Auburn vs Penn State — Game Thread

RunInRed

1 minute ago, shabby said:

Penn state qb 27 for 31. We are one of the worst teams against the pass

I think it’s Smoke. He’s just not that guy. Great physical tackler, but he just kind of sits out there and gets confused.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Capers is on the sideline

Fell on the yard marker or official's feminine hygeine bag or something 2 possessions ago? Came up holing lower torso. Or was that someone else.

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I think it's both. Definitely not high on Mason right now lol

Same. I know he's got a track record so I'm trying not to overreact, but at the same time, it seems like we have regressed. I don't know, just hope it gets fixed

1 minute ago, AUx said:

Fell on the yard marker or official's feminine hygeine bag or something 2 possessions ago? Came up holing lower torso. Or was that someone else.

Jackson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, looney said:

Is that allowed?

The refs forgot to make a call, which is not surprising. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think it’s Smoke. He’s just not that guy. Great physical tackler, but he just kind of sits out there and gets confused.

Lol. Just smoke?

4 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

I’m still ticked about that stupid play coming out of half and gifting them the ball that deep in our territory.

Dude, he just dropped the ball.   If he hadn’t fumbled there is no telling what he would have picked up running 

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I will say this. Penn St. talked sh!t all week about how they were gonna wreck us, and didn’t much back it up. I’ll take that W. Lol. 

As long as they don't extend this lead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He has had quite a few mistakes for one game for sure.

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

That's quite a feat considering he has had all day to throw and wide open receivers.

I mean, Nix has had time and we’ve had guys wide open in stride, and he just can’t hit them consistently. He’s made some real bush league throws, too. Exhibit A: a wonky throw to wide open receive in the end zone causing a miss. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

our punt return game has been bad since Slayton left man. We never flip the field 

I'm just happy if we routinely catch the ball securely and don't muff it.

I'd rather have security over return ability if I cant have both.

2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Kind of a antagonist, aren't you?

Let me guess you didn't read the beginning but you're here for the end?

12 minutes ago, AUx said:

Sorry. Pretty evenly-matched teams. AU just can't overmatch enough to take the incompetent officials and environment out of the equation. Certainly can still win. Offense and Defense needs more reps against peers to mature. It would be lights out at Jordan Hare and PSU having to travel even with AU at its current level.

We don't need to schedule 2 cupcakes in a row any more. Middle of the road teams at worst that at least put up a fight. That hurt us.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Same. I know he's got a track record so I'm trying not to overreact, but at the same time, it seems like we have regressed. I don't know, just hope it gets fixed

I think our players in secondary are better but we seem much worse there.