave me a good chuckle. I hope some of y'all are starting to see it. It's not the "Gus Malzahn coaching tree". It's the "Gus Malzahn coaching light pole". 

And the light was blown off during a hurricane 10 years ago. Hasn't been replaced. 

This is going to be fun to watch burn down. 

On 2/19/2021 at 12:18 PM, Timbeaux38 said:

............the same Kristi that they put in a room by herself under the stadium during games?

now why would they do that?

On 2/19/2021 at 10:36 AM, Mikey said:

He was no Chizik or Muschamp.  Significant fall-off in 05.

are people still making fun of kristi because of that doctored video turd fans made years ago making her look crazy?

On 2/19/2021 at 1:18 PM, Timbeaux38 said:

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

now why would they do that?

She did that by choice as she got really into/nervous during the games.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

She did that by choice as she got really into/nervous during the games.

i thought i had seen her in the stand before but it might have been someone else. i hate my memory fails me. but i was told she was a really great woman and helped take care of the players etc so i get upset when i think someone is making fun of her. and yes i know it comes with the territory.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i thought i had seen her in the stand before but it might have been someone else. i hate my memory fails me. but i was told she was a really great woman and helped take care of the players etc so i get upset when i think someone is making fun of her. and yes i know it comes with the territory.

Kristi was typically by herself unless there were injured players or ejected players, then she would invite them to come watch the game with her.  She was a great mother to a lot of the players, especially Marlon Davidson.  She will be sorely missed, despite what many say on here.  I hope Kes Harsin can try to replicate what Kristi did.

ok. the way tim stated that was "THEY put her in a room" like she did not have much choice. i feel better now. i get mad if i think someone i making fun of someone who has done great things to help people.

On 2/17/2021 at 11:26 AM, ellitor said:

@auburnphanSupposedly T-Will was playing both sides & was buddy buddy to Gus's face.

I read something back after Gus was fired that T-Will was in Kevin Steele's doghouse and was not expected to be retained if Steele got the HC job. I heard something similar on a podcast. It sounds like T-Will may have been loyal to Gus but talked him down behind his back to protect himself from Steele.

24 minutes ago, meh130 said:

I read something back after Gus was fired that T-Will was in Kevin Steele's doghouse and was not expected to be retained if Steele got the HC job. I heard something similar on a podcast. It sounds like T-Will may have been loyal to Gus but talked him down behind his back to protect himself from Steele.

T-Will was in it for T-Will. Steele saw thru is BS and was going to "let him walk" to another job. Nice was of saying leave or be fired. Gus, Gus is like a guy who knows his wife is getting some on the side. Doesn't like conflict so he looks the other way. Hiring T-Will as the DC? I have no words. 

Just on offensive line recruiting alone Malzahn should be number seven. Who were these experts? There's more to recruiting than stars and when you have no development, It all becomes smoke and mirrors

On 2/22/2021 at 12:35 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

T-Will was in it for T-Will. Steele saw thru is BS and was going to "let him walk" to another job. Nice was of saying leave or be fired. Gus, Gus is like a guy who knows his wife is getting some on the side. Doesn't like conflict so he looks the other way. Hiring T-Will as the DC? I have no words. 

Kinda wonder what Steele was in it for as well

Archived