What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

39 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus hired a firm to come in and look for bugs and hidden camera's around the complex and practice field before the 2019 Iron Bowl. He was convinced that bama had it bugged and was watching him. Stuff like this was happening all the time. Wasn't that teams could just watch film of the games and stop him. They were spying on him. 

Who paid for that! Hell if I was AG I'd be making cuts too of this was coming out of the school budget......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

JLee is pissed. 

Couldn't happen to a better ass.

That redneck jerk is a pill.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Bro.....

Other than just how damn weird it is, it goes back to what many of us said. The dude just refused to take blame for his offense not working and refused to try to learn something different. He really thought he figured it all out himself in high school. The problems were *always* someone else's fault. Like a 5* WR not blocking. Unbelievable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I damn sure did say this and it is 100% true. You can call me by name. Don't be scared. Just listen to the RunDown and you can listen to the butthurt there. JLee is pissed. 

Scared of what? As far as not naming you, that's a common courtesy.

Glad to see you confirm that, in your opinion, the new staff has pissed off one segment of the press corps. Reminds me of how PO'd a few posters here were when Gus cut off their "insider" sources. Some still carry the bitterness with them today and the hatred can be seen in their posts.

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus hired a firm to come in and look for bugs and hidden camera's around the complex and practice field before the 2019 Iron Bowl. He was convinced that bama had it bugged and was watching him. Stuff like this was happening all the time. Wasn't that teams could just watch film of the games and stop him. They were spying on him. 

It must have worked, we scored 48 points on them and won the game.

• Haha 2

Here’s a word for you @augolf1716since we were discussing vocabulary previously. It seems to apply and is appropriate at this juncture: “specious”

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Glad to see you confirm that, in your opinion, the new staff has pissed off one segment of the press corps. Reminds me of how PO'd a few posters here were when Gus cut off their "insider" sources. Some still carry the bitterness with them today and the hatred can be seen in their posts.

I agree 1000% I just listen to the Auburn run down and the stuff that they were spewing out their mouth is unacceptable, they sounded like spoiled little kids who are mad because they don't know every little detail about what this coaching staff is doing, they are hurting Auburn football as a whole with the diatribe that's coming from them, it sounded as though J G Tate is back tracking on Allen Greene, I feel as though he is the target behind this mess because Allen is operating from a cave and not holding press meeting to inform them of what's going on and they don't like it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Reminds me of how PO'd a few posters here were when Gus cut off their "insider" sources.

Im sorry, I do not remember any of our "insiders" being upset for that reason. Would you mind refreshing our memories on which "insiders" exactly got upset over that? Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Im sorry, I do not remember any of our "insiders" being upset for that reason. Would you mind refreshing our memories on which "insiders" exactly got upset over that? Thanks.

You clearly have forgotten how Gus was outthinking everybody. He was thinking on such a high level nobody could even understand what the f***  he was thinking regarding recruiting, game planning, etc. Of course, he did make off with $29 million for seven years of Dollar General coaching so maybe he’s more clever than we give him credit for. Oh, and it’s almost time to cue the post about how we’re obsessed and should just support the current coach, lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/20/2021 at 9:58 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Steele isn't the bad guy that he is portrayed to be. He was asked to do a job and he did it with class and integrity.

Really pleased to hear this about KS. This fits more about the man I thought he was. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No wonder LSU figured out how to stop a team that runs it 19 straight times on first down.  Those freaking cameras. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

45 minutes ago, fredst said:

You clearly have forgotten how Gus was outthinking everybody. He was thinking on such a high level nobody could even understand what the f***  he was thinking regarding recruiting, game planning, etc. Of course, he did make off with $29 million for seven years of Dollar General coaching so maybe he’s more clever than we give him credit for. Oh, and it’s almost time to cue the post about how we’re obsessed and should just support the current coach, lol

I told you the Gus sure stay in your head post

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I literally have no recollection ever reading anybody say anything like that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus hired a firm to come in and look for bugs and hidden camera's around the complex and practice field before the 2019 Iron Bowl.

Does anybody have a phone # for a firm like this?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

we need a wow emoji................

18 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Ask Hugh Freeze, he's got plenty of #s

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Coup or not, fans didn't want Steele. I'm glad we have Harsin.

Steele would have been the JABAest JABA that ever JABAed.

Harsin is the AntiJABA.

No matter where we go from here, that will always be ADAG's legacy in my mind.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I had a professor at Auburn that had his own private investigating business on the side. He probably didn't have to look too far oddly enough.

What a strange man Gus is. 

Edited by AuburnEagle79

14 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I had a professor at Auburn that had his own private investigating business on the side. He probably didn't have too look to far oddly enough.

What a strange man Gus is. 

The ultimate dichotomy. The same man that put together the 2013 offense which may be the greatest offense in the history of AU is also the man that gave us the whirly bird, played 5 QBs in a game, and ran a dive play on first down 15 drives in a row. He was truly his own worst enemy. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Lol. Who did Gus cut off? Info flowed out that place as much as it did under the other coaches. Makes Gus going thru so many steps to lock the place down so funny. 

Did you bleach your hair like your hero did? 

• Haha 1