Brandon Strikes Again

I_M4_AU

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Plus DJT’s liability for a sexual assault and Boeberts public fondling display. Bad choices everywhere voters turn. 

I dont disagree that there are few to no 'good' politicians left.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I dont disagree that there are few to no 'good' politicians left.

I just don’t know how it got this bad. I weep for the future but remain hopeful it will get better. 

I disagree with the title. The word strike is a verb indication someone takes action. In my opinion Biden is the "do nothing president". He has had almost a 3 years to solve a migrant crisis only to let it fester to the point the media can't even ingnore it for his sake. Of course, doing nothing about inflation, is another "do nothing". He has not, and will not, do anything for the citizens of the US.

18 minutes ago, creed said:

I disagree with the title. The word strike is a verb indication someone takes action. In my opinion Biden is the "do nothing president". He has had almost a 3 years to solve a migrant crisis only to let it fester to the point the media can't even ingnore it for his sake. Of course, doing nothing about inflation, is another "do nothing". He has not, and will not, do anything for the citizens of the US.

It’s decision by indecision and it’s by design.

The original title was in reference to Joe giving each illegal alien $450,000 that was separted from their family.  This was rediculous and I am not sure how it was resolved, but I don’t think they got the money

It has since evolved into Brandon’s (Biden’s) blunders which are many.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, creed said:

That is the thing about gridlock.  It is literally impossible to  get very much done in an atmosphere that sees compromise as an evil proposition.  When Kevin McCarthy compromised for the good of the country, he was eaten by his own.  There are issues that both sides would rather have as a tool for motivating their base than they would find middle ground and make progress in solving.

Where are the health care reform ideas that the Republicans promised for so many years?  They never had a real plan.  They simply wanted to blame the other side for increased costs and use it for political points.  I hear people on the far left complain that Biden didn't get his student debt plan in place.  What do they expect him to do when there is no cooperation in the legislative branch?

Inflation has been a problem, both in the U.S. and in other countries around the world.  I don't know that there is a decision that any President can make that impacts inflation directly.  The Fed can cool the economy somewhat by raising rates, but even that decision isn't one made by a sitting President.  Consumers could impact inflation directly by changing their spending decisions, but we are so spoiled as a country that people don't even consider that option.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I hear people on the far left complain that Biden didn't get his student debt plan in place.  What do they expect him to do when there is no cooperation in the legislative branch?

I hope that's stalled forever. I limited my borrowing in college years because I understood what the word "loan" meant. It was tough, but I paid my student loans back. Those who now owe astronomical amounts should have to pay theirs back. That could be considered a part of their education that apparently they didn't get the first time around.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I hope that's stalled forever. I limited my borrowing in college years because I understood what the word "loan" meant. It was tough, but I paid my student loans back. Those who now owe astronomical amounts should have to pay theirs back. That could be considered a part of their education that apparently they didn't get the first time around.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but most schools have taken advantage of the program even moreso than the people taking the loans to begin with.  It isn't as easy as saying "you signed the paper, therefore, you pay it."   I'm good with that approach, provided that student loans are treated like every other loan and are thereby capable of being discharged in bankruptcy court, LIKE EVERY OTHER LOAN MADE. 

The vast majority of the debt incurred by those struggling is money that they never saw.  Many of them worked during school and struggled to pay rent, eat and other expenses.  They simply went to an elite school and believed that their academic achievements would make repaying the $50k plus per year tuition that they borrowed something they could do with the jobs they would have available. 

I'm just making the point that they aren't all people that borrowed huge amounts and lived off that money and now simply don't want to repay it.  It is more complicated than that.  If enough defaults exist, something will have to be done.  We don't have and won't have debtor prisons, therefore, some reasonable accommodation must be made.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but most schools have taken advantage of the program even moreso than the people taking the loans to begin with.  It isn't as easy as saying "you signed the paper, therefore, you pay it."   I'm good with that approach, provided that student loans are treated like every other loan and are thereby capable of being discharged in bankruptcy court, LIKE EVERY OTHER LOAN MADE. 

The vast majority of the debt incurred by those struggling is money that they never saw.  Many of them worked during school and struggled to pay rent, eat and other expenses.  They simply went to an elite school and believed that their academic achievements would make repaying the $50k plus per year tuition that they borrowed something they could do with the jobs they would have available. 

I'm just making the point that they aren't all people that borrowed huge amounts and lived off that money and now simply don't want to repay it.  It is more complicated than that.  If enough defaults exist, something will have to be done.  We don't have and won't have debtor prisons, therefore, some reasonable accommodation must be made.

The issue is over 60% of the country didn’t go to college. And they’d be helping foot the bill. There is a problem here - I’m just not sure that full relief is a fair solution.

Longer term, post high school education costs need to be addressed.

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's a fair and reasonable response I would think.

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I really hate the special rules for education loans. As an adult I can mess up with land, home, auto, furnishing loans and if I completely bungle it I go bankrupt. But if at 18 I do the same for education loans then I'm F'd forever.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

The issue is over 60% of the country didn’t go to college. And they’d be helping foot the bill. There is a problem here - I’m just not sure that full relief is a fair solution.

It's a problem that has steadily gotten bigger and bigger as the years have gone by. Something has to be done, just not sure what.

If nothing else I'd like to see the way the loans work going forward be changed, have 0 interest education loans, or special higher tax brackets for higher education citizens for X number of years after graduation (provided they could not outright pay tuition) 

• Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 9:31 AM, Mikey said:

The biggest mistake of these students was not considering themselves a “small business”.  Loans to “small businesses” easily forgiven without political resistance.

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2023 at 9:29 AM, Cardin Drake said:

Hasn't done any of those things--yet.  The democrats are in the process of cutting their losses and dumping the Bidens.  Newsom will be the nominee and Joe will pardon his son.  And liberals will applaud "fatherly" love and understanding.

And if none of that happens, will you admit that you were told that by people entertaining you rather than reporting actual facts?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree.

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

To me the issue is a college education was seen as the road to success.  Two generations ago parents wanted their kids to go to college to get a good job and employers, sometimes, required a college education when that type of education was not necessary to do the job.

That morphed into everybody needs a college education and the government (as often they do) gave loans for this to happen.  Instead of offering majors that required a college education (medical, engineering, law etc) majors started to appear that were dubious at best so everybody could get a *college education*.

How many people do we need with an Interprative Lesbian Dance Degree does the workplace need?  People go to college because they can without regard to the monetary investment it takes to get the degree that is absolutely worthless after they graduate.

Banks should be more concerned about how the degree they are going after will provide the employment required to pay back the loan and colleges need to be accountable for majors that will actually produce income after graduation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

So trumps been the one compared to hitler/fascists for years. Right down to wanting generals executed. Now Biden’s being compared to hitler. Can’t the maga boys come up with one original thought?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

So trumps been the one compared to hitler/fascists for years. Right down to wanting generals executed. Now Biden’s being compared to hitler. Can’t the maga boys come up with one original thought?

It’s really ingenious, it worked so well for Biden, why not use it.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ummm. You might want to read the whole context of that quote. FYI Jefferson authored the friggin anti-insurrection law.

image.thumb.png.f22fe5f13a43ee409a7c4824cc194f4d.png

• Love 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ummm. You might want to read the whole context of that quote. FYI Jefferson authored the friggin anti-insurrection law.

image.thumb.png.f22fe5f13a43ee409a7c4824cc194f4d.png

So why wasn’t it used during the summer of discontent (2020) and Jan 6th 2021, oh yeah Trump requested the National Guard but was turned down by the mayor of DC and the Dem governors didn’t want the NG deployed because they could handle the rebellion.  You guys are pitiful.

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s really ingenious, it worked so well for Biden, why not use it.

Victims

Whenever I see this thread pop back up to the top of page 1 I automatically know that Trump must have just said or done something incredibly stupid so IM4AU is trying to take his mind off of it by posting Biden memes. 

Went to see what Trump did this time and here we are. https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-ridiculed-bizarre-magnet-remarks-iowa-rally-1858420

"Think of it, magnets," Trump said. "Now all I know about magnets is this, give me a glass of water, let me drop it on the magnets, that's the end of the magnets. Why didn't they use John Deere? Why didn't they bring in the John Deere people? Do you like John Deere? I like John Deere."

(for anyone confused, water doesn't kill magnets or stop them from working. Trump has no idea what he's talking about...as usual, Trump shows that "all he knows" is either completely wrong or nothing at all) 

• Haha 1

It just underscores what an absolutely disgraceful pairing we're looking at this fall when it comes to being compos mentis.  One is a self-aggrandizing opportunist who can only belittle others with stupid nicknames, the other has been a self-aggrandizing D.C. blowhard since leisure suits were in fashion.  He didn't have as high a profile as the other for many years, so his dumbassery was not front and center most of the time...and he's operating at about 50% of his rather mediocre peak efficiency.

They were s*** candidates in 2020, and they are no less turd-like four years later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Whenever I see this thread pop back up to the top of page 1 I automatically know that Trump must have just said or done something incredibly stupid so IM4AU is trying to take his mind off of it by posting Biden memes. 

Went to see what Trump did this time and here we are. https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-ridiculed-bizarre-magnet-remarks-iowa-rally-1858420

"Think of it, magnets," Trump said. "Now all I know about magnets is this, give me a glass of water, let me drop it on the magnets, that's the end of the magnets. Why didn't they use John Deere? Why didn't they bring in the John Deere people? Do you like John Deere? I like John Deere."

(for anyone confused, water doesn't kill magnets or stop them from working. Trump has no idea what he's talking about...as usual, Trump shows that "all he knows" is either completely wrong or nothing at all) 

Comments like these are baked into the cake with Trump.  He really says some stupid stuff. I’m just pointing out Biden (Brandon) is not the intellect you might think he is.  He is lost in space.

On 12/23/2023 at 9:31 AM, Mikey said:

How much was tuition when you borrowed that money?  How much did you borrow?