What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

3 hours ago, eaglenest said:

I agree 1000% I just listen to the Auburn run down and the stuff that they were spewing out their mouth is unacceptable, they sounded like spoiled little kids who are mad because they don't know every little detail about what this coaching staff is doing, they are hurting Auburn football as a whole with the diatribe that's coming from them, it sounded as though J G Tate is back tracking on Allen Greene, I feel as though he is the target behind this mess because Allen is operating from a cave and not holding press meeting to inform them of what's going on and they don't like it. 

Go read the bunker. The last 30 minutes, reading the bunker, have been very entertaining stuff. They were "kidding". What a crap show. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Other than just how damn weird it is, it goes back to what many of us said. The dude just refused to take blame for his offense not working and refused to try to learn something different. He really thought he figured it all out himself in high school. The problems were *always* someone else's fault. Like a 5* WR not blocking. Unbelievable.

Speaking of, I gotta hire a firm to come in my house and figure out who is bugging my house and making me fat.

• Haha 2

Wait a minute ..so the media are people too with their own agenda to ruin people ? Never would’ve thought of that ..

18 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Lol. Who did Gus cut off? Info flowed out that place as much as it did under the other coaches. Makes Gus going thru so many steps to lock the place down so funny. 

Did you bleach your hair like your hero did? 

The info flowed, but it flowed through different people, much to the dismay of the previous chose few.

I don't know what you're talking about with the bleach thing. I don't have enough hair left to bleach anyway.

Do you still have your dart board with Gus's picture on it up, or have you taken it down now that he's gone? I suppose it was getting quite worn after eight years of throwing things at it.

18 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Do you really need one? I do. 

Why are we not surprised?

23 hours ago, Mikey said:

the new staff has pissed off one segment of the press corps.

LMAO.

No one gives a s*** about Jay Tate and PAM.  These guys do nearly nothing for Auburn except provide a service for a very small portion of the fanbase.  Harsin is doing media with bigger entities that will broadcast his message.  Rivals and 247 don't matter

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The info flowed, but it flowed through different people, much to the dismay of the previous chose few.

I don't know what you're talking about with the bleach thing. I don't have enough hair left to bleach anyway.

Do you still have your dart board with Gus's picture on it up, or have you taken it down now that he's gone? I suppose it was getting quite worn after eight years of throwing things at it.

Why are we not surprised?

I have a picture of Gus in my toilet. Haven't "missed" the toilet in 6 years. Wife loves it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

LMAO.

No one gives a s*** about Jay Tate and PAM.  These guys do nearly nothing for Auburn except provide a service for a very small portion of the fanbase.  Harsin is doing media with bigger entities that will broadcast his message.  Rivals and 247 don't matter

You should explain that to the posters who are using Harsin's relationship with those sites as an excuse for the poor recruiting rankings.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You should explain that to the posters who are using Harsin's relationship with those sites as an excuse for the poor recruiting rankings.

Please quote or tag someone who has made this argument

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You constantly read/post in the recruiting forum. You've already seen it there, so go re-read if that's what you want to do.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

On 7/21/2021 at 8:11 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus hired a firm to come in and look for bugs and hidden camera's around the complex and practice field before the 2019 Iron Bowl. He was convinced that bama had it bugged and was watching him. Stuff like this was happening all the time. Wasn't that teams could just watch film of the games and stop him. They were spying on him. 

Half of me thinks that’s insane and half of me thinks that’s a pretty enviable level of power and lack of self awareness 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

LMAO.

I can't express in words how done I was when he did the face reactions.....it was like everything about us was a joke😂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bigbird said:

Im sorry, I do not remember any of our "insiders" being upset for that reason. Would you mind refreshing our memories on which "insiders" exactly got upset over that? Thanks.

So, @Mikey you've seen and reacted to the question. Do you have any plans on answering it or do you prefer not being questioned about your seemingly made up allegations? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Would you mind sharing who was now able to provide info and who was relegated?

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

i have seen the we are in the seventysomething percent and saying they were afraid harsin could not get it done in recruiting. mikey is right about that part of it.

Maybe I'm not listening to the Rundown in-depth enough.  I enjoy the show.  All I've really heard them say is they haven't had the personal interactions with Harsin like they have with other coaches in the past.  I'm sure it'll come.  I also enjoy Jay's post game shows and even started listening to his show during some of the games.  I think their criticism of recruiting and lack of excitement surrounding recruiting aren't out of line.  Maybe I missed something on their discussion of the Greene situation but it sounded like they echoed a lot of what has been said here that Greene is tight with the money, its rubbed people the wrong way, and Auburn is waiting for Greene to find a new landing spot instead of giving him the boot.  Different strokes different folks and what not. 

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Maybe I'm not listening to the Rundown in-depth enough.  I enjoy the show.  All I've really heard them say is they haven't had the personal interactions with Harsin like they have with other coaches in the past.  I'm sure it'll come.  I also enjoy Jay's post game shows and even started listening to his show during some of the games.  I think their criticism of recruiting and lack of excitement surrounding recruiting aren't out of line.  Maybe I missed something on their discussion of the Greene situation but it sounded like they echoed a lot of what has been said here that Greene is tight with the money, its rubbed people the wrong way, and Auburn is waiting for Greene to find a new landing spot instead of giving him the boot.  Different strokes different folks and what not. 

Is it safe to assume that some higher ups have told Greene to look for a new landing spot? If not, then if he is happy, then he's in no hurry to leave, at this nice salary he is getting.

35 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have seen the we are in the seventysomething percent and saying they were afraid harsin could not get it done in recruiting. mikey is right about that part of it.

That's not what he said though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

You constantly read/post in the recruiting forum. You've already seen it there, so go re-read if that's what you want to do.

I probably read every post, I've never seen anyone say we're recruiting poorly b/c Harsin isn't nice to Auburn Sports or 247.

If they are so available, please post

Edited by W.E.D

57 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

That has nothing to do with Harsin not being super nice to Tate and PAM

• Like 1

The funny thing about forums is when there's a question as far as what was said, if a person really want to prove their point you can just go back and find the post and say here it is. That's why I like forums personally, I don't know how everybody else feels.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 11:05 AM, bigbird said:

Im sorry, I do not remember any of our "insiders" being upset for that reason. Would you mind refreshing our memories on which "insiders" exactly got upset over that? Thanks.

Bringing up Gus once again I see as well too . Talk about someone who can’t let it go. 

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2021 at 2:11 PM, aub4life said:

See references to the bunker all the time.  Never been there.  Is it a paid subscription site?

Yes. It is the most active and passionate Auburn message board.