Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

4 hours ago, auburnphan said:

winner, winner.

It’s happening right before our  eyes. And when they approve moderna they are going to say how can I trust it? Why did it take so long? 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Presumably they all do...so given this one falls off a cliff at 6 months...why not approve Moderna or another which holds up better?

Pfizer is really more of a therapeutic than vaccine.  

I presume final FDA approval for Moderna is in the works. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are, as far as my limited understanding goes, very similar. Honestly, I'm dubious as to the long term effectiveness of any vaccine against COVID as the virus continues to mutate. That's not that much different than mutations in viruses that cause the flu or the common cold, and that's also why I'm dubious as to the idea of long term immunity through infection. None the less, the large degree of mitigation reported out of Israel is nothing to be disregarded. Those mitigation numbers as to hospitalization and serious illness are pretty dang strong.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

So let’s do a risk or benefits analysis. No protection versus 40 percent protection . Yeah let’s go with no protection . That makes sense 

It's not much different than "But baby...even with condoms women can get pregnant. And I don't like 'em. So let's just skip the raincoat!"

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s happening right before eyes. And when they approve moderna they are going to say how can I trust it? Why did it take so long? 

They'll say "Bill Gates didn't have enough tracking chips for Pfizer and Moderna. They had to wait for more chips!" :)

• Haha 3

Just now, CleCoTiger said:

It's not much different than "But baby...even with condoms women can get pregnant. And I don't like 'em. So let's just skip the raincoat!"

i never could find a condom big enough to fit me properly and it made my formative years hell.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Those mitigation numbers as to hospitalization and serious illness are pretty dang strong.

It's wild that we're back to "Death isn't the only negative outcome". We're on some serious Groundhog Day ish.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, CleCoTiger said:

You can almost throw any practical example and it wouldn’t make sense for the objections. I would rather you say, I just don’t want to put this in my body because it was pushed so quick, rather than the constant mental gymnastics people are doing to rationalize it. But if you say that, man up and at least be okay with giving those who took the risk the opportunity to get help first if they need it. These guys remember me of the dude from titanic who jumped on the life boat before the women and children, even though pushed for it to go faster. Yes I refunded titanic. I try to do it daily. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s happening right before eyes. And when they approve moderna they are going to say how can I trust it? Why did it take so long? 

That is why I did the surefire thing and just injected Clorox instead.  A cool side effect is my teeth are now extremely white.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i never could find a condom big enough to fit me properly and it made my formative years hell.

The movie had nothing at all to do with this, but suddenly I'm thinking of an old film titled "A Man Called Horse." ;) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868ts0iy9ggv4ps4u1i8

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah, I think there is that core group that won't do it because they are being told that they would lose or "owned"  by/to the "libs" and have grown up with or started following news that has kept their interest by keeping them in a constant sense of rage and fear for ratings and advertisement dollars.  I mean we literally have a group of people who do not believe in reality and believe that the vast majority of people are being duped. It is nuts.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Circulated by an NP that works at the hospital.

man that sucks. we have gone from the greatest generation to the selfish generation. people just do not care much anymore they just will not admit it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Not really sure at this point why they are rushing Phizer approval given latest data out of Israel.  It is now a below average flu vaccine and there is an absolute "cliff" in effectiveness @ the 6 month mark down to 16% effective.  Why not go with one of the more effective ones? Is this expected to improve Vax rates?  Does anyone have any info on what is up with approvals timing on the other vaccines? 

"Israeli health officials on Thursday reported that Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine is just 39 percent effective in preventing infections with the more contagious Delta variant, while noting that the vaccine remains highly effective in preventing serious illness and hospitalization, according to reports.

New statistics from Israel’s Health Ministry, released Thursday, indicated that the vaccine jointly developed by Pfizer and BioNTech provided 88 percent protection against hospitalization and 91.4 percent against severe illness, while being just 39 percent effective against the Delta strain, Bloomberg reported.

The outlet reported that the Health Ministry report also indicated waning effectiveness of the vaccine over time, with just 16 percent effectiveness in preventing COVID-19 transmission among those who received the vaccine in January. Effectiveness rose to 44 percent for those who got the shot in February, 67 percent for March, and 75 percent for April."

https://www.journalposts.com/israel-finds-39-percent-effectiveness-of-pfizer-vaccine-in-halting-delta-variant-infections-reports-jp/

I am glad you cited that report.  I saw that report also. In addition, a study on English patients showed pretty much similar results in which the both the pfizer and astra zeneca vaccines were in effect effective in reducing the symptoms of the vaccine.  Although I do have questions about the selection of the sample but that is for another time.  

I received the vaccine but I based my decision on inaccurate data so I will not get the booster.  The reason for me getting the vaccine was the information being given was that it would prevent the contracting and spread of the disease which is not the case but will aid in reducing symptoms.  The reason I will not get the booster is 1. I had Covid. 2.  I have type 0 blood , 3. I take all the necessary vitamins daily all of these have been in some way reflective reducing symptoms.  

So for you people suggesting that Auburn mandate the vaccine, why don't you go ask the players how many of them believe the vaccine will prevent contacting and spreading of Covid.  I bet you get anywhere from 95% to 98% affirmation from the players.  But if you give them the proper information and other ways to reduce the symptoms then see how many of these players would be enthusiastic about the vaccine but at least for those players getting the vaccine they are making informed decisions.

I applaud Harsin for out of the box ways such as herd immunity to reduce the spread.  Not saying it will work but if it does it will make the NCAa, SEC, and the little munchkin dictator in turdville look like idiots.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

you are not supposed to put in on your nose.

that hurts man. you need to go back in the corner wid yo bad self and be quiet......lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

man that sucks. we have gone from the greatest generation to the selfish generation. people just do not care much anymore they just will not admit it.

That's all there is to it. It's pretty amazing that they rebranded selfishness as "freedom", as though there's any association with patriotism or the intent of our Constitution whatsoever.

I think about the sickening irony of exactly what you just said all the time. Because in so many cases it's these same "personal choice" people who are always complaining about how tough Americans used to be.

Is that right. Well, sorry you're scared of a little needle, Captain America. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Gives new meaning to "just get the jab."  

• Haha 2

Saban reminded people a couple days ago that his team is not a democracy.  Perhaps that is why they are at or near 100% vaccinated.  As someone pointed out earlier, I believe Pat Dye would do the same.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

That is precisely what the argument reminds me of.......

Let me get this all straight. Y’all knew the vaccine was only good for six months and then the effective rate was going to “drop off the cliff”. What if Harsin had taken the vaccine 3 mo ago and then 3 mo from now when the effective rate drops, he comes down with the virus, would all of you be demanding that he be fired. How long after the booster shot before it’s effectiveness drops off a cliff? I thought y’all had all the answers! Have y’all just been keeping them from the rest of us.

• Facepalm 1

Let’s put this in football terms so some can understand.

You have this great shiny new offense that is killing  defenses.  Let’s call it Gus(virus).  So the defenses(scientists) have time to study it and come up with a some ways to slow/stop it from killing them.   Here is the odd part Gus evolves and then the defenses have to again adjust to the changes in Gus.   Now the defenses could just not adapt to the changes and do nothing but that is not in their character to just keep getting killed.

Edited by auburnphan

I agree with some of the posters that have said we should follow Saban on this. I read where he said Alabama football is not a democracy! Harsin should tell our student athletes that Auburn football is not a democracy and they should just do what he says and shut up!