If LSU implodes...

Zeek

On 10/8/2021 at 6:44 PM, AURex said:

The real question is, no matter how much money is involved, who would stoop so low as to take the LSU job?

Well, he’s been on everyone’s list for years, so….

John Gruden! He’s available…

(too soon?)

• Haha 4

I live in Cincinnati.

Well known secret that UC is only a "stopping point" and not a final destination.

The only thing that kept Fickell from leaving was that his son was still in High School.

Now that his son is wrapping up his Sr season, nothing is stopping him from jumping ship.

I think locals are resigned to the fact that he probably is leaving.

Guest MustardSeed
10 minutes ago, TJRanger175 said:

I live in Cincinnati.

Well known secret that UC is only a "stopping point" and not a final destination.

The only thing that kept Fickell from leaving was that his son was still in High School.

Now that his son is wrapping up his Sr season, nothing is stopping him from jumping ship.

I think locals are resigned to the fact that he probably is leaving.

It’d be interesting to see how he does with the weekly grind of the SEC west.  Cincy has a pretty easy schedule comparatively, but then again so did Boise St. Only a VERY VERY few coaches ever successfully make that leap. But he’d probably be a good hire on paper 

Guest MustardSeed
On 10/11/2021 at 6:36 PM, 1auburn1 said:

About time to change the OP to “WHEN LSU implodes….”

And getting closer every day to “now that LSU has imploded” 

He is a devout Roman Catholic, so LSU might be an option.

Who knows if he will go to the SEC?

I know I was hoping he would get a call last year when we were searching (I loved the Harsin hire though).

USC might be a better path.

While LSU is a great job, USC has national recognition and would be an easier path to getting good recruits without having to have contacts in the south.

Even though LSU owns the state, USC could go anywhere to get recruits and you would not have to battle it out with everyone else.

That being said, I have no idea how much he favors the idea of jumping into the most competitive conference to swim with the sharks.

I know he is hyper competitive (he was probably one of the best wrestlers in history in Ohio- a state known for wrestling).

• Like 1

Almost anyone would take that job. One, it's one of the easiest jobs in the country because of the access to talent. Bama has beaten them at recruiting, but LSU is an easier place to recruit. There is no competition in state. None. But the second reason anyone would take it is much more imporant:

1. Nick Saban, Alabama -- $9.753 million
2. Ed Orgeron, LSU -- $9.012 million
3. Dabo Swinney, Clemson -- $9.508 million
4. David Shaw, Stanford -- $8.924 million
5. Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma -- $7.672 million
6. Dan Mullen, Florida -- $7.57 million
7. Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M -- $7.5 million
8. Kirby Smart, Georgia -- $7.133 million
9. James Franklin, Penn State -- $7 million
10. Ryan Day, Ohio State -- $6.614 million

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
55 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

Add LSU DB commit JaDarian Rhym to the list per Coach Cole. 

4star CB

Appears to be a headhunter on the edge blitz, plays tight man coverage, good eye for the ball, good at shooting gaps and getting past blocks to get to the ball. Looks like a solid take  

https://247sports.com/player/jadarian-rhym-46101331/

1 hour ago, God Cam It said:

Add LSU DB commit JaDarian Rhym to the list per Coach Cole. 

Would be a huge pickup if we could flip him. So we need Fla. to destroy LSU and we need to find a way to beat Arkansas.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TJRanger175 said:

While LSU is a great job, USC has national recognition and would be an easier path to getting good recruits without having to have contacts in the south.

I would think LA and California in general would be a huge negative outside of the coaching job.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Would be a huge pickup if we could flip him. So we need Fla. to destroy LSU and we need to find a way to beat Arkansas.

I like this plan ^^^^^^

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

I would think LA and California in general would be a huge negative outside of the coaching job.

Given the fires I completely agree. 

I bet LSU hires Arranda. 

The one we need to go after is Coach O!!! If we don’t and he still coaches. I guarantee we will be recruiting against him. Looking at his salary though. He may be ready to hang it up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TXaubie said:

I bet LSU hires Arranda. 

The one we need to go after is Coach O!!! If we don’t and he still coaches. I guarantee we will be recruiting against him. Looking at his salary though. He may be ready to hang it up. 

With all his off the field baggage, if he gets canned he will not be hired at any major school for at least a few years until things cool down.

4 hours ago, tinman said:

With all his off the field baggage, if he gets canned he will not be hired at any major school for at least a few years until things cool down.

First I should have been more specific. I meant as a Def. Coach. Not the head guy. I just see him going to the Saban rehab of coaches to build that clout, or uga for same reason you mentioned. 

Edited by TXaubie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TXaubie said:

First I should have been more specific. I meant as a Def. Coach. Not the head guy. I just see him going to the Saban rehab of coaches to build that clout, or uga for same reason you mentioned. 

If he goes to Saban it will not be as an on-field coach.  Maybe an analyst like Butch Jones.  Work for 4 or 5 years and then get a job as a coach somewhere.  From what I hear from relatives who live in La, there is a bunch of off field stuff that hasn't come out yet.

• Thanks 1

LSU AND Florida having down years and us getting to 9 wins could be potentially huge for this years recruiting. 

• Like 5

Coach O 'ain't going nowhere'....rather have him at LSU than bring in a coach that knows what he's doing....at least he beats up on Mullen and UF!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Coach O 'ain't going nowhere'....rather have him at LSU than bring in a coach that knows what he's doing....at least he beats up on Mullen and UF!! 

Hahaha Coach O is the new Gus. Doing JUST enough to stay there lol.

Edited by AUwent

Screenshot_20211017-122456_Twitter.thumb.jpg.cbb0926d0d4d5196f836d4151e2dedd8.jpg

I'm sure they'll hire a big name and keep most of their kids but this has to help with guys like Citizen, Talon, and Ausberry.

Time to feast on LSU recruits with lame duck coach. Also need to snag a lot of Florida talent with FSU and UF floundering right now. Strike while the iron is hot. 

• Like 1