Auburn vs miss state post game

Maverick.AU

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

People are talking about Bo? After that game? Seriously?

Yeah, because he was hurt a majority of the second half. It's not on Bo but the coaches shouldn't have had him in the game. Or at the very least shouldn't be calling rollouts with him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Yes he played in the LSU game. 

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

He has one series against lsu 

I'm sure that was a throw away series like today?

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

The most mind numbing part of it was that it came from the booth and not the field. That call literally changed the momentum at the tail end. 

Yes it did. 

4 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

A dark day for Auburn football.  We might as well to have kept Gus.  Offense quit and defense gave out.  Same story as last year.  A horrible coaching job.  Someone started a post last week about whether we had improved ourselves with the coaching change and I said the jury was still out because Gus usually managed to have a totally baffling loss like the South Carolina debacle last year.  Well, the jury just came in.  Up 28 - 3 in the second quarter and laid the biggest egg egg ever.  A total embarrassment.  

We saw Gus do something as bad at LSU with a much better team. I know what we had with Gus 7-5. No thanks. We need better everything right now. We at least got that LSU monkey off our back. That performance was all around bad though

Edited by Randman5000

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Shouldn't have been playing if he was gimpy from the start. I'm never a fan of trotting out injured QBs in college. You recruit backups for a reason. Play them, let them get experience, and you don't have the possibility of getting someone hurt even further.

I can understand that thought, 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I'm sure that was a throw away series like today?

No it was in the first half to give us a kind of a spark it was the third series. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Saban blew a 24 pt lead once too.

Coaches were crap today, but I'm not jumping off the ship because of today.

I´m not jumping off the AU ship but I am really getting disgusted with college football in general because of the rule changes, particularly with targeting. The targeting call against #99 was just a travesty and had a major impact on the outcome of the game.

• Like 5

Just now, Barnacle said:

What a loss

Epically pathetic.  Game planning on both sides after half.  Special teams execution again for the 10th game in a row.  Offensive play calling in the 2nd half was questionable.  OL and DL are both ineffective.  It's a complete embarrassment to lose to MSU ever but it's next level to lose in the fashion we lost today.  I lost a little confidence in Harsin after this one.

3 minutes ago, wcware said:

The entire football forum seems to be a microcosm of our society today. You can’t blame this loss on anyone in particular. If you have played sports you know that’s not how it works. For the most part Bo was effective until Miss St figured out he was not very mobile. I don’t know if any of you noticed he was limping on the first drive of the day. They figured this out and put more pressure on him and we all know that is when he is at his worst. I honestly have no idea how you expect to win on defense if you only rush 3 but can’t generate pressure with those 3. There are so many other aspects to it and I’m not spending more time typing this post out. This was as team loss( as most are). We are not near as good as many think. We are weak up front on both sides of the ball. Winning is very hard in this league like that. That will not be fixed next year and possibly not even the year after on offense. This is of course all my opinion. War Eagle guys

Everyone on this board , staff , players , we all took a s*** today . All of us are to blame . 

Just now, W.E.D said:

This is a good post. I was about to make something similar about trying to not judge a coaches 1st year and trying to find seasonal improvement, etc.

We've got some bad losses, bad schemes, out coached a decent bit, little improvement. 

Who has gotten better besides WRs? Maybe Bo at times. But neither have been consistent. 

I'm trying not to make any judgements right after this game. I was the guy telling everyone to get on board with Harsin after Ole Miss. 

But we have to be honest here, too. These losses are almost historically bad. 3 points in a game for the first time since 2012. Giving up 40 unanswered points.

• Like 2

Just now, autiger88 said:

No it was in the first half to give us a kind of a spark it was the third series. 

Ah that's right

7 minutes ago, lala said:

I say it’s a lack of ability to run the ball but don’t disagree that we r mentally weak.  

And WHY do we lack the ability to run the ball consistently? The answers are multiple. Because we struggle to consistently do ANYTHING. One group does well and another falls apart. Then they trade off. 

Just now, Dan-0 said:

I´m not jumping off the AU ship but I am really getting disgusted with college football in general because of the rule changes, particularly with targeting. The targeting call against #99 was just a travesty and had a major impact on the outcome of the game.

That targeting was 🐂 💩

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

I'm not sure about tj myself. But I am very big on everything being fair. I tend to think tj would've gotten more playing time if he showed it in practice

Yeah I agree with you on the fairness.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Nobody dislikes the guy Bc of bo, people grow tired of the bo bashing, yet the backup is the most popular guy. Bo really didn't have the running game to lean on in the second half either. Why do we blow a 28-3 lead? Bc of bo?

You had one guy in the thread that made a stupid comment about Bo. He didn't get bashed. And yes Bo had the threat of a running game whenever he's played. When you are in a game where because of time everybody knows you have to pass that's not even a comparison.

I don't think anybody has offered an opinion that we lost because of Bo. 

Many of you all that's how do I say....very aggressive to anybody saying anything negative of Bo were very quick with the that's why tj doesn't play post. That's why a conversation was started as far as Bo and tj

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Everyone on this board , staff , players , we all took a s*** today . All of us are to blame . 

Not me, I’m the back up fan. I’ll get my chance one day

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Yeah, because he was hurt a majority of the second half. It's not on Bo but the coaches shouldn't have had him in the game. Or at the very least shouldn't be calling rollouts with him.

That’s fair 

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

I'm trying not to make any judgements right after this game. I was the guy telling everyone to get on board with Harsin after Ole Miss. 

But we have to be honest here, too. These losses are almost historically bad. 3 points in a game for the first time since 2012. Giving up 40 unanswered points.

Hope Ole Miss wasn't a bit of fools gold. They were decimated on offense with injuries and we really s*** the bed in the 2H on offense 

• Like 1