Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I mean coaches can basically tell a player when to sleep, what to eat, what to and not ingest, when to workout and if you don’t comply you won’t play.  

Would you comply withvthe coaches if they told you to get STD testing, to open your apartment for inspection by the coaches, and to put GPS on your car to tract you.  That dictatorship should have some limits.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, auburnphan said:

As a cancer survivor and someone who did a test study for Chrons medication which put it into remission, i respectively disagree.  There were more tests done on this basic vaccine than any other in history and it is common knowledge that these types of vaccines show side effects within 6 weeks at over a 99% rate.

And again, you can say that and it is not the same for every person. I don't feel comfortable taking it for these reasons and that is just me. There is nothing to say someone may not be in that certain percentile, or also who knows if a few years down the road some things come out that are negative of the first vaccine. Either way, that is my viewpoint on it. I don't fault anyone for getting the vaccine or not. But I think people are more than willing to have their reservations about it as well as being more than willing to be vaccinated if they choose

• Like 1

Just now, Carnell said:

Would you comply withvthe coaches if they told you to get STD testing, to open your apartment for inspection by the coaches, and to put GPS on your car to tract you.  That dictatorship should have some limits.

STD testing would be completely reasonable if said STD was highly contagious in normal, non-sexual situations as COVID is.

The others have absolutely no relevance to this conversation.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

As you know now he was talking about a certain player can't remember the name.

His TE.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

And again, you can say that and it is not the same for every person. I don't feel comfortable taking it for these reasons and that is just me. There is nothing to say someone may not be in that certain percentile, or also who knows if a few years down the road some things come out that are negative of the first vaccine. Either way, that is my viewpoint on it. I don't fault anyone for getting the vaccine or not. But I think people are more than willing to have their reservations about it as well as being more than willing to be vaccinated if they choose

I can only imagine how I'd feel in your shoes. Or @auburnphan's. 

Stay safe, the both of ya.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I hear ya, Mav.    I just am willing to put my trust in the people that saved my life already. 

• Like 1

Just now, auburnphan said:

I hear ya, Mav.    I just am willing to put my trust in the people that saved my life already. 

I 100% understand that my friend, especially in our case, as cancer survivors, I 100% respect your decision and feedback 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Apparently the SEC is considering reducing school revenue if a team forfeited a game that costs the league TV money. 

Good. Sometimes it takes the stick and not the carrot to get people doing the things they should. Reminds me of Louisiana's refusal to raise the drinking age to 21 and the withholding of federal highway funds by the Feds until they did it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Good. Sometimes it takes the stick and not the carrot to get people doing the things they should. Reminds me of Louisiana's refusal to raise the drinking age to 21 and the withholding of federal highway funds by the Feds until they did it. 

If people can go fight for our country, they can consume alcohol. There's no real difference in 18-21 when it comes to tobacco or alcohol, they all make stupid decisions. 23-24 is when people start to wake up, and that is personal experience 

I think this is the catch all Covid thread 

there’s enough cases on campus and “in community” for teachers to have the free light to go all online, if they were hybrid in nature at the very least. Can’t yet confirm that for all classes 

So there’s bigger concerns at play than just the players being vaccinated imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

As a cancer survivor, and someone that has had Covid, the testing longer and more trials is exactly why I don't want to get the vaccine . It's not some conspiracy or some other bs. I just don't feel comfortable getting it, no matter what anybody says, at this stage

The point of that post was just to provide examples of how anti-vaxxers would shift the narrative. I’m not really gonna go into it since you have your mind set, but they have a more than appropriate amount of trials for most age demographics, almost 2 years worth for most adults.

They’re pushing them out for immunocompromised people now, so your specific demographic will likely have trial numbers out there, if they don’t already, if you’d like to read up on that

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

As a cancer survivor and someone who did a test study for Chrons medication which put it into remission, i respectively disagree.  There were more tests done on this basic vaccine than any other in history and it is common knowledge that these types of vaccines show side effects within 6 weeks at over a 99% rate.

Not to mention, literally every human who’s taken it is a “trial”, in a sense. There’s been literally millions of those. I won’t speak to immunocompromised but no one else should be able to say there’s not enough data. How you want to interpret that data is another thing 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The point of that post was just to provide examples of how anti-vaxxers would shift the narrative. I’m not really gonna go into it since you have your mind set, but they have a more than appropriate amount of trials for most age demographics, almost 2 years worth for most adults.

They’re pushing them out for immunocompromised people now, so your specific demographic will likely have trial numbers out there, if they don’t already, if you’d like to read up on that

And that's the whole point of anti vaxxer, it used to mean anti vaccine, now it means if you don't want to do the Covid vaccine, you're an anti vaxxer, and that is bs. I take vaccines every year that have been in trials for years. I don't care to take a vaccine that has been in trials for a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

your examples do not represent a nation health emergency.    out of your list,  only STD's are contagious,  but are you telling me... If an STD became an epidemic in your area,  or a global pandemic,  you wouldn't go get tested on your own?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

And that's the whole point of anti vaxxer, it used to mean anti vaccine, now it means if you don't want to do the Covid vaccine, you're an anti vaxxer, and that is bs. I take vaccines every year that have been in trials for years. I don't care to take a vaccine that has been in trials for a year.

So, what is your limit on how many years it needs to be in trails before you would take it?

Does it matter if there were fewer trails  done in that  ^^^ amount of time?

edit:  I agree about antivaxxer and those not getting the vac are not the same.    But, that is the new vernacular

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

So, what is your limit on how many years it needs to be in trails before you would take it?

Does it matter if there were fewer trails  done in that  ^^^ amount of time?

I am a cancer survivor, so no I don't care about a rushed vaccine that hasn't been trialed for a decent period of time, no. But I'm sure plenty of people here can tell me better about my own personal health 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

Of course, everything should have limits. We all know this. 

Tired of this "slippery slope" argument. The examples you gave are not relevant. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

As a cancer survivor, and someone that has had Covid, the testing longer and more trials is exactly why I don't want to get the vaccine . It's not some conspiracy or some other bs. I just don't feel comfortable getting it, no matter what anybody says, at this stage

You are the exception to the rule and I would never consider telling you how to deal with your personal health. Hope you are well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I think the connotation is negative, but at the most base level, for the vaccine we were discussing, you are currently anti it. I don’t believe in black and white, but even if you’re neutral on it, you’re at some point either more pro or anti. 
I didn’t mean to use it in an insulting manner.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I am a cancer survivor, so no I don't care about a rushed vaccine that hasn't been trialed for a decent period of time, no. But I'm sure plenty of people here can tell me better about my own personal health 

I am not attacking you.  I am just curious what people that say that think is an "decent period of time"  VS the number of trials.    I keep hearing comparison of the covid vaccine to vaccines that have been around for "years".  and "acceptable amount of time".  There has to be a point at which you would feel safe getting a vaccine.   2 years?  10 years?  18 years?  40?

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

You are the exception to the rule and I would never consider telling you how to deal with your personal health. Hope you are well. 

I am well, I just have my own way dealing with Covid, as I have had it, I think people are more than willing of having reservations, and also getting vaccinated at their own discretion

• Like 2

Outside of the relatively small data that has been charted for immunocompromised people, there are more trials coming like I said in the earlier post. That just wasn’t a demographic they had the time to give the same level of attention to during the beginning of this