Hudson sliding down the depth chart?

aubiefifty

Auburn’s fall camp has been a disaster so far. First, guys dropped a couple of passes on the first day. Now our HC is recklessly passing out caps to reporters. How much can we be expected to endure?

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Auburn’s fall camp has been a disaster so far. First, guys dropped a couple of passes on the first day. Now our HC is recklessly passing out caps to reporters. How much can we be expected to endure?

And, the damn HC has yet to pick his nose on video and is speaking in more than ridiculous coach-speak cliche. The apocalypse is upon us…..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, DAG said:

Because you went out your way to quote me And then you continuously quoted me. So I responded.That’s how this works. 

Let's not be ridiculous. I responded to you, then you responded, and I responded, etc. 

No one "went out of their way" or "continously" did anything 

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

And, the damn HC has yet to pick his nose on video

That's an in game thing. We can't judge Harsin yet 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That's an in game thing. We can't judge Harsin yet 

No one can really be sure since there were no outside observers at practices where we  practiced the same ridiculous 💩 that we had been doing for 7-8 years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I've also heard some players are performing worse than others! We should just shut it down. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure how they are wrong? 

Nitt he worst thing in the world but Def odd. 

It was a nice gesture. I don't get what's odd about it, but that's your opinion. 

4 hours ago, DAG said:

It's a hat. You guys kill me. You whine when the guy ask not to report on absences but get upset when he throws a hat to you. My goodness grown ass men. Just don’t accept the hat. But yet this guy is bragging about beating Gus Malzhan in ping pong, yet lecturing about professional boundaries .

This

56 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I wonder how many reporters dropped a cap…

OMG you so beat me to it. As I was catching up on the thread the first thought I had was "I wonder if the reporters will make a big deal about their peers who didn't catch the hat" !!!

Well done!

• Haha 1

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Let's not be ridiculous. I responded to you, then you responded, and I responded, etc. 

No one "went out of their way" or "continously" did anything 

So then don't ask me why are we talking about it. If you quote me I am going to respond to you. You are the only person on this thread acting ridiculous. Sometimes , I think you just naturally want to take the opposite side of the fence. It gets old really quickly. This is one of the few threads, where 99% of the people don't think it's a big deal and the reporters are being dramatic and of course, you have to be the one to be the natural contrary. 

Edited by DAG

11 hours ago, fredst said:

No one can really be sure since there were no outside observers at practices where we  practiced the same ridiculous 💩 that we had been doing for 7-8 years

While somewhat true, but Gus always had these 20 min viewing windows too. I haven't seen much difference in media access outside the open practices this spring.  I don't see them being a normal occurrence going forward 

5 hours ago, DAG said:

So then don't ask me why are we talking about it. If you quote me I am going to respond to you. You are the only person on this thread acting ridiculous. Sometimes , I think you just naturally want to take the opposite side of the fence. It gets old really quickly. This is one of the few threads, where 99% of the people don't think it's a big deal and the reporters are being dramatic and of course, you have to be the one to be the natural contrary. 

Let's not be ridiculous and claim someone went out of their way to respond to someone in a message board. 

I literally said it doesn't matter. It's just odd. As Hoke pointed out above, it was a first. It's something that doesn't often happen. That's the definition of odd. 

15 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Seems most didn't accept it. Wouldn't be surprised if they were, in a way, shaming fellow "journalists" who accepted it. Paper guys probably think of themselves a bit differently than rivals/247 beat writers. Most are probably auburn grads in the latter 

And as I mentioned above, it pretty obvious who this battle is between. Paper journos thinking they are better than the online guys who are really just fans. 

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Let's not be ridiculous and claim someone went out of their way to respond to someone in a message board. 

I literally said it doesn't matter. It's just odd. As Hoke pointed out above, it was a first. It's something that doesn't often happen. That's the definition of odd. 

And as I mentioned above, it pretty obvious who this battle is between. Paper journos thinking they are better than the online guys who are really just fans. 

The paper journos are going out of business, they just don't know it yet.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

The paper journos are going out of business, they just don't know it yet.  

Yeah, they've been a dying breed for a while.  Probably why Jay G Tate/PAM smartly jumped to an online platform when they had the opportunity.

Doesn't mean rando beat writers for AL.com or the Montgomery Adivsor or Bham Times (idk what the actual papers are) think of themselves differently than the Fanboys "writers" for Rivals/247.

From reading the reactions/tweets it is pretty clear the disagreement in Harsin's action are Paper vs Online beat writers.  Hoke 100% was excited to get that cap and will wear it.  I don't think a coach "promotes" his brand to the media by giving away free stuff.  He's already promoted his brand by talking with them during SEC media days and hitting the national shows with big audiences.

I do find the reaction between the two distinct groups to be so different.  The 247/Rivals guys were all mad Harsin wouldn't sit down with them during SEC Media days....now they are all pumped they got a hat.  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I almost take it more as manipulating the fanboy writers than "promoting" anything.  This is a nothing story and will be gone by tomorrow when we might get some real, actual news post scrimmage.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Odd indeed right? 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The oddities. 

Now we're just going to essentially be passive aggressive and sub-quote things?  OK 🤣

Paul wearing Bama gear is a bit different than Saban tossing it out to media members.  If you can find Saban with a t-shirt cannon firing bama gear into the press box, we might have something similar.

Edited by W.E.D

This really a non-story and it's beat writers fighting against each other.  

"True" unbiased guys vs Fanboys for recruiting sites.

We're just caught in the middle.  It'll be gone by tomorrow and everyone will forget about it

Edited by W.E.D

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Now we're just going to essentially be passive aggressive and sub-quote things?  OK 🤣

You are clown. That is where it stops. I don't feel like arguing with you all thread. I already said if you cosign this behavior you are a goof. You are a goof in my eyes. Now you want tom play both sides because you see how truly ridiculous they were for running to twitter.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Hoke had the correct response to this, this should have been how the article was written. All that had to be said

This is exactly howe you do it. And if you don't want the hat move on. Now people just look dumb out here.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are clown. That is where it stops. I don't feel like arguing with you all thread. I already said if you cosign this behavior you are a goof. You are a goof in my eyes. Now you want tom play both sides because you see how truly ridiculous they were for running to twitter.

Read my posts better.  I've consistently said it is a non story.  My very first post in this subject did so. 

It's fighting between two groups.  That can be true while it being a tad unorthodox action from a HC tossing gear to media.

It's OK to have more than 1 opinion on a story.  I'm sorry you're so deeply hurt by my opinion & you've resorted to calling me names.  Quit acting like a child.  You're better than that

Edited by W.E.D

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Read my posts better.  I've consistently said it is a non story.  My very first post in this subject did so. 

It's fighting between two groups.  That can be true while it being a tad unorthodox action from a HC tossing gear to media.

It's OK to have more than 1 opinion on a story.  I'm sorry you're so deeply hurt by my opinion & you've resorted to calling me names.

Hahaha You started off by saying you don't know why this guy is wrong. He was wrong the minute he ran to twitter and tried to make a big freaking deal about a hat. There is no reason an Auburn beat writer should be going out that far of their way to make this big of a deal of their ball coach. He is just creating unnecessary drama. I said two pages ago, that is clown behavior and anybody who supports that enjoys the clown show. This is the same guy who supposedly made up a gf and bragging about beating Gus Malzhan in ping pong, but he is accusing people of being odd and not knowing professional boundaries, right? You just said a page ago they were going to shame other people for taking the hat, yet we now see other journalist laughing at this dude. Now you want to change the narrative and play both sides. The fact that you tried to initially defend this dude tells me a lot, opinion or not. And once again, you are the only person on this island.

Edited by DAG

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

While somewhat true, but Gus always had these 20 min viewing windows too. I haven't seen much difference in media access outside the open practices this spring.  I don't see them being a normal occurrence going forward 

What makes you think that other than pure speculation?