BO and TJ

aubiefifty

3 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Absolutely not.  Im not too impressed with TJ either but I havent watched much film on him besides our game and LSU vs USCe.

Guy has a ton of physical traits and ability. He, like 99% of QBs, shouldn't have started as a TrFr.  He had a lot of good WRs, but also had a pretty bad OL.  He was good against USC, but then any decent defense that put presser on him he panicked and mad bad decisions, poor throws, etc.  Like a lot of young QBs he also threw a bunch of picks and that continued through to the spring game.

BUT....he was a TrFr.  There aren't many TrFr that are good enough to start.  Finely threw some GREAT balls and it appears he has a really really good deep ball.  In time, with good QB coaches which we have, I think he'll be really really good.  I'm not sure it'll be this year.  I think he'll get a shot if Bo continues to struggle.

11 hours ago, au302 said:

Let's slow down a bit lol. Let's see if he can even win the job and then be an average SEC quarterback before throwing the ole Heisman potential on him. I just think saying he'll be a Cox/White level guy is crazy when he arguably has not even been that. Here's a question. Would y'all start Bo over Sean White or Stidham with this new staff? Be honest. I'll leave Cox out of it since he played before Gus

Stidham, under better scheme/coaching would have been a lot better.  He would be our starter this year, no doubt.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This doesn't even make sense.  I'm not even arguing about Bo.  I'm more pointing out Burrow wasn't good.  That's the start of this conversation string is that Burrow as good in 2018.  57% 16/5 isn't "good", IMO.

If you think both Burrow and Bo were good in 2018 and 2019 respectively, then you we just disagree about seasons stats/success/good.  

If you're not arguing about Bo then how in the **** am I? That was my entire point, apparently we disagree on what's good but you never read from me that one guy season was good and the other wasn't but you certainly took that and ran with it like it was said. 

My point was nobody really regressed it was a steady incline because you work on the foundation and you build on it. I have no interest in arguing with you about the dumbest s***. Like I said if I say something like almost 60 and you feel you need to reply it's not 60 it's 57.6 just trust I will not gaf about your petty argument. So far you've argued about footwork with a QB isn't remedial, you want to pretend that he's accurate, you want him to be an elite athlete, heisman. Championship, nobody on the roster is close to him......I promise idgaf about how you feel worth Bo. If you can go that far with him you literally can argue about anything about any starting QB in college. You can argue troy's QB has the potential to win the heisman. Ok. I see it. I don't care. 🔮

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

you want him to be an elite athlete, heisman.

First off no one is seriously talking about him winning the heisman.  I'm sorry you don't understand an internet meme, seems everyone else did.

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That was my entire point, apparently we disagree on what's good

So, IYO Bo Nix has been good his first two season.  Glad we've cleared that up

32 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

First off no one is seriously talking about him winning the heisman.  I'm sorry you don't understand an internet meme, seems everyone else did.

So, IYO Bo Nix has been good his first two season.  Glad we've cleared that up

You still can't get it. His first year was meh we may have something his second year he regressed. If that hurt you oh well.

14 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't understand why people I don't know or haven't had any interaction want to go back and forth so...

Sorry, I thought it was the purpose of a forum. I will stay out of your discussions from now on as best I can.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I don't think Nix has been lacking the effort he has been putting in.  If I am tallying this correctly, Bo has won the most "Iron Men" weekly awards out of anyone on the team.  That has to count for something.

Counts for an intangible called leadership.

1 hour ago, autan said:

Would someone please stop this madness?

For the older guys and gals out there, you will remember this movie:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/4864bd0b-4551-45cf-89dc-f3c6fb63c206

substitute "Francis" for "Bo admirer".....kinda sums up this thread.

So can we compare TJ   to Sawyer Pate?   I think Sawyer is most likely gonna beat out all comers and probably start the thUGA game.   

Edited by Beaker

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

You still can't get it. His first year was meh we may have something his second year he regressed. If that hurt you oh well.

You just said his 1st year was ok, not bad.  Now it is "meh".  Alright.

His seasons were almost identical vs a Full SEC slate without 4 cupcake games.  YPA went up, Almost same total Yards, completion % went up.  TDs went down 3, Int up 1.  No dramatic swings.

About the same vs a much harder 10 game schedule is what you're looking for

Edited by W.E.D

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Sorry, I thought it was the purpose of a forum. I will stay out of your discussions from now on as best I can.

Nah you trying to use me for one of your jokes that's not the purpose. Or at least understand the entire story but I'm sure that's not an interest either.

28 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You just said his 1st year was ok, not bad.  Now it is "meh".  Alright.

His seasons were almost identical vs a Full SEC slate without 4 cupcake games.  YPA went up, Almost same total Yards, completion % went up.  TDs went down 3, Int up 1.  No dramatic swings.

About the same vs a much harder 10 game schedule is what you're looking for

Yeah meh and ok is the same thing. You need to try to correct yourself and leave me to me. As far as your other drivel......LMAO ok. You can't try to skew and make it whatever you want to be. He didn't do anything better from his first year because he didn't improve the most basic fundamentals. But ok. We're done. 

Oh and lol at the correct me for saying 60 with the 57.6 or whatever but you using the jump of 6.7 to 6.8 and the jump of 57 to 59 to make points of going up.....That's a honest, consistent guy right there!

Edited by cole256

42 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah meh and ok is the same thing. You need to try to correct yourself and leave me to me. As far as your other drivel......LMAO ok. You can't try to skew and make it whatever you want to be. He didn't do anything better from his first year because he didn't improve the most basic fundamentals. But ok. We're done. 

Oh and lol at the correct me for saying 60 with the 57.6 or whatever but you using the jump of 6.7 to 6.8 and the jump of 57 to 59 to make points of going up.....That's a honest, consistent guy right there!

Glad to know Bo is a 60% career passer!! 

40 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Can we please stop with the bickering back and forth

Idk, seems like @cole256and I are discussing Bo in a Bo vs TJ thread. Are we not allowed to do thst? 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Glad to know Bo is a 60% career passer!! 

*almost....don't just leave out words! They matter!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Idk, seems like @cole256and I are discussing Bo in a Bo vs TJ thread. Are we not allowed to do thst? 

Not when it get to be only argue about petty crap over and over same stuff. If you want to continue take it to PM's. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, au302 said:

Let's slow down a bit lol. Let's see if he can even win the job and then be an average SEC quarterback before throwing the ole Heisman potential on him. I just think saying he'll be a Cox/White level guy is crazy when he arguably has not even been that. Here's a question. Would y'all start Bo over Sean White or Stidham with this new staff? Be honest. I'll leave Cox out of it since he played before Gus

I would take Stidham and it's not even close. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

*almost....don't just leave out words! They matter!

Yes!!! 

Now let's stop posting so this thread just rolls off the board 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Yes!!! 

Now let's stop posting so this thread just rolls off the board 

Thaaaaaank you 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, cbo said:

I would take Stidham and it's not even close. 

I don’t know how anyone can pick Bo over JS. And it would be a toss up with SW. I definitely don’t think he throws better than either of them at the moment 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t know how anyone can pick Bo over JS. And it would be a toss up with SW. I definitely don’t think he throws better than either of them at the moment 

Completely agree. It is close with SW. I guess Bo has more upside. Or so we have been led to believe. But I'd probably go Sean right now. Liked the way he played the game. I'd kill right now to watch a QB hang in the pocket and throw some accurate passes. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, cbo said:

Completely agree. It is close with SW. I guess Bo has more upside. Or so we have been led to believe. But I'd probably go Sean right now. Liked the way he played the game. I'd kill right now to watch a QB hang in the pocket and throw some accurate passes. 

Except for the whole throwing and falling to the ground without being hit thing. That was so weird…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sean White in a Bobo/Harsin offense would have been a thing of beauty.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Except for the whole throwing and falling to the ground without being hit thing. That was so weird…

Man, I forgot about that but that does seem right. I remember Brandon Cox doing that. Guess playing QB in the SEC is tough after all.