BO and TJ

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Sean White in a Bobo/Harsin offense would have been a thing of beauty.

He'd have had to lose the baggage before he ever saw the field.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

He'd have had to lose the baggage before he ever saw the field.

Maybe a no-nonsense coach could have helped there. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Should Bo Nix be on this list?

Number 11

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

That list is awful. Stidham in front of Cox? Isn't Cox the winningest QB in school history? Marshall in front of Campbell?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I know it's only one spot but I'm taking Reggie Slack over Stidham every time. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 5

If you projected how Stidham would play in a more honest passing offense, or with a cleaner offense, I could see how you’d put him where he is. You could argue that he’d be higher than some of the names ahead of him, but some of those cats won too many big games or were too impactful 

When you’re comparing guys across eras, you have to have a lil bit of subjectivity IMO. I’d imagine that account blended proven production + what they played with + offensive eras + potential 

On 7/16/2021 at 12:04 PM, W.E.D said:

These lists are very subjective, and the point is to get people talking.  For example, no doubt Cam had the best QB season in AU history, but some of the guys on this list were 4 year starters.  Is Cam’s one year better than Campbell’s 4 years? And, I agree with Slack over Stidham.  Maybe even Cox over Stidham.  Cox was a scrappy, tough, dude, a very likeable quality!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

These lists are very subjective, and the point is to get people talking.  For example, no doubt Cam had the best QB season in AU history, but some of the guys on this list were 4 year starters.  Is Cam’s one year better than Campbell’s 4 years? And, I agree with Slack over Stidham.  Maybe even Cox over Stidham.  Cox was a scrappy, tough, dude, a very likeable quality!

Yes because cam won a National Championship and Heisman. That sets him over the top. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Yes because cam won a National Championship and Heisman. That sets him over the top. 

And b/c he's literally better than anyone else.

• Haha 1

Stidham got drafted and is still in the league. He's better than the guys below him on that list. But if the list is about what those guys contributed to Auburn, I'd put Cox higher. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 12:04 PM, W.E.D said:

kind of hard to put campbell that low on the list when he lead us to an undefeated season. just my personal opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

kind of hard to put campbell that low on the list when he lead us to an undefeated season. just my personal opinion.

I don't know if it is really that low.  I'd say Nick was probably more of an electric player than JC and probably a little more dominant.

• Like 1

It's obviously subjective but I think that list is pretty good. I think the argument that Stidham should be bumped down is valid if we're going off AU accomplishments. That being said, we need to give some respect to Jarrett. I say that as someone who he drove crazy at times and was not always a huge fan. He is a good quarterback and helped lead us to a great season in 2017 while being in an offense that he was a horrendous fit in. His AU career was far from bad

22 hours ago, DAG said:

Agree, and this list ONLY says "TOP 10 QBs". Doesn't refer to their stats or their years at AU.

Cam gets bc we won a NC, and he was above everyone else the best QB that year, and if he had had more years, maybe even better.

And no Bo hasn't earned a spot yet. He can be if he has a very good JR year, and wins another big game or two.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, W.E.D said:

My ranking:

1. Newton

2. Sullivan

3. Campbell

4. Craig

5. Marshall

6. Cox

7. Slack

8. White

9. P. Nix

10. Stidham

11. Leard

Don't know how far down the list past #11 Bo Nix is...I'm not too familiar with QBs before Randy Campbell.

• Like 1

Nix will end up a top 10 QB statistically, just by virtue of being a (likely) 4 year starter. Not sure where I would rank him on a list like this though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Nix will end up a top 10 QB statistically, just by virtue of being a (likely) 4 year starter. Not sure where I would rank him on a list like this though. 

Agreed. I could see him moving way, way up this season alone, particularly in terms of total offense. He's going to get a bunch of rushing yards even if it's not a called run (again). And that's not a shot at tendencies that have been discussed. More just about his escapability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Well if the people that say that can't make cam number 1'because of one year then by that logic nix will be on the top of the list

• Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well if the people that say that can't make cam number 1'because of one year then by that logic nix will be on the top of the list

You have to be an absolute moron to downvote this, it's not a diss

Edited by cole256

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

There's not much that Bo could do during the next two years - four years cumulatively - that could surpass what Cam did in his single season. Maybe if Bo has a couple back to back All-SEC years, someone could try and make an argument, but Cam's SEC and National Championship rings are trump cards, and that's not even mentioning his Heisman. 

7 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

There's not much that Bo could do during the next two years - four years cumulatively - that could surpass what Cam did in his single season. Maybe if Bo has a couple back to back All-SEC years, someone could try and make an argument, but Cam's SEC and National Championship rings are trump cards, and that's not even mentioning his Heisman. 

He would have to win a NC to even be considered 

• Like 1