Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

6 minutes ago, provibe said:

I agree with some of the posters that have said we should follow Saban on this. I read where he said Alabama football is not a democracy! Harsin should tell our student athletes that Auburn football is not a democracy and they should just do what he says and shut up!

Where does he say this? I can't seem to find anything like this anywhere on the inter webs.

It is no different than these requirements to attend Auburn University  and almost every high school, middle school and college.

https://cws.auburn.edu/aumc/pm/Students

All incoming students are required to complete the electronic medical information and immunization form through Clearwave Vactrack. You will receive an email invite to your AUBURN email address. You will create an account with Clearwave and then you will receive an email to activate their account. Once the account is activated, you will receive another email for Vactrack. Login to Vactrack using the same credentials used with Clearwave.

REQUIREMENTS
Tuberculosis Testing
TB skin test OR blood test
Must be recent. No older than 6 months from the first day of class for your expected start semester
A chest x-ray is NOT an acceptable alternative
Measles Vaccine
Typically found in the form of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
2 doses required if received in childhood. 1 dose is acceptable if it was received recently.......

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

It is no different than these requirements to attend Auburn University  and almost every high school, middle school and college.

https://cws.auburn.edu/aumc/pm/Students

All incoming students are required to complete the electronic medical information and immunization form through Clearwave Vactrack. You will receive an email invite to your AUBURN email address. You will create an account with Clearwave and then you will receive an email to activate their account. Once the account is activated, you will receive another email for Vactrack. Login to Vactrack using the same credentials used with Clearwave.

REQUIREMENTS
Tuberculosis Testing
TB skin test OR blood test
Must be recent. No older than 6 months from the first day of class for your expected start semester
A chest x-ray is NOT an acceptable alternative
Measles Vaccine
Typically found in the form of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
2 doses required if received in childhood. 1 dose is acceptable if it was received recently

Dying to hear a single intelligent counter to this.

36 minutes ago, provibe said:

Let me get this all straight. Y’all knew the vaccine was only good for six months and then the effective rate was going to “drop off the cliff”. What if Harsin had taken the vaccine 3 mo ago and then 3 mo from now when the effective rate drops, he comes down with the virus, would all of you be demanding that he be fired. How long after the booster shot before it’s effectiveness drops off a cliff? I thought y’all had all the answers! Have y’all just been keeping them from the rest of us.

We actually had a potentially longer timeline than 6 months with the previously dominant strain. Delta just beat the hell out of that 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dying to hear a single intelligent counter to this.

Those have been tested longer

those went through more trials 

those had a higher fatal rate before vaccines

Just giving out a few for free

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Where does he say this? I can't seem to find anything like this anywhere on the inter webs.

Foxnews.com had a story on it with that quote. 

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

None of those speaks to the "freedom" bull****.

• Haha 2

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Foxnews.com had a story on it with that quote. 

They probably had that tagline but did he actually say that . I think we all know how fox news and MSNBC works 

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The smartest university in the conference did. That should stand for something lol

Vanderbilt is the only one I have seen so far.

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

He said it at one of his presser I heard it today on XM

Just now, augolf1716 said:

He said it at one of his presser I heard it today on XM

I actually found the quote. This why I actually like to read the article. People are trying to allude that this has to do with forced vaccination.

9 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

What other SEC schools are making the Covid vaccine a requirement?

I guess Vandy is the answer, although clearly most other programs have applied significantly more pressure than we have. (The collective mental makeup of our players doesn't explain the vast gap in compliance.)

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Vanderbilt is the only one I have seen so far.

I would value their decision making over at least half the conference’s, but I know that doesn’t have anything to do with your question 

Theyre probably going to move in lockstep as far as mandating it for sports teams. In an ideal world, Alabama would be leading the charge, being the lightning rod they are. But they’re already at 100%. So maybe it’ll just be left to discretion with football squads 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not really,  those trails took Longer in time, but this is the most scrutinized vaccine in rollout history. 

There have been 100's of thousands  of doctors working on this vaccine around the world since the start,  and  MRNA vaccines had ben studied for close to 2 decades.   Long term effects of Vaccines almost invariably show signs within the first 6 weeks after vaccination.  There has been NO evidence of any long term effects   2,500,000,000  shots  and 1.5 years later

Those did not go through more trials.    They just took linger go to through all the trials because the laws limited the number of  participants and number of  trails that could be done before fast tracking.

Everything that has been tested on those vaccines was tested the same with the Covid vaccine.    The covid test just happened in a shorter amount of time.

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I would value their decision making over at least half the conference’s, but I know that doesn’t have anything to do with your question 

Theyre probably going to move in lockstep as far as mandating it for sports teams. In an ideal world, Alabama would be leading the charge, being the lightning rod they are. But they’re already at 100%. So maybe it’ll just be left to discretion with football squads 

I was just curious. Seems like with the $$ risk more would be, if the legal world backed the move. Seems like there might be an unpublished reason in waiting for that. May have been taken care of today with the FDA move.

Serious question: Why aren't meningitis vaccines required? That s*** can be vicious, and in a damned hurry. 

I'd be fine with adding that one to the list before making a Covid shot mandatory.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

I actually found the quote. This why I actually like to read the article. People are trying to allude that this has to do with forced vaccination.

As you know now he was talking about a certain player can't remember the name.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

😜

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sorry that was not my intention 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

As a cancer survivor, and someone that has had Covid, the testing longer and more trials is exactly why I don't want to get the vaccine . It's not some conspiracy or some other bs. I just don't feel comfortable getting it, no matter what anybody says, at this stage

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 3

I mean coaches can basically tell a player when to sleep, what to eat, what to and not ingest, when to workout and if you don’t comply you won’t play.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

As a cancer survivor, and someone that has had Covid, the testing longer and more trials is exactly why I don't want to get the vaccine . It's not some conspiracy or some other bs. I just don't feel comfortable getting it, no matter what anybody says, at this stage

As a cancer survivor and someone who did a test study for Chrons medication which put it into remission, i respectively disagree.  There were more tests done on this basic vaccine than any other in history and it is common knowledge that these types of vaccines show side effects within 6 weeks at over a 99% rate.

• Like 1