Time for vaccine requirements, tests for football games

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Bless your heart.

Aww facts getting too tough for you.

Just. Plain. Dumb.

34 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Vaccinated people aren't infecting themselves without being exposed to another infected person

Well, no s***...

Just to make it clear, are you saying,

a vaccinated person can't be infected? 

A vaccinated person can't spread the virus?

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

And that is supposed to disprove the fact that the great majority of these protests were peaceful? :rolleyes:

You need to bone up on your logic.

Just suggesting you shouldn't believe everything you read.

The media was telling you the protest were peaceful while showing you the city was burning.

Maybe bone up on your logic.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Bless your heart.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.

-Oscar Wilde

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

Well, no s***...

No.  I am not saying that. 

I am essentially saying that had we reached a high level of vaccinations last summer, we wouldn't be seeing this resurgence, even considering  it's a different variant. 

If we need to blame someone for this resurgence, it's the vaccination resistors.  This resurgence of this Delta strain would not have happened had we achieved a high enough vaccination rate earlier.  I got vaccinated back in Feb. and I was never infected. 

Yes, vaccinated people can (possibly) be infected by fellow vaccinated people, but that's not the driving force that got us here, which is the unvaccinated.  Even though vaccinated people can carry the virus, in terms of population dynamics, that virus had to originate somewhere.  It didn't originate from other vaccinated people.  That's the point I obviously failed to make.

Edited by homersapien

9 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

Just suggesting you shouldn't believe everything you read.

The media was telling you the protest were peaceful while showing you the city was burning.

Maybe bone up on your logic.

So in other words, I am suppose to cherry pick the exceptions and just ignore the thousands of peaceful protests - including the one in my own city - to make generalizations that support my political view.

Likewise, I am supposed to ignore the media research and  reporting that supports the premise that the majority of these protests were peaceful.

MAGA "logic" is anything but logical. :no:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No.  I am not saying that. 

I am essentially saying that had we reached a high level of vaccinations last summer, we wouldn't be seeing this resurgence, even consider it's a different variant. 

If we need to blame someone for this resurgence, it's the vaccination resistors.  This resurgence of this Delta strain would not have happened had we achieved a high enough vaccination rate earlier.

Yes, vaccinated people can be infected by fellow vaccinated people, but that's not the driving force that got us here, which is the unvaccinated.  Even though vaccinated people can carry the virus, in terms of population dynamics, that virus had to originate somewhere.  It didn't originate from other vaccinated people.  That's the point I obviously failed to make.

It originated before the vaccine, so you're right about that. Viruses mutate, it's their nature. The delta variant is no exception and you can't point to a specific population to be the cause of the mutation.

As far as who is spreading it, you can't tell who is spreading it either.  I would agree that most of the transmission is from unvaccinated people, but another part is coming from asymptomatic vaccinated carriers.

Nine vaccinated people in a room and one unvaccinated for lunch. One of the vaccinated people has a viral load high enough to transmit the virus, the unvaccinated person also has the virus. All ten test positive the next week.  Who spread the virus?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.

-Oscar Wilde

Continue to learn with humility, not hubris. Hubris is boring.

I suspect the neither of us is "great". :-\  I just thought I would dose you with your own medicine.
Edited by homersapien

35 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Dumb premise?  Then what are you implying - vaccinated people are "auto-infectious"?  I'd like to see the evidence for that. I didn't make it clear, but I am referring to the origin of this current resurgence, which is obviously due to the large number of unvaccinated people.

With a large percentage of unvaccinated people in the population, common sense would tell you they are the primary source of infecting others - both vaccinated as well as unvaccinated. 

Granted, vaccinated people can then infect others as well, but it started with the large number of unvaccinated, and they are no doubt the primary reason for the resurgence.

Bottom line, the current resurgence is a result of the large number of unvaccinated people.  All of the data supports that.

homes i hate to see that neg. i was talking about the arguing part. i am vaccinated and i encourage others to do the same. also if covid hits us who is to say if or how many forfeit we have this year?

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

It originated before the vaccine, so you're right about that. Viruses mutate, it's their nature. The delta variant is no exception and you can't point to a specific population to the cause of the mutation.

As far as who is spreading it, you can't tell who is spreading it.  I would agree that most of the transmission is from unvaccinated people, but another part is coming from asymptomatic vaccinated carriers.

And IMO, it's not really likely that previously vaccinated (as a class) are passing it on to other vaccinated persons (as a class), statistically speaking. This is based on the fact the vaccines are pretty effective in preventing infections.

Edited by homersapien

Just now, homersapien said:

...Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. 

- Marianne Williamson

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Bless your heart.

Your flattery is too kind. Thanks, much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

...Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. 

- Marianne Williamson

I don't think that's ever been a problem for me. ;)  ;D

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It originated before the vaccine, so you're right about that. Viruses mutate, it's their nature. The delta variant is no exception and you can't point to a specific population to be the cause of the mutation.

As far as who is spreading it, you can't tell who is spreading it either.  I would agree that most of the transmission is from unvaccinated people, but another part is coming from asymptomatic vaccinated carriers.

Nine vaccinated people in a room and one unvaccinated for lunch. One of the vaccinated people has a viral load high enough to transmit the virus, the unvaccinated person also has the virus. All ten test positive the next week.  Who spread the virus?

And where did (from whom) did that vaccinated person get infected?  And where did that person get infected, ad infinitum?

My contention is that all routes of infection ultimately lead to someone who was unvaccinated. And I suspect it's not a long route.

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And where did (from whom) did that vaccinated person get infected?  And where did that person get infected, ad infinitum?

My contention is that all routes of infection ultimately lead to someone who was unvaccinated. And I suspect it's not a long route.

Again, of course it came from one that was unvaccinated. The virus hit before the vaccine. This isn't a chicken and an egg situation. In this case, we know the chicken started it. That's not being debated, by anyone.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

So in other words, I am suppose to cherry pick the exceptions and just ignore the thousands of peaceful protests - including the one in my own city - to make generalizations that support my political view.

Likewise, I am supposed to ignore the media research and  reporting that supports the premise that the majority of these protests were peaceful.

This is where you and I differ. You're willing to dismiss the media's blatant dishonesty as the exception and go on believing.

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.” - Mark Twain

Guess we're screwed either way.

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

he just goes on and on bird. pages of him back and forth with  people asking to take it elsewhere. then you get a smart ass reply. the thing with arguments you are seldom going to change anyones mind so it makes me wonder if that is the true intent here.

Definitely the new jeffy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

I don't believe the claim that it's more rampant among the least vaccinated part of the country. I have a friend who works in healthcare who told me she is seeing just as many infections among the vaxxed, or unvaxxed.

You do what you want buddy, but leave me out of it. 

Just a little reminder to you that three of the four of the manufacturers, of the ( vaccine) you have so much confidence in, have paid out hundreds of millions of dollars in the past 30 odd years from lawsuits they have lost because prior medicines they have brought to market have killed thousands. 

There's something you can have fun researching.

You want to argue about the stupid masks next?

And they have also produced treatments and drugs that have saved countless lives. Overall, I understand frustrations with big Pharma.  They have nursed the tit of the American taxpayers relentlessly for years while also feeding at both ends.  However, in dealing with this virus, they jumped into the fray and used their best minds to develop a vaccine that has saved countless lives.  The application of mRNA delivery technology has been more successful than most ever imagined.  The problem is that when something isn't perfect, which it never is, some people equate a lack of perfection with a lack of beneficial value.  If that standard was used in the past, we would still be terrified of Polio and losing lives to the measles and mumps every year.

People forget that this is a vaccine, not a therapeutic treatment.  The vaccine doesn't stay in your body forever, which is why generally all side effects of a vaccine will be see within a 30 to 45 day window.  After that point, your body has absorbed and processed the vaccine thru your system.  What remains are anti-bodies that your body produces, which provide protection to a degree going forward.  This isn't like taking an anti-depressant and then finding out that you have been swallowing poison every day.

IN GEORGIA from Ga Dept of Public Health

From January 1st to August 10th 2021.

Of 4,261,292 fully vaccinated people:

• 13,332 tested positive (0.003)
• 198 hospitalized* for COVID-19 (0.00004)
• 105 died due to COVID-19 (0.00002)

Putting those numbers in perspective, Georgia reported 45 deaths today alone from Covid-19. During the pandemic overall, Georgia has 18,987 confirmed Covid-19 deaths and another 2,991 probable Covid-19 deaths.

Edited by AU9377

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Well, no s***...

@icanthearyou did the hard questions hurt your head again? If the ibuprofen didn't help, try some midol.

On 8/14/2021 at 2:16 PM, AU9377 said:

Great to throw in useless talking points about BLM riots.  Seriously, that is why it is impossible to have a real discussion......... Many of you would rather just spout out whatever some nut on Fox was screaming about.

I think he is referring to the media not minding antifa or BLM rally’s. But any other large gatherings are considered super spreaders.

Somehow BLM and antifa rallies, where they’re burning cities down, are considered peaceful protest, and there never considered super spreaders. (to the media) I believe that’s what he is talking about.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, homersapien said:

He can speak for himself, but I believe what he’s saying is: when you’re watching a video of Portland, different liberalcities in California, Chicago, Baltimore, Seattle etc.. (you understand, democrat run cities from top to bottom) being taken over and burnt to the ground, and the media calls it a peaceful protest, and the media refuses to say the peaceful protesters could be super spreaders, that may be a tad bit of spreading false information by the media. Just a tad. I don’t think he believes that’s cherry picking, I believe he thinks that’s flat out lying. Does that help you understand any better?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

And they have also produced treatments and drugs that have saved countless lives. Overall, I understand frustrations with big Pharma.  They have nursed the tit of the American taxpayers relentlessly for years while also feeding at both ends.  However, in dealing with this virus, they jumped into the fray and used their best minds to develop a vaccine that has saved countless lives.  The application of mRNA delivery technology has been more successful than most ever imagined.  The problem is that when something isn't perfect, which it never is, some people equate a lack of perfection with a lack of beneficial value.  If that standard was used in the past, we would still be terrified of Polio and losing lives to the measles and mumps every year.

People forget that this is a vaccine, not a therapeutic treatment.  The vaccine doesn't stay in your body forever, which is why generally all side effects of a vaccine will be see within a 30 to 45 day window.  After that point, your body has absorbed and processed the vaccine thru your system.  What remains are anti-bodies that your body produces, which provide protection to a degree going forward.  This isn't like taking an anti-depressant and then finding out that you have been swallowing poison every day.

IN GEORGIA from Ga Dept of Public Health

From January 1st to August 10th 2021.

Of 4,261,292 fully vaccinated people:

• 13,332 tested positive (0.003)
• 198 hospitalized* for COVID-19 (0.00004)
• 105 died due to COVID-19 (0.00002)

Putting those numbers in perspective, Georgia reported 45 deaths today alone from Covid-19. During the pandemic overall, Georgia has 18,987 confirmed Covid-19 deaths and another 2,991 probable Covid-19 deaths.

Truth is this is not a vaccine by definition at all. Secondly, are you now alluding to the fact that we can trust the numbers put out by the media, or the CDC on the number of Covid deaths? It's already a proven fact that those numbers have been greatly falsified. Aren't these the same people essentially that told you the virus originated from a bat in a seafood market? If you believed that one we probably shouldn't be having a conversation at all. 

In a previous post you attempted to discredit the molecular biologist's information I shared because she mentioned hydroxychloroquine, alluding to the idea that the side effects may be too dangerous. Well, same can be said for this so called vaccine. A 19 year old, fully healthy young lady just died a few days ago from a blood clot in the brain caused by the vax. I also know someone personally who died after receiving the shot, and at least three more who have had serious complications as a result. 

Everyone has to do what they believe is best for themselves I would say. I have friends, and a daughter who have had the vax, and I have many friends, and the rest of my family, including my 85 year old Father who refuse. If the topic of the thread is requiring vaccinations to attend a football game then that's an easy decision for me personally. There are many things I can actually do without, and I certainly won't let the attendence at a football game affect my decision regarding my health. Actually, the vax decision has been an easy one for me, because I'm self employed, and generally an anti social ass anyway.