Auburn vs Penn State — Game Thread

RunInRed

Oh, give Auburn some credit on that PSU score because we were extra careful not to target. Where's the love after being crucified for a legal tackle????

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

Yeah the TE has been open all night.  

Actually not all night.  1 drive in a hurry up where we weren't ready for it.  Then right there.  His point is this is why we can't blitz. Staff knows PSU has great TEs that the QB will exploit.  Now that play was bad assignment by the Safety. 

Someone smarter than me explain why we are not putting more pressure on this guy that is not good under pressure...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AUx said:

Who's going to be the first coach to walk his team off the field after a call like that in protest (and then not be crucified by his own fans)?

Someone needs to relentlessly critique the refs and just eat the fines. Play the ejected player and MAKE them say something about it

I don’t think Franklin is too worried about it. He knows our defense isn’t going to stop them at the end of the game.  I mean why would we decide to cover the receivers then?

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Why don’t we let Clifford continue to pick us apart with no pressure?  Great idea.  Oh snap, he’s been doing that all game.  

You don't see the stupidity in after calling for the blitz and the downside happens to just say the tight end has been open the all game? It literally makes no sense

Just now, AUBwins said:

Actually not all night.  1 drive in a hurry up where we weren't ready for it.  Then right there.  His point is this is why we can't blitz. Staff knows PSU has great TEs that the QB will exploit.  Now that play was bad assignment by the Safety. 

I see

Just now, kennypowers said:

Someone smarter than me explain why we are not putting more pressure on this guy that is not good under pressure...

Holding is not a thing tonight.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

There needs to be intent on targeting.  That was not intent.

yeah if anything McClain, and he is one of the best about this, positioned his body to not lead with the head.  just like the hit on Clifford at the half. horse s***

• Like 1

Just now, kennypowers said:

Bc we can't 

1 minute ago, shabby said:

Got to say the defense has been such a let down tonight. No pressure. Garbage coverage. 

the pressure hasn't been great, but the CBs are literally being asked to give 6-7 yards almost every play. Not sure what you're supposed to do lol 

• Like 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

Actually the TE was open in the flats most of the first half.  When they actually did blitz, Clifford threw an interception at halftime.