Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Maybe if the vaccine wasn't less than a year old, and the disease itself was deadlier, then you'd have a point. I love how people making this argument always intentionally skip over THE sticking point - this vaccine skipped the testing line. That's the entire reason why people are skeptical. Like Saban (vax advocate) said, "you have to weigh what's the greater risk, the vaccine or the disease?" 

730000 dead isn't deadly? The vaccine is not just about the one. It's about those the one could kill with the selfish decision to not get vaccinated.. I find it telling that those that refuse the vaccine are the very same one refusing to wear masks. And the vaccine process for this vaccine is not 1 year old. It began many years ago with the eRly Sars outbreak. 

Edited by shabby
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 2

Guest MustardSeed

I think this has been beaten to death so I’ll conclude my thoughts with this

Harsin standing up for whatever he believes are values worth standing up for and refusing to change his mind simply because people freak out when he doesn’t bow to their pressure simply tells recruits and parents that sending their kids to Auburn will have them under the tutelage of a man who still believe in character and integrity and will raise their young men to be men who aren’t afraid to stand in the face of scrutiny instead of weak minded children who bow to pressure at first opportunity. Whether his reasons are sufficient for some or not is quite irrelevant. The fact that he stands against the crowd and refuses to bend shows a man with a backbone the likes of which most parents will respect and honor. They’ll see a man that will stand up for their kids and guide them into true men, something often severely lacking in today’s society. 
Based solely on these 2 variables…(1)continuing to stand against the crowd or (2)bowing to the pressure…I’d send my own kids to play for the first man a million times over before I’d ever even consider the second one. You may not agree with his philosophy but these types of moments are what truly shows someone’s character, and in this moment he is showing to have more than most. 
Thanks Coach Harsin for reminding us what leadership actually looks like.  

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I think this has been beaten to death so I’ll conclude my thoughts with this

Harsin standing up for whatever he believes are values worth standing up for and refusing to change his mind simply because people freak out when he doesn’t bow to their pressure simply tells recruits and parents that sending their kids to Auburn will have them under the tutelage of a man who still believe in character and integrity and will raise their young men to be men who aren’t afraid to stand in the face of scrutiny instead of weak minded children who bow to pressure at first opportunity. Whether his reasons are sufficient for some or not is quite irrelevant. The fact that he stands against the crowd and refuses to bend shows a man with a backbone the likes of which most parents will respect and honor. They’ll see a man that will stand up for their kids and guide them into true men, something often severely lacking in today’s society. 
Based solely on these 2 variables…(1)continuing to stand against the crowd or (2)bowing to the pressure…I’d send my own kids to play for the first man a million times over before I’d ever even consider the second one. You may not agree with his philosophy but these types of moments are what truly shows someone’s character, and in this moment he is showing to have more than most. 
Thanks Coach Harsin for reminding us what leadership actually looks like.  

I agree ..but you know this can be viewed differently. All parents, high school coaches and maybe a few kids may not look at it the way you have outlined. Now IDC if he gets the shot or tells a soul. But just like we have different opinions we can’t factually say every parent or recruit is going to view this the same way. Some may support his stance others may not…🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

I agree ..but you know this can be viewed differently. All parents, high school coaches and maybe a few kids may not look at it the way you have outlined. Now IDC if he gets the shot or tells a soul. But just like we have different opinions we can’t factually say every parent or recruit is going to view this the same way. Some may support his stance others may not…🤷🏽‍♂️

Notice…I never said every parent 😉

Just now, augolf1716 said:

That's not a stick numnuts

If you're still looking, I know where you can find a few sticks around here.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, e808 said:

You do know that if u are on social media or made some type of purchase online that ur privacy has been compromised with all the data collecting and sharing.  

Yes and no. That depends on a lot of things. There's varying degrees of exposure and it depends on the platform, things like platform security, encryption, data exchange protocols, who has permissions to view your information, etc. You're correct that there is a massive amount of data we put out onto the internet though. It's just a matter of if someone can access it and use it in a way we wouldn't be okay with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

Why doesn't his natural immunity count? They will not consider that, unlike some European countries. This isn't a vaccine anyway. The definition has changed to accommodate something that is no more than a therapy. It is just a hit piece on Auburn. 

Whoever told you that "this is not a vaccine" should not be a trusted source of information.

27 minutes ago, shabby said:

730000 dead isn't deadly? The vaccine is not just about the one. It's about those the one could kill with the selfish decision to not get vaccinated.. I find it telling that those that refuse the vaccine are the very same one refusing to wear masks. And the vaccine process for this vaccine is not 1 year old. It began many years ago with the eRly Sars outbreak. 

78% of those deaths are people who were overweight. If we're going to mandate vaccines, let's also mandate diet and exercise routines.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If you're still looking, I know where you can find a few sticks around here.

Well I know where I can find a lot of numnuts......need a hint???

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No its not.....link

My mom's brother's boss at work has a son that is married to a guy that is a tree expert and she said they are limbs not sticks.  By the way, he loves driving that pulp wood truck.            

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

78% of those deaths are people who were overweight. If we're going to mandate vaccines, let's also mandate diet and exercise routines.

..... and Polio just culled the herd of some of the weaker kids right?  smdh

28 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Yes because a 10 second needle prick is as intrusive as dictating what a person eats and does for a lifetime.  Im sure that stupidity made sense in your head but it's what's known as a false equivalency. 

Edited by shabby
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Serious question…. If you are vaccinated and can still get and spread the virus, who are the unvaccinated supposed to be killing?   It’s just as likely that a vaccinated person could spread it and kill just like the unvaccinated, right ?   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Serious question…. If you are vaccinated and can still get and spread the virus, who are the unvaccinated supposed to be killing?   It’s just as likely that a vaccinated person could spread it and kill just like the unvaccinated, right ?   

Logic? Really? 

Don't try it man. It goes over a lot of heads.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’m a lot younger than CBH and in decent shape, not on any medications, and that delta variant kicked my a**. So I highly doubt Harsin’s symptoms would’ve been so mild if he wasn’t vaccinated 

for as many people i know that died due to covid in fairness i know some that had it and never got sick or just barely got sick. what the difference is i have no idea. right now most of the folks getting it and or dying from it did not in fact get it. got a friend on the ol vent right now who badmouthed the vaccine and the last convo he had with a family member he said he wished he had gotten the vaxx. i am not sure right now we know enough about it to understand completely how it works yet. babies have gotten it and some have died. athletes have gotten it and some have died. we had at least one high school football player die from it. what hurts me in all this is some people could care less if they give it to you and you die. tell me what is so great about some of your neighbors dying because someone was careless. the same argument is made about masks. i hate masks with a passion but i wear one but my personal opinion is it is a stretch to say someone is having their freedom taken away because the gov wants you to try and help keep many safe as possible. to me a real patriot would want their fellow americans and neighbors etc to be as safe as possible.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

A) vaccinated people are less likely to contract, thus less likely to spread.

B ) Being vaccinated isn't a gurantee of not dying from this disease. (see Colin Powell)

C) Not everyone can get the vaccine and are at risk

D) Immunocpmpromised people are less protected and at risk

E) If we do not reach herd immunity through vaccination we risk the likilihood of variant developing that will allude the vaccine and cause millions more deaths worldwide.

F) A 2 second needle prick addressed all of the above. so inconvenient I know

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I know where I can find a lot of numnuts......need a hint???

I’ll suggest that 40 .. 50 years ago…perhaps when the Stones were launching their stellar career…you two were quite the squires of the campus.

• Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

for as many people i know that died due to covid in fairness i know some that had it and never got sick or just barely got sick. what the difference is i have no idea. right now most of the folks getting it and or dying from it did not in fact get it. got a friend on the ol vent right now who badmouthed the vaccine and the last convo he had with a family member he said he wished he had gotten the vaxx. i am not sure right now we know enough about it to understand completely how it works yet. babies have gotten it and some have died. athletes have gotten it and some have died. we had at least one high school football player die from it. what hurts me in all this is some people could care less if they give it to you and you die. tell me what is so great about some of your neighbors dying because someone was careless. the same argument is made about masks. i hate masks with a passion but i wear one but my personal opinion is it is a stretch to say someone is having their freedom taken away because the gov wants you to try and help keep many safe as possible. to me a real patriot would want their fellow americans and neighbors etc to be as safe as possible.

But you still miss the entire point…the vaccine does literally nothing to stop the spread so forcing someone to get a vaccine for the safety of others is a flat out lie that people here just can’t seem to understand for whatever reason. Vaccinated people spread the virus the same level as non vaccinated. The CDC director even went on live tv and admitted it. It’s been posted multiple times in this thread. If you want it, good. Go get it and the boosters. Me not getting it has literally zero effect on anyone so let’s stop pretending it does and that mandates are needed and move on.  …it’s time to kill this never ending debacle of a thread.