What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

25 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I surmise they're hanging with AG until he finds a landing spot. On record he leaves for another hob and it is what it is. Nobody has egg on their face that way.

Optics will play a part

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DAG said:

Well we have had folks say AG did not want to fire Gus and we just had WDE say he wanted Gus to get fired. Also there were people saying that he was just going to let CKS get hired when WDE when CKS was never even an option. 

Can we just put the Steele getting the AU job stuff to bed. I can tell you with 99.999999999999% certain he was never a legit option to get the job. Nothing is ever 100% in life but my 99.99999999999999999% is as close as it can come. Greene wanted Gus gone. But Greene didn't have the power to fire him. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, cole256 said:

See that's funny to me. So it startedbeing said that ag wanted to keep Gus...everybody started liking it and it's true, then imo one of our most consistent insiders says Greene wanted Gus gone but didn't have the authority and everybody is going to pretend that the other stuff wasn't being said.

One thing I'm sure of nobody really knows the entire story so if you double down and say something like this wasn't about this or that and it's all on him......That's not smart. 

And as usual early when something is going on I don't care if you are an insider or whatever you should think twice before you just tell everybody they don't know what they are talking about

Might just be me but this makes little sense. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I only left Harsin out because he hasn’t really been here long enough to have anything to gripe about.  Also he’s getting a brand new facility which the ex coach helped pay for.  Hope Gus got to at least claim it on his taxes.

Ex-coach helped pay for? Gus didn't give AU the money he promised. At least I was told he didn't. And Gus damn sure didn't help raise any of the funds.  Like Greene or not but Greene was raising that money and doing a pretty good job at it. 

As far as Harsin just getting here and has nothing to gripe about. Might want to ask around. You might find a different answer here. Those funds that Bruce and Butch were upset about also hit the football program. Just getting here has nothing to do with anything now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Might just be me but this makes little sense. 

It's you. Every major situation that happens there's everybody is going to want to know. Every time there is a group of people telling everybody else they don't know what they are talking about. Every time not only the people that didn't know what they were talking about wrong but the people that thought they knew were wrong a bit too. Every time no matter what you have to wait a bit to find out what's going on and even then it's not a 100%

And you can always elaborate on what specifically makes little sense and maybe we can get an understanding or not.....

Edited by cole256

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's you. Every major situation that happens there's everybody is going to want to know. Every time there is a group of people telling everybody else they don't know what they are talking about. Every time not only the people that didn't know what they were talking about wrong but the people that thought they knew were wrong a bit too. Every time no matter what you have to wait a bit to find out what's going on and even then it's not a 100%

And you can always elaborate on what specifically makes little sense and maybe we can get an understanding or not.....

I agree with this. All this about Greene, Bruce and the cash really caught me off-guard. I had no idea it was that bad. Start asking and then find out. I'll be honest, I though everything was going pretty good. 

I did know that Harsin was a little upset about the funds. Bruce and the others? Had really no idea till all this started to trickle out. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I agree with this. All this about Greene, Bruce and the cash really caught me off-guard. I had no idea it was that bad. Start asking and then find out. I'll be honest, I though everything was going pretty good. 

I did know that Harsin was a little upset about the funds. Bruce and the others? Had really no idea till all this started to trickle out. 

I certainly understand. That's why I stated that I feel you are the most consistent and informed poster. Also I haven't ever seen you sort of be an ass to people even though you are in the know, it's actually why I respect you so much. 

My other post was only saying that the other people in the know could be more like you and not do all the you don't know, we know and don't question us and don't talk back type of posts. 

I'm not attacking you or anything. Hell sometimes I ask you questions and you've always replied back and I know you don't have to, I'd be a real douche to come ask you things and then talk crap to you. 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Like Greene or not but Greene was raising that money and doing a pretty good job at it. 

Thanks for giving us fair and balanced info . The good and the bad. I would subscribe to you if I could 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I don't know everything. But I am a very honored guy to know some of the people I do. So I get info on quite a bit. The stuff I do know to be very correct, I'll put here. Like the Steele coaching stuff. The Bill Clark turned AU down stuff. Lot of the Gus stuff. You get bit and pieces from several people and you can put the puzzle together.

I'm no where as plugged in as I was 6 to 10 years ago. Gus took a toll on a lot of the people I know and they are pretty much done now. Hope to get some of these guys back. People had no idea how bad it was and got. Thank God for Steele and his bunch. Steele isn't the bad guy that he is portrayed to be. He was asked to do a job and he did it with class and integrity. Not so much on the other side. 

I certainly understand, after one of the recruiting fiasco's I tried to explain how with how our very fluid coaching relationships and recruiting cycles people should be open minded to welcoming new people because it can go from one year to the next.....to be honest you're the only consistent imo,

I'm certainly not arguing with you unless I'm talking to the subject directly myself and even then I'm probably going to communicate through PM's first 😂 but yeah man I not only appreciate what you do but the demeanor in how you do it. Alot of people let stuff go to their head and they aren't half as good as you. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Thanks for giving us fair and balanced info . The good and the bad. I would subscribe to you if I could 

I know right? I wanted to know the real and that's the stamp of approval lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He was asked to do a job and he did it with class and integrity. Not so much on the other side. 

Super intriguing after he was vilified 

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I can't speak to everything, but I always felt like the whole "Steele was leading a coup against Gus" thing was way overblown by fans. It was certainly seized on and amplified by opportunistic Gus apologists.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I can't speak to everything, but I always felt like the whole "Steele was leading a coup against Gus" thing was way overblown by fans. It was certainly seized on and amplified by opportunistic Gus apologists.

The whole coaching search was a soap opera.  Between people making up scenarios in their head and talking heads seizing the rumors to pump up their listeners and clicks,  the drama gets overwhelming.  I can't imagine being Allen Greene or anyone else involved having to listen to all these rampant rumors that don't hit anywhere near home.  That made me pump the breaks when I first heard about this.  I wasn't sure if this was a real thing or just another rumor that had taken off.  Sounds legit now but we'll see.  A lot of "insiders" were the ones fanning the flames the last time.  Not saying thats happening here btw.  

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I literally read stuff at first and I'll post my initial questions that doesn't make sense to me, and I'll let time pass and literally watch stuff come together piece by piece and watch most of the first stuff get proven to be inaccurate. 

And it's usually not complete bullcrap it's usually a little truth and a little not. Just have to wait for stuff to get clear.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Just have to wait for stuff to get clear.

Amen!!!

5 hours ago, DAG said:

The way it’s told to me was Steele was asked to put a list together of what he’d need if Gus was fired during the season back in 19 I believe.   By folks who paid him. He did. All of the back stabbing stuff is false. This thing was spiraling out of control. But nothing happened because of the lack of leadership from the top. With Gus. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The way it’s told to me was Steele was asked to put a list together of what he’d need if Gus was fired during the season back in 19 I believe.   By folks who paid him. He did. All of the back stabbing stuff is false. This thing was spiraling out of control. But nothing happened because of the lack of leadership from the top. With Gus. 

Maybe you can’t say but did this lead to the interaction between coaches where it was claimed Gus told a coach you need to resign and thus coach responded with fire me?

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Steele wanted the job. But the whole coup thing was silly really. Only reason Gus wasn’t just run out of town like the POS he is was because of Steele’s defense. 

• Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Maybe you can’t say but did this lead to the interaction between coaches where it was claimed Gus told a coach you need to resign and thus coach responded with fire me?

Only thing I know that happened like this was Chip and Gus.  But Chip was ready to resign mid season and Gus talked him out of it. 

Gus wasn’t one for confrontations and would walk away from any kind of those problems. Just ignore and hope they go away. 

• Like 2

Say one thing about Steele and staff that isn’t all great. IMO they did pretty much just cruise and give up last year. Ride the ride and collect the cash. Some could have read it as a coup attempt. Steele just wasn’t that type of guy to do that to anyone. But their effort last year had quit all over it. 

Edited by WarDamnEagleWDE
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Say one thing about Steele and staff that isn’t all great. IMO they did pretty much just cruise and give up last year. Ride the ride and collect the cash. Some could have read it as a coup attempt. Steele just wasn’t that type of guy to do that to anyone. But their effort last year had quit all over it. 

I told my dad several times over the course of the season that there were too many vibes coming from the program that it was a "throwaway year" and I know several posters here voiced the same concern as well.

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I told my dad several times over the course of the season that there were too many vibes coming from the program that it was a "throwaway year" and I know several posters here voiced the same concern as well.

Yep and that is a direct reflection of weak leadership. So hopefully we get to the point where that changes on the football field and administration 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

After the Georgia game it felt like a lot of air left the sails for sure.  The following weeks against Arkansas, Ole Miss, and USCe didn’t inspire confidence either.  Worst thing that probably happened all year was following up the LSU beat down with two weeks off.