What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

Just now, bigbird said:

For me, it not him personally. It's his unbelievably bad takes. If another said or claimed the same things, I'd call them on it too.  False and wildly inaccurate claims should be called out no matter who is saying them.

No I agree with you but the guy just a sucky poster in general. Guy literally makes his own rules, then whines when you apply the same standards on him that he does on others. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

No I agree with you but the guy just a sucky poster in general. Guy literally makes his own rules, then whines when you apply the same standards on him that he does on others. 

Again, not wrong.

23 hours ago, bigbird said:

When presented these post, you begin talking about vaccines and linking threads from 3 years ago that reinforce your bill Taylor is an OL stance and is otherwise absolutely inapplicable to the current conversation.  In what world does that make sense to anyone?  Why won't you answer?  Just. Weird.

The post from the past proves that 1 ), You refuse to man up and admit when you are wrong and 2 ) Your statement that I never back claims up with facts is false.

That post is a perfect example of why I will never again let you send me on any more chases for cites.  This isn't the only case, but it's a perfect example of your tactics.

Ask your tag team buddy about how the vaccines are related, he's the one who initiated the back & forth between threads.

Edited by Mikey
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The post from the past proves that 1 ), You refuse to man up and admit when you are wrong and 2 ) Your statement that I never back claims up with facts is false.

That post is a perfect example of why I will never again let you send me on any more chases for cites.  This isn't the only case, but it's a perfect example of your tactics.

Okay, I'm not sure what all has been going on in this thread, but I understand this part. Mikey, you are the one who doesn't. That thread you're talking about that popped up? Yeah, I saw it too. And it reminded me exactly how asinine your arguments are. You STILL don't realize that YOU MADE THE POINT FOR HIM. Okay, so he exaggerated a little bit when saying 1-2 OL per year. You jumped on him with the technicality that it was actually 3 per year, completely missing the point that 3 PER YEAR IS NOT ENOUGH!!!

See, this is your problem. You consistently miss the forest because there are too many trees in the way. You latch onto something and die on the same hill over and over, blithely believing yourself to be right even in the face of overwhelming evidence and logic to the contrary. You've set yourself in this impermeable position of righteousness, and seem to take the rest of the board ignoring you as evidence that you've won over certain members with your arguments. I hate to break it to you, brother, but that just ain't what's going on.

• Like 3

On 7/24/2021 at 10:45 AM, DAG said:

Not going to feed him anymore 

Take it one step further for me, Ican't even reply to him because I'm not allowed to argue.....it's nice to see stuff come to light, but when I tried to explain the stuff you already know what I got......locked thread if you take anymore you'll be kicked off. I'm glad you were able to say the stuff you said. I literally have to live through you

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Take it one step further for me, Ican't even reply to him because I'm not allowed to argue.....it's nice to see stuff come to light, but when I tried to explain the stuff you already know what I got......locked thread if you take anymore you'll be kicked off. I'm glad you were able to say the stuff you said. I literally have to live through you

Look on the bright side. You know that you are going to get at least one reaction to every post that you make, lol

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Look on the bright side. You know that you are going to get at least one reaction to every post that you make, lol

I have fun with it. What really tripsme out is when people out the blue that I have no interaction with some and pop up on like 3 posts......you just think bro you are way too old to make burner accounts 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Okay, I'm not sure what all has been going on in this thread, but I understand this part. Mikey, you are the one who doesn't. That thread you're talking about that popped up? Yeah, I saw it too. And it reminded me exactly how asinine your arguments are. You STILL don't realize that YOU MADE THE POINT FOR HIM. Okay, so he exaggerated a little bit when saying 1-2 OL per year. You jumped on him with the technicality that it was actually 3 per year, completely missing the point that 3 PER YEAR IS NOT ENOUGH!!!

See, this is your problem. You consistently miss the forest because there are too many trees in the way. You latch onto something and die on the same hill over and over, blithely believing yourself to be right even in the face of overwhelming evidence and logic to the contrary. You've set yourself in this impermeable position of righteousness, and seem to take the rest of the board ignoring you as evidence that you've won over certain members with your arguments. I hate to break it to you, brother, but that just ain't what's going on.

I can' t believe you're trying to mediate this guy and reform him. lol.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I can' t believe you're trying to mediate this guy and reform him. lol.

Maybe it should be medicate and restrain

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Maybe it should be medicate and restrain

b8679bfb7967b316174585e73104bf79.png

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You ever put anyone in a straight jacket????? I have once thank goodness 

It took a while but I got out

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

It took a while but I got out

I have dreams it was you but no afraid it was a suicidal female back when I worked the crisis line and had to go out on a call where she had called from.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

I have dreams it was you but no afraid it was a suicidal female back when I worked the crisis line and had to go out on a call where she had called from.

So you're saying you dream about me. That's what I got out of that story.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Ugh. Mental illness is such a tragic thing….Terrible personal reminder for me recently 

Edited by fredst
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

So you're saying you dream about me. That's what I got out of that story.

Mostly nightmares but you never never know

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Ugh. Mental illness is such a tragic thing….Terrible personal reminder for me recently 

Don't want to be a downer but it was rough. I still remember everything even though it has been 47 years ago.

Keep those positive waves coming

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Rednilla said:

You are spouting absolute nonsense. He willfully exaggerated something in an attempt to prove a weak point and you say I proved his point for him by calling him out? Have another drink.

As to the rest, your opinions are funny, in a pathetic sort of way.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

You are spouting absolute nonsense. He willfully exaggerated something in an attempt to prove a weak point and you say I proved his point for him by calling him out? Have another drink.

Dude stop 🛑 nobody cares and you keep trying to prove a point that doesn't matter. Let it go and move on or leave one or the other man. 🤷 

Edited by autiger88
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Dude stop 🛑 nobody cares and you keep trying to prove a point that doesn't matter. Let it go and move on or leave one or the other man. 🤷 

It would help if a lot of people would quit responding to try to prove their point. Obviously after a couple of back and forth posts, neither is going to change the other's mind. Of course both sides could walk away but they both actually enjoy it too much. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It would help if a lot of people would quit responding to try to prove their point. Obviously after a couple of back and forth posts, neither is going to change the other's mind. Of course both sides could walk away but they both actually enjoy it too much. 

.....🤷 Idk man just tired of every other post being an argument it is getting old.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

.....🤷 Idk man just tired of every other post being an argument it is getting old.

Agree for sure. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Obviously after a couple of back and forth posts, neither is going to change the other's mind. Of course both sides could walk away but they both actually enjoy it too much. 

See COVID thread!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, toddc said:

See COVID thread!

Oh, I have.. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yes, you made his point for him by "calling him out," because his point was that Gus had underrecruited the offensive line. You came bursting in like, "Well, actually, Gus averaged a whopping THREE offensive line recruits per year," not realizing that when you have 5 offensive line positions, recruiting only 3 at a time is fallacious. I'm sorry that you cannot comprehend this simple concept, but it's the truth.

As to the second paragraph, I find it incredibly amusing that you would suggest anyone is pathetic in any sort of way. Do you own a mirror?