Db performance the result of Bo ?

eagle12

17 minutes ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

You’ve cracked the code.

Good QB = Good DBs

Someone pay this man. 

Ok GoesDavis. Bo=how many top 25 road games?

Edited by eagle12

10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think he’s being serious. Don’t leave the rest of us waiting on your response 😁.

You still watch Sesame Street too?

Edited by eagle12

Personally I put all the blame with the coaches and their defensive calls. I don’t remember seeing a blitz or a time when we rushed more than 4, and a lot of times we rushed only three. If you give a decent QB all day he will eventually find an open receiver. Their QB and receivers were a pretty good group. We have to do a better job stunting and sending pressure from different places. I think our guys did well for what they were given. Maybe the coaches thought it safer to just take our chances in the secondary ? 🤔 whatever. In the end we played a good team, had a chance or two to win. Played against a loud fan base and were a long way from home. I for one am ok with what the team did. Would I have liked AU to win. Yes. But dang it wasn’t like nearly losing to Jax St. 😒

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Personally I put all the blame with the coaches and their defensive calls. I don’t remember seeing a blitz or a time when we rushed more than 4, and a lot of times we rushed only three. If you give a decent QB all day he will eventually find an open receiver. Their QB and receivers were a pretty good group. We have to do a better job stunting and sending pressure from different places. I think our guys did well for what they were given. Maybe the coaches thought it safer to just take our chances in the secondary ? 🤔 whatever. In the end we played a good team, had a chance or two to win. Played against a loud fan base and were a long way from home. I for one am ok with what the team did. Would I have liked AU to win. Yes. But dang it wasn’t like nearly losing to Jax St. 😒

That’s the most reasonable reply! Most in here spat at this like little babies.

• Thanks 1

Most reasonable reply but that message has been made right after the game and this is what the OP comes up with. You can't make this up.

3 hours ago, eagle12 said:

Ok GoesDavis. Bo=how many top 25 road games?

How many of those games did Bo call the plays? How many of those games did Bo catch the pass? How many of those games did Bo block for himself and how many games did Bo play defense also, you know Bo is not the only person playing for AU each week. Does Bo mess up some ? Yes. So does everyone in that team. When I became an officer at a young age and old officer took me aside and told me “if you see someone never messing up, watch them closely cause they are not doing anything at all”. I’ve found that to be true all my life . Good people working hard are going to make mistakes. Learn from it and move along. The blame game won’t make us better or win any games. 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

How many of those games did Bo call the plays? How many of those games did Bo catch the pass? How many of those games did Bo block for himself and how many games did Bo play defense also, you know Bo is not the only person playing for AU each week. Does Bo mess up some ? Yes. So does everyone in that team. When I became an officer at a young age and old officer took me aside and told me “if you see someone never messing up, watch them closely cause they are doing anything at all”. I’ve found that to be true all my life . Good people working g hard are going to make mistakes. Learn from it and move along. The blame game won’t make us better or win any games. 

The question I have is he checking each option on the plays ? To me he looks to be looking in one direction most of the time .

Let me remind those that might not have watched to whole game. Not once but at least twice in the PS game I watched Bo make two back shoulder throws that were perfectly placed where only the receiver could get it, and both were caught for big gains. Tell me how many years we have complained about someone doing that to us but we couldn’t do it to others?  And yet today I’m listening to how bad Bo did at  PSU. Some of y’all need to check your armchair QB degrees at the door. 🤔😒

• Like 3

Gotta give the OP some props for standing up for this take, even though it’s the most ridiculous one I’ve think I’ve ever seen on this board. I mean what the heck does this even mean? No I didn’t read the justification for it because there’s nothing there.

3 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

We blitzed on that second long pass to the tight end

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Literally the one title that wartiger guy should edit and...nothing

Cancel culture is al your f d up self can come up with? 

• Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, toddc said:

Gotta give the OP some props for standing up for this take, even though it’s the most ridiculous one I’ve think I’ve ever seen on this board. I mean what the heck does this even mean? No I didn’t read the justification for it because there’s nothing there.

Well I don’t get paid for this but the CBS announcers do. and they said the same thing about Alabama defense in the secondary because of the 3 past qbs they had! So go ask them! 

Edited by eagle12
  • Haha 1

On 9/20/2021 at 11:30 AM, eagle12 said:

Could this be a lack of a very good Qb to practice against? 

The problems in the secondary are more systematic, production failure and mental.  

Playing soft zone and keeping guys in front of them is a newer concept to them and offensive coordinators have been quick to exploit the weaknesses.  Failure to get a pass rush has resulted in guys leaving gaps in the zones.  There of course have been mental break downs as well.

With these failures I do not think there is anything any QB can do to improve the mistakes and weaknesses that we have seen.  I believe the coaching staff needs to adjust to the talent that they have on the field and what they are good at and keep practicing the zone until they are more consistent in knowing their responsibilities.