Auburn vs miss state post game

Maverick.AU

Just now, WarDamnDoc said:

This loss will really take the air out of our tires.  Worried about SCAR now - feels like this team may low on motivation and in a bit of a funk.  Could end up at 6-6.  Pretty ugly all around.

I'm literally going to Columbia next week just to drink on a caboose.  Zero expectations for this crap-show.

• Haha 1

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

He really didn’t even do anything Bo hasn’t done and been defended for. We saw Bo do that same crap last week, right? And plenty of other times through the season. But he gets a pass for it. Lol. 

Who is attacking TJ? And when did Bo get a pass on it last week? Everyone was all over him. 

Coming in in that position is hard, TJ made a bad throw, but no worse than Bo has made, and had an inopportune fumble, just like Bo had. I don't blame him one bit. Theres lot of blame to go around here but none on him. 

• Like 1

Just now, AUDevil said:

Pulled Bo AFTER he started carving up that prevent D?

If it weren't health related, that decision baffles

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

TJ has still not done anything against a sec opponent to say he'd do better, I know he's the most popular guy on the team being the backup, but remember he had a drive against LSU, yet didn't deliver 

A drive. A drive. Bo has had many, many drives where he didn’t deliver, so that argument is kinda moot. If not for TJ, we are 5-5 right now with a loss to GA state. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 1

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

TJ has still not done anything against a sec opponent to say he'd do better, I know he's the most popular guy on the team being the backup, but remember he had a drive against LSU, yet didn't deliver 

We know at this point that Bo is not the guy of the future. TJ probably isn't either. I also have a bad feeling that DD doesn't fit this staff. However, TJ and DD should get some chances down the stretch so that we can see what we got. Run off two of these QB's. Bring in Geriner and a transfer and pray one can start

• Thanks 1

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

A drive. A drive. Bo has had many, many drives where he didn’t deliver, so that argument is kinda moot. 

Ahhhh only messaging when it concerns bo again I see 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think arguably every coach on the staff instead of Caddy and the TE coach should've been fired by now based on the checkboxes that Corn supposedly failed at 

Yep. It just goes to show that Corn wasn't fired for the reason that Harsin gave. I know we can't fire every coach on the staff but you can sure as hell take their clipboard and playcalling duties.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

We got to eat the L. Miss state rallied and came back . Kudos to the pirate .

man I can’t wait to see the fights that are about to occur. Everyone stay safe. It’s going to be interesting what the coaching staff will do going forward. Unfortunately wasn’t able to see the game. 

Watch the first half. Kobe looked great. JJohnson did too. Then cut it off. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Seriously, though ... how does the offense screw up this badly in the second half ... AGAIN?

We went 6 quarters without a TD. Played great. and then s*** the bed again. Harsin better rip into some players and coaches this week.

Mentally WEAK. No consistency. Inability to pull it together after mistakes/losing momentum. When things are going well we play to our potential. When a few things go bad we cave in and don't recover. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

I can’t remember a worse loss in my lifetime. 49-0 bammer in 2012 doesn’t even really compare. 

The natty loss, the 2014 A&M L and the 63-21 game vs 2012 Manziel are in my top 3 

This is more embarrassing than the natty loss though. That was just depressing

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

No he hasn't. He did do something against a team that Bo wasn't doing anything against though.  I just think it's possible to not dislike the guy because he's a back up to Bo

But as far as the o line point I just feel like it's very different to just say look at him behind the o line when he doesn't have a running game to help and everybody knows what he's going to do and the d line gets to pin their ears back and don't have any hesitation at all

4 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

He really didn’t even do anything Bo hasn’t done and been defended for. We saw Bo do that same crap last week, right? And plenty of other times through the season. But he gets a pass for it. Lol. 

Not saying he gets a pass I was just simply stating that he shouldn't have been put in that situation in the first place. If we were going to put TJ in we should have done it in the third quarter or at the beginning of the 4th not putting him in a dumpster fire trying to get him to do something That's not fair to TJ.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Bo was fine today.  Refs, coaching decisions, and no oline.  Bo had over 400 passing if you count that lateral 

That lateral throw was beautiful. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

This will be talk of CFB all week for the great job Leach did, and the worst collapse for 2021 season to date by any team! 
We will get tons of pub for all the WRONG reasons. 

It’s the worst collapse in Auburn football history. Auburn has never been up by 25 and lost. 

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Before the season, lots of us, myself included, said we wouldn't judge the season just by the number of losses, but the type of losses. I have to say scoring 3 points in a game and giving up a 25 point lead at home are very, very bad losses. In back to back weeks. 

This is a good post. I was about to make something similar about trying to not judge a coaches 1st year and trying to find seasonal improvement, etc.

We've got some bad losses, bad schemes, out coached a decent bit, little improvement. 

Who has gotten better besides WRs? Maybe Bo at times. But neither have been consistent. 

• Thanks 1

Game management from Harsin, Bobo, and Mason was pure trash today.  All three deserve the "Sonny on Carlo" treatment this afternoon.

Players kept making too many stupid mistakes, especially on defense.  Gifted MSU first down after first down thanks to dumb penalties.

Worst loss that I can remember since I've started watching AU football.

• Like 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

Not saying he gets a pass I was just simply stating that he shouldn't have been put in that situation in the first place. If we were going to put TJ in we should have done it in the third quarter or at the beginning of the 4th not putting him in a dumpster fire trying to get him to do something That's not fair to TJ.

For sure. I’m agreeing with you. Terrible spot to be in. I don’t understand why they even took bo out. He was doing fine. 

• Like 1

May or may not have affected the final outcome, but the “targeting” call against Moultry was EASILY one of the WORST calls I have EVER seen! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm not going to argue and I know how you feel but tj came in cold in the situation where EVERYBODY knows he's going to pass. It's a little different. D line just pinned their ears back and attacked

Well that's certainly true but if he was the better QB he'd be the starter. I'd be all for that if he was the stronger talent.. I'm not locked in to either guy. I don't dislike TJ in any way. I just believe TJ is a back-up for very good reasons. I'd love for him to come in and play well and be a leader on offense. That would be awesome. 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The natty loss, the 2014 A&M L and the 63-21 game vs 2012 Manziel are in my top 3 

This is more embarrassing than the natty loss though. That was just depressing

Not football but that Final Four loss will always be the worst for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

My comment was people wanting to bash bo, and then wow, TJ looked really similar behind that OL

No I get that, my comment wasn't directed at necessarily anybody just saying TJ shouldn't be blamed for what happened. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

No he hasn't. He did do something against a team that Bo wasn't doing anything against though.  I just think it's possible to not dislike the guy because he's a back up to Bo

But as far as the o line point I just feel like it's very different to just say look at him behind the o line when he doesn't have a running game to help and everybody knows what he's going to do and the d line gets to pin their ears back and don't have any hesitation at all

Hang on, I could swear you were on team "we need to work off the run" about 2 hours ago. 

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

We got to eat the L. Miss state rallied and came back . Kudos to the pirate .

man I can’t wait to see the fights that are about to occur. Everyone stay safe. It’s going to be interesting what the coaching staff will do going forward. Unfortunately wasn’t able to see the game. 

Give Moo state credit . Second half effort by the staff and players was disgusting. I have said some terrible things today. I need to back away 

• Like 1