Tony Franklin on Bryan Harsin

aubiefifty

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Tell us how you really feel Tony

I’m going to get hate for this . We all said the same s*** he just said last Saturday for four hours while GA state whipped our asses. Don’t wear Tony out when everyone of us said a lot of the same things . I agree with him on a few points .

Well he went quite a bit further than that. Saying Harsin is weak, he cracked, he has no backbone, is being run over by the boosters is delusional and lacks a firm grip on reality imo. I don't recall anyone saying anything close to that but I could have missed it.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

The firing squad thread wasn't even about firing anyone. It was about @DAG eating some crow. No reason to get defensive over your own hyperbole. Everyone didn't say what Franklin did. 

Point taken about the firing squad thread. Not getting defensive, just being real. Every damn person who is active on the message board said things that closely resemble what franklin said out of frustration . It’s ok to be honest man . I know you can read . 

Edited by JDUBB4AU

40 minutes ago, Zeek said:

tony-franklin-fired-137a2cfffbde7e89.thumb.jpg.da76fdeec61eea14e3a498f0e0d1c96c.jpg

This dumb **** is calling Harsin weak?

When someone has one of Kevin Trudeau's literary masterpieces in their office book collection, that really tells you all you need to know about them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IronMan70 said:

Well he went quite a bit further than that. Saying Harsin is weak, he cracked, he has no backbone, is being run over by the boosters is delusional and lacks a firm grip on reality imo. I don't recall anyone saying anything close to that but I could have missed it.

I’m not going back through that nightmare thread, maybe they were trolls . Numerous times it was said both lines sucked , secondary sucked , wrs are the worst etc ..Ga state is the better team etc. None of what I’m saying means anything. Franklin sounds really bitter and unprofessional. He should hold himself to a higher standard. The fans aren't held to the same standard . 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Franklin’s physical appearance in his time at Auburn was usually disgraceful.  He looked like he belonged in a low rent trailer park.  If Franklin knew half as much as he thinks he does, he would be employed by a major P5 program.  

While he likely had no P5 job prospects to look forward to, he just torpedoed any that were thinking about materializing.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m not going back through that nightmare thread, maybe they were trolls . Numerous times it was said both lines sucked , secondary sucked , wrs are the worst etc ..Ga state is the better team etc. None of what I’m saying means anything. Franklin sounds really bitter and unprofessional. He should hold himself to a higher standard. The fans aren't held to the same standard . 

Yes, I agree there were voluminous comments about the game and different position groups. No doubt about it. I was zeroed in on TF going past the football stuff and talking phony smack to try and go personal on Harsin. We're on the same page. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Point taken about the firing squad thread. Not getting defensive, just being real. Every damn person who is active on the message board said things that closely resemble what franklin said out of frustration . It’s ok to be honest man . I know you can read . 

Understand. I actually don't read a lot of threads that start going south if you know what I mean. I do know that some were saying people should chill and give things more time. Auburn fans had a right to be upset but I don't think any of them said it with the vitriol that Franklin spoke with. He wouldn't say that to Harsin's face but I'd love to watch if he did. 

Edited by gr82be
Spell check can't spell Harsin 🙄
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I honestly didn’t know 

When Tubs found him at Troy, he’d been washed up for a number of years.  I think he was part of Hal Mummy’s air raid O at Kentucky way before that and left the sport for a number of years bc of personal issues.  He began selling DVD’s of his no huddle meerkat offensive system, and often when you see his name on here, people will add a “TM” to the end of it.

His O was sold by Tubs as being innovative, but it sucked as he didn’t get along with the BBQ boys and couldn’t get their buy-in. He eventually got fired for freaking out at a practice..and something to do with Kodi Burns…rumor was a racial slur or a tussle happened…maybe someone can confirm.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 5

"The beginning of the end for Bryan Harsin has already begun.

That’s quite a statement, considering the man has coached a grand total of four games at Auburn.

However, the signs have already reared their ugly heads, if you subscribe to Tony Franklin’s line of reasoning."

Nevermind Tony Franklin. F%$k Mark Hiem. What a dumbass.

I’m pretty sure the headline is a bit exaggerated as didn’t really happen as reported 😅

A24A4AAE-4681-4E59-9DEB-0FC046FA32D7.jpeg

Edited by Gowebb11

Imagine him saying this to Harsin's face with both men wearing UFC gloves and all the paperwork cleared for them to fight with no restrictions or legal ramifications...

This type of stuff would get you an ass whooping where I'm from lol

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Best Tony Toni Tone Feels Good GIFs | Gfycat

Hey, Little Walter, Hey Little Walter. Loved that song!! 

Edited by WVR
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, gr82be said:

The firing squad thread wasn't even about firing anyone. It was about @DAG eating some crow. No reason to get defensive over your own hyperbole. Everyone didn't say what Franklin did. 

I am glad somebody understood. I might have to copyright Firing squad though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

When Tubs found him at Troy, he’d been washed up for a number of years.  I think he was part of Hal Mummy’s air raid O at Kentucky way before that and left the sport for a number of years bc of personal issues.  He began selling DVD’s of his no huddle meerkat offensive system, and often when you see his name on here, people will add a “TM” to the end of it.

His O was sold by Tubs as being innovative, but it sucked as he didn’t get along with the BBQ boys and couldn’t get their buy-in. He eventually got fired for freaking out at a practice..and something to do with Kodi Burns…rumor was a racial slur or a tussle happened…maybe someone can confirm.

That's crazy stuff if true. Not a surprise that he didn't fit in. Irrelevant question, but were the BBQ boys fans of Petrino and Borges?

59 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

When someone has one of Kevin Trudeau's literary masterpieces in their office book collection, that really tells you all you need to know about them.

Maybe he felt empowered because he went back and read the Tony Robbins book.

4 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Well, here's the thing. I don't think he's necessarily wrong.

I do. 

Of course he is right about some things. But he went way too far. He even said "The running backs don’t make plays in space against a good team.”'

It's easy to pile on after a terrible game. This team is not as bad as they looked Saturday and not as good as some (including me) had hoped. 

• Like 3

Interesting that TF didn’t weigh in on Gus after our OT game versus Jacksonville State. The article is very staged and so obvious. 

Edited by Gowebb11

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

He does not have a Kevin Trudeau book, does he??!! Lol!!! 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣. At least that makes sense where he gets the laughably entirely fabricated conspiracy theories. 

Edited by twilli13

2 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

He does not have a Kevin Trudeau book, does he??!! Lol!!! 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣. At least that makes sense where he gets the laughably entirely fabricated conspiracy theories. 

Check the pic, the Kevin Trudeau book is second from the top.

Wow, I hope TF does not tell us how he really feels.  Harsin may have no backbone but he has a set of stones! CGM would have never pulled BN that's a L for sure.

The best part was the breakdown of the horrific call at the end of the PSU game.  He has a valid point there.  Some of the other is a little over the top.  That said, the truth is that we don't know exactly what happened. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Wow, I hope TF does not tell us how he really feels.  Harsin may have no backbone but he has a set of stones! CGM would have never pulled BN that's a L for sure.

I have heard several people say this.  However, remind me of the time Gus actually lost to a team like 1-2 Georgia State.  It never happened.  In 2019, we beat a similar team, Kent State.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 225110.jpg

• Like 1