Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

Why doesn't his natural immunity count? They will not consider that, unlike some European countries. This isn't a vaccine anyway. The definition has changed to accommodate something that is no more than a therapy. It is just a hit piece on Auburn. 

Edited by Farmer Brown
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

This isn't a vaccine anyway

Damn this meme on facebook has gotten to a lot of people

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I don’t know of any nurses that are in it for the money

I do...and their work ethic and bedside abilities are awful. Then again, I used to manage a floor of them so......

2 hours ago, DAG said:

The thing is none of us know if he is vaccinated or not vaccinated . There are a lot of assumptions being made here. There is an assumption that if he was vaccinated he would share. That is not how the world works for everyone. There is the assumption that this is a distraction to our recruits and players which I think is laughable because I bet you his inner circle knows his status. The dude is probably a dang private guy. This is essentially what I get from him. As long as it doesn’t hinder the performance on the field I do not care one way or another . 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I think everybody has an opinion and everybody is emotional invested. My issue is the false claims that it is affecting X, Y, and Z. Where is the proof to that?

Like Kyrie Irving status is affecting the Brooklyn Nets because he isn’t allowed in the building and now not a part of the team. 

This is not so with CBH. It is just another piece of literature for us and ESPN to talk about. It definitely doesn’t seem like it is affecting the locker room. It seems to be affecting part of the fanbase who just wants him to tell them. Well that is their personal issue. The guy has said he is not against anyone who is vaccinated and he has bought in leaders to discuss the COVID vaccine. If he is doing all of that and not hindering others and it’s not affecting his job duties at Auburn , I honestly don’t see what the argument is about. 

pointing-that-is-correct.gif

Hand wringing and self-righteous condemnation with zero knowledge.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

L O L

59 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

travel nurses

There ya go, wife took home 60k in 6 months.

Hard to commit to the 'stay at home' mom role when they just double your salary like that :lol: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

pointing-that-is-correct.gif

Hand wringing and self-righteous condemnation with zero knowledge.

Is there any other kind of condemnation (including mine!!). Not often I would bet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Did you go to Auburn recently...any kids?  They demanded and you complied to give medical records before being able to attend.  This has been happening for many decades, it isn't now.

All HIPAA allows is Doctors/Nurses/Ins Companies can't give out your info w/out consent.  It has nothing to do with you being able to demand they stay private and no one else can see them.

The point wasn't that HIPAA protects Harsin. It was that the public isn't entitled to your medical information. 

All you need to go to AU is a measles shot and a TB test. An experimental new vaccine (for a job that doesn't really require it) is a bit different, don't you think?

That’s hilarious. I tell every nurse I know and then some you should still have passion for the patients and absolutely be for the money because you are WORTH a lot more to society than you think. Please see COVID. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, shabby said:

And yet kids have to show proof of immunizations to go to school. The military requires immunizations and flu shots, George Washington required Inoculations. Apparently you don't know history.  The only difference here is people chose to politicize Covid and put that over best medical practice. If your job requires a vaccination get the vaccination or look for a job that doesn't require it. There's your freedom. 

Maybe if the vaccine wasn't less than a year old, and the disease itself was deadlier, then you'd have a point. I love how people making this argument always intentionally skip over THE sticking point - this vaccine skipped the testing line. That's the entire reason why people are skeptical. Like Saban (vax advocate) said, "you have to weigh what's the greater risk, the vaccine or the disease?" 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Did you go to Auburn recently...any kids?  They demanded and you complied to give medical records before being able to attend.  This has been happening for many decades, it isn't now.

All HIPAA allows is Doctors/Nurses/Ins Companies can't give out your info w/out consent.  It has nothing to do with you being able to demand they stay private and no one else can see them.

What does that have to do with giving your information to the public like you are asking CBH to do?

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s hilarious. I tell every nurse I know and then some you should still have passion for the patients and absolutely be for the money because you are WORTH a lot more to society than you think. Please see COVID. 

That’s what I’m saying though.  I don’t think nurses are paid enough.  I think to be a nurse you aren’t in it for a huge paycheck.  You are in it because you love helping people, not for the money.  If they were in it for the money, they would do something more lucrative.  What I said was meant to be a complement.

12 hours ago, AU-24 said:

You know his status by him telling people none of your F&@$”#% business!

I can’t understand why anyone has a problem with it.

But I can also understand why people are interested in knowing. It comes with being a high profile figure. That’s why people want to know I guess. So u think his endgame is just to tell people to F off? 

47 minutes ago, toddc said:

What does that have to do with giving your information to the public like you are asking CBH to do?

This was in the context of a multiple post conversation about HIPAA.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

A couple things that I'm not sure everyone realizes: 

1. Nobody is saying that Harsin doesn't have a right to remain unvaccinated or keep his status private. It's just that there are costs associated with decisions. (That's a pretty popular refrain when players make certain decisions.)

2. Holding firm to one's values isn't to be celebrated in and of itself. I need not enumerate those who have held firm to their values in extremely destructive ways. Less dramatically, Gus Malzahn held firm to his beliefs about football offense. Mikey holds firm to believing that 225lb long snappers can play offensive tackle in the SEC. One got fired and another gets made fun of, and there's almost a consensus on both.

Sticking to ideas isn't noble if the ideas are ignoble. I'm not commenting on Harsin's decisions, only pointing out the logical fallacy.

Thank you! Very well stated. Harsin is truly free to do whatever he chooses regarding this issue. This really comes down to a marketing, public relations, and public perception issue. Harsin, and many of you, want to stand on the principle of privacy. I get it. As previously stated, others will use this against us. Remember, from a sales and marketing perspective we are competing for recruits with the best coach in the history of the game…and his protege. People will believe what the want. If Saban tells parents…repeatedly…we will take care of your child and have a solid plan for dealing with Covid…. Many will believe him. In the meantime they may not feel as comfortable with the lack of transparency at Auburn.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This was in the context of a multiple post conversation about HIPAA.

What does HIPAA have to do with giving your health information to the public like you’re asking CBH to do?

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

What does HIPAA have to do with giving your health information to the public like you’re asking CBH to do?

Nothing.  HIPAA doesn't apply.  That was the point.  🤷‍♂️

• Dislike 1