BO and TJ

aubiefifty

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It was 57.8%.  Nix was 57.6%.  Bo had a 16/5 TD ratio too as a TrFR.  They literally had similar stats.  s*** on Bo for having bad stats and being in accurate, but at least have some consistency.  Joe Burrow wasn't good his RSJR season.  Same as Bo Nix not being good his TrFr season

He had a 1 Y/A difference.  It's not that massive.  

I guess you don't understand what I'm saying but ok

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I guess you don't understand what I'm saying but ok

lmao, gtfo with this condescending s*** 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Maybe you should look at his stats again.

I did and showed them to you 

Almost 60% completion rate 16/5 td ratio

It wasn't almost 60%.  it was virtually the same as Bo's as was his td/int ratio

I don't think that's bad.

Then you should think Bo wasn't that bad his Tr Freshman year (versus YEAR FOUR for Joe).  I disagree.  Both were bad.

He always showed he was pretty accurate though

57.6% is not accurate.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

lmao, gtfo with this condescending s*** 

I did and showed them to you 

It wasn't almost 60%.  it was virtually the same as Bo's as was his td/int ratio

Then you should think Bo wasn't that bad his Tr Freshman year (versus YEAR FOUR for Joe).  I disagree.  Both were bad.

57.6% is not accurate.

You almost understand. You drove right by it. Keep at it

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You almost understand. You drove right by it. Keep at it

No, I laid it out for you.  Burrow wasn't good in 18.  But Nix Wasn't good in 19.  They had near identical stat lines.  Burrow wasn't beasting down the field constantly with a measly 7.5 y/a.

But, you're blinded by Bo.  Burrow was elite in one year, so there's no way he could have had a season like Bo did...iyo.

Edited by W.E.D

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't feel like going into it. I'm good with just understanding I see stuff before other people or stuff they may not see period

We try to see!! Maybe one day we will catch up to your expertise.

• Haha 1

WarRapport having good convos on Bo tonight.  Lots of good points.

• Whom ever gets the mental game and makes the right decisions will be the starter
  • media days has no bearing. JF hasn't had a chance yet.
  • Bo's progress is a direct result of the coaching/development over his 1st two years.  Game plans/preparation/putting guys in right spots, etc. 
  • Transcendent talents can take s*** coaching/game plans and dominate.  Cam/Nick
  • Bo isn't that level of transcendent QB and couldn't over perform in a terrible system.  Not that guy.
  • Can still be successful
  • Like 1

I think Bo could be a Heisman level Qb with the right coaching and system.  One thing I haven’t seen Bo do successfully is will his team to a win.  He seems to make serious mistakes when pressed.  Until he puts this team on his shoulders and is the reason the team wins he’ll be a Sean White, Brandon Cox level qb.  

17 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I think Bo could be a Heisman level Qb with the right coaching and system.  One thing I haven’t seen Bo do successfully is will his team to a win.  He seems to make serious mistakes when pressed.  Until he puts this team on his shoulders and is the reason the team wins he’ll be a Sean White, Brandon Cox level qb.  

Brandon was 20-5 as a starter at Auburn. 2-0 against ua, 1-1 against uga and lsu. So, 4-2 against the big three. And 2-0 in bowl games against the Big 10.

Bo hasn't come near that. He is 2-4 against the big three, and 0-2 in bowl games against the Big 10. 

Being like Brian Cox would be a major improvement.

13 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Brandon was 20-5 as a starter at Auburn. 2-0 against ua, 1-1 against uga and lsu. So, 4-2 against the big three. And 2-0 in bowl games against the Big 10.

Bo hasn't come near that. He is 2-4 against the big three, and 0-2 in bowl games against the Big 10. 

If Bo Nix was playing Shula Alabama teams he probably would have looked different.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

If Bo Nix was playing Shula Alabama teams he probably would have looked different.

Hank, I totally have to give you that one!!

34 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

I agree, but Brandon didn't play against the big 3 when they were the big 3.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

Brandon started 3 years at Auburn, 05-07. 3-0 vs UAT, 1-2 vs UGA, 1-2 vs LSU. He was 2-1 in bowl games but only played 1 Big 10 team in Wisconsin and lost - 2005 Citrus (Nebraska was still Big 12 in 2006 as I recall). 

Absolutely agree about Cox though. I think despite his physical limitations and relative un-athleticism, Cox definitely proved to be a very good and dependable QB. Worst thing to happen to him was losing the big 3 WRs after 2005 (DA, BO, and AM). When you have to rely on solid but not dynamic WRs like Montez Billings, Robert Dunn, Prechae Rodriguez, and Rod Smith, you’re going to struggle a bit, especially when you’re a statue in the pocket. But Cox also had the benefit of a better OL in 2005 and 2006, and at least a comparable OL in 2007 with all the youth on it. I’d imagine he’d have some tough sledding in terms of the pass rush if he were starting in 2020 in place of Nix but then again, he’d have at least 2-3 athletic WRs that could give him some help in the passing game so maybe it evens out a little.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

We try to see!! Maybe one day we will catch up to your expertise.

I don't understand why people I don't know or haven't had any interaction want to go back and forth so...

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

No, I laid it out for you.  Burrow wasn't good in 18.  But Nix Wasn't good in 19.  They had near identical stat lines.  Burrow wasn't beasting down the field constantly with a measly 7.5 y/a.

But, you're blinded by Bo.  Burrow was elite in one year, so there's no way he could have had a season like Bo did...iyo.

I get so tired of you wanting to fight about Bo so much. Then when I show your dumb ass you'll just make something up. 

You are the person blinded by Bo. Idgaf how much you love him I'm not going to say he's good until he does something good. Nobody was even talking down on Bo and here you come with your cape. 

I don't think Bo first year was bad. I think it's an ok year. It's a game manager stat line. 

So where YOU may think that's bad that's your opinion but you can't force your opinion on me. But like I said some guys struggle at different thingsthings, some guys need the game to slow down and some guys need other stuff. When you watch Joe play you could see he could really throw the ball. When you watch Bo you could see he could do everything but throw the ball. If you want to pretend Bo and Joe are similar go ahead and do you. But they aren't.

I really don't care what your opinion is to be honest, I literally have nothing to prove, I just happen to be the guy who has been right and pointed out what Bo struggles with every step of the way. You don't have to believe anything I say. I'll still live. 

You literally just keep writing and want to argue about Bo. Read the freaking posts I pretty much said the exact thing you did but you quote me talking about at least have a little consistency....wtf are you even talking about? You don't even know. You want to argue over the dumbest s***. I say almost 60 you want to argue that it's 57....I don't care about your pointless dumb crap. My point is everybody gets better their second year, that's when you see guys improve, it's not like you see guys suck for 3 years then they ball in year 4.  I could care less if you can find one QB that defied the oddsand then try to pretend that means Bo will. I'm still going to talk about the other 97% rate of what usually happens.

Edited by cole256
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, lca408 said:

Brandon started 3 years at Auburn, 05-07. 3-0 vs UAT, 1-2 vs UGA, 1-2 vs LSU. He was 2-1 in bowl games but only played 1 Big 10 team in Wisconsin and lost - 2005 Citrus (Nebraska was still Big 12 in 2006 as I recall). 

Absolutely agree about Cox though. I think despite his physical limitations and relative un-athleticism, Cox definitely proved to be a very good and dependable QB. Worst thing to happen to him was losing the big 3 WRs after 2005 (DA, BO, and AM). When you have to rely on solid but not dynamic WRs like Montez Billings, Robert Dunn, Prechae Rodriguez, and Rod Smith, you’re going to struggle a bit, especially when you’re a statue in the pocket. But Cox also had the benefit of a better OL in 2005 and 2006, and at least a comparable OL in 2007 with all the youth on it. I’d imagine he’d have some tough sledding in terms of the pass rush if he were starting in 2020 in place of Nix but then again, he’d have at least 2-3 athletic WRs that could give him some help in the passing game so maybe it evens out a little.

There aren't too many that were more athletic than Billings

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Let's slow down a bit lol. Let's see if he can even win the job and then be an average SEC quarterback before throwing the ole Heisman potential on him. I just think saying he'll be a Cox/White level guy is crazy when he arguably has not even been that. Here's a question. Would y'all start Bo over Sean White or Stidham with this new staff? Be honest. I'll leave Cox out of it since he played before Gus

7 hours ago, lca408 said:

I totally forgot about 2007!  Thank you for the correction!

I don't think Nix has been lacking the effort he has been putting in.  If I am tallying this correctly, Bo has won the most "Iron Men" weekly awards out of anyone on the team.  That has to count for something.

7 hours ago, au302 said:

Let's slow down a bit lol. Let's see if he can even win the job and then be an average SEC quarterback before throwing the ole Heisman potential on him. I just think saying he'll be a Cox/White level guy is crazy when he arguably has not even been that. Here's a question. Would y'all start Bo over Sean White or Stidham with this new staff? Be honest. I'll leave Cox out of it since he played before Gus

Absolutely not.  Im not too impressed with TJ either but I havent watched much film on him besides our game and LSU vs USCe.

There are athletes across the board who has the potential to be the best at their position. But in the words of Bill Parcell “potential just means you haven’t done anything yet.”

8 hours ago, au302 said:

Would y'all start Bo over Sean White or Stidham with this new staff? Be honest. I'll leave Cox out of it since he played before Gus

Certainly would. How easily we forget the many key 1st downs Bo made, the TD plays and so forth. Last year the team was a shambles with all the injuries on the O-line and disruptions on the coaching staff.

Two years ago, Bo Nix was voted the SEC Freshman of the Year. That didn't happen by accident.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Certainly would. How easily we forget the many key 1st downs Bo made, the TD plays and so forth. Last year the team was a shambles with all the injuries on the O-line and disruptions on the coaching staff.

Two years ago, Bo Nix was voted the SEC Freshman of the Year. That didn't happen by accident.

Fair points. But I can argue that it's also easy to forget that Sean White saved the program from another 2012 like collapse in '15 and '16 after JJ busted so bad. At the minimum, he saved Gus's job by getting us through those years and keeping us respectable. Stidham was frustrating and got and deserved a lot of criticism by a lot of folks (myself included), yet he led us to the SEC Championship and probably a playoff if not for Gus's LSU meltdown and KJ going down. 

For Bo the big accomplishment so far is that he gutted out that Oregon game for us. That was huge. But a real argument can be made that we win 10+ in 2019 with that D we had if we get average QB play at times. I won't even go into last year. 

White and Stidham got a lot of criticism and most people were ready to throw them out like yesterdays trash. I've realized the last two years that it really wasn't all that bad with them. Bo gets a lot of criticism too, maybe some unwarranted, but it's also fascinating how much blind defense he gets. I think he's just one of those players that people gravitate towards which is cool, we all got guys we like. I really hope he succeeds for his and Auburn's sake, but I think we should all step and slow down a bit with some of this unrealistic talk before he's even officially been named starter, no matter how likely it may seem that he will be

I think Stidham could have produced some seriously good results with better coaching and scheming. On the cusp in 2017, mentally kind of checked out 2018 because of said coaching/scheming (or lack thereof)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

I get so tired of you wanting to fight about Bo so much. Then when I show your dumb ass you'll just make something up. 

You are the person blinded by Bo. Idgaf how much you love him I'm not going to say he's good until he does something good. Nobody was even talking down on Bo and here you come with your cape. 

I don't think Bo first year was bad. I think it's an ok year. It's a game manager stat line. 

So where YOU may think that's bad that's your opinion but you can't force your opinion on me. But like I said some guys struggle at different thingsthings, some guys need the game to slow down and some guys need other stuff. When you watch Joe play you could see he could really throw the ball. When you watch Bo you could see he could do everything but throw the ball. If you want to pretend Bo and Joe are similar go ahead and do you. But they aren't.

I really don't care what your opinion is to be honest, I literally have nothing to prove, I just happen to be the guy who has been right and pointed out what Bo struggles with every step of the way. You don't have to believe anything I say. I'll still live. 

You literally just keep writing and want to argue about Bo. Read the freaking posts I pretty much said the exact thing you did but you quote me talking about at least have a little consistency....wtf are you even talking about? You don't even know. You want to argue over the dumbest s***. I say almost 60 you want to argue that it's 57....I don't care about your pointless dumb crap. My point is everybody gets better their second year, that's when you see guys improve, it's not like you see guys suck for 3 years then they ball in year 4.  I could care less if you can find one QB that defied the oddsand then try to pretend that means Bo will. I'm still going to talk about the other 97% rate of what usually happens.

This doesn't even make sense.  I'm not even arguing about Bo.  I'm more pointing out Burrow wasn't good.  That's the start of this conversation string is that Burrow as good in 2018.  57% 16/5 isn't "good", IMO.

If you think both Burrow and Bo were good in 2018 and 2019 respectively, then you we just disagree about seasons stats/success/good.  

Edited by W.E.D