Db performance the result of Bo ?

eagle12

Even if you don’t believe in Bo, Finley is someone who’s at least as good at throwing as Clifford at purely passing. I’m sure they run drills where the QB just plays pitch and catch. No matter how bad you think Bo is, he’s not THAT bad 

• Like 1

Not being able to bring a respectable pass rush was the most responsible followed by a lack of credible pass coverage a close second. Somehow AU needs to figure out a way to improve in both areas or it will be a much longer season than I had hoped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Did you see the db's making a bunch of mistakes or did you see them not being able to cover for ten seconds? Because Bo wouldn't have anything to do with us not getting pressure on the other QB

• Like 4

it's really a Milo's Tea problem.   The Defense drank too much before the game and had a sugar letdown.    Which, of course, is all Bo's fault.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Did you see the db's making a bunch of mistakes or did you see them not being able to cover for ten seconds? Because Bo wouldn't have anything to do with us not getting pressure on the other QB

No I seen TE catching multiple passes plus Dodson on numerous plays ! Someone else posted about completion percentage in the previous two games. So I’m not talking about that 10 second pass they held us on the first series.

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Maybe Bo isn't prepared to see a real defense in games because he spends his practice time going against a soft zone playing twenty feet off his receivers with no pass rush.

During the week of preparation for PSU, Bo should be facing schemes PSU runs and not defensive schemes Auburn runs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eagle12 said:

Could this be a lack of a very good Qb to practice against? 

Does Bo run the scout team? Goodness gracious, that's something else...

I think a lot of people are discounting the possibility that in this offense there are multiple options that a receiver can run based on what the defense presents coverage wise.

From my understanding there have been multiple instances where Bo and the receivers have not been on the same page. Bo would make the correct read and the WR would not.

One instance occurred when Bo almost threw a Pick-6 against PSU.

I believe it was Justin Hokanson who stated that once the play was over the offensive coaching staff ran over to the receiver to reprimand him for running the wrong route.

Pretty plausible considering the receivers have not really had any coverage reading responsibility in years.

I am positive that if this is the case, it is easy to correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

No I seen TE catching multiple passes plus Dodson on numerous plays ! Someone else posted about completion percentage in the previous two games. So I’m not talking about that 10 second pass they held us on the first series.

This is a better critic than your OP.

Smoke & someone blew a coverage and let the TE get free b/c they both covered the same guy.  There was another long play to the TE down the left sideline, not sure what time of the game that was or who's fault it was. 

The Dotson TD seemed like the worst of the night.  We shouldn't lose sight of their best player like that.  Looks like we were playing some mix of zone & man and both McCreary and Smoke rushed up to a scrambling QB and left the entire right half of the endzone uncovered.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This is a better critic than your OP.

Smoke & someone blew a coverage and let the TE get free b/c they both covered the same guy.  There was another long play to the TE down the left sideline, not sure what time of the game that was or who's fault it was. 

The Dotson TD seemed like the worst of the night.  We shouldn't lose sight of their best player like that.  Looks like we were playing some mix of zone & man and both McCreary and Smoke rushed up to a scrambling QB and left the entire right half of the endzone uncovered.

It’s easy to lose track of somebody when your DL not generating a pass rush, how much time did Clifford have to throw that ball to Dotson? 

13 minutes ago, TJRanger175 said:

One instance occurred when Bo almost threw a Pick-6 against PSU.

When was this play?  Anyone remember?  I'm trying to find it and I'm not sure I see it obviously on the play by play to be able find it on the replay

Just now, Sizzle said:

It’s easy to lose track of somebody when your DL not generating a pass rush, how much time did Clifford have to throw that ball to Dotson? 

They actually got a decent pass rush that play and collapsed the pocked some and forced him to extend and roll out.  It definitely wasn't one of the real bad instances where he just stood back there in a single spot.

• Like 1

Damn I feel bad for Bo, I just don't understand all this hate this poor man gets he gets blamed for everything. This reminds so much of when Jason Campbell was our QB he didn't do so hot till his senior year but everybody wanted to blame him for everything. 🙄😡

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1