Auburn vs miss state post game

Maverick.AU

Just now, cole256 said:

No he hasn't. He did do something against a team that Bo wasn't doing anything against though.  I just think it's possible to not dislike the guy because he's a back up to Bo

But as far as the o line point I just feel like it's very different to just say look at him behind the o line when he doesn't have a running game to help and everybody knows what he's going to do and the d line gets to pin their ears back and don't have any hesitation at all

Nobody dislikes the guy Bc of bo, people grow tired of the bo bashing, yet the backup is the most popular guy. Bo really didn't have the running game to lean on in the second half either. Why do we blow a 28-3 lead? Bc of bo?

• Like 3

A dark day for Auburn football.  We might as well to have kept Gus.  Offense quit and defense gave out.  Same story as last year.  A horrible coaching job.  Someone started a post last week about whether we had improved ourselves with the coaching change and I said the jury was still out because Gus usually managed to have a totally baffling loss like the South Carolina debacle last year.  Well, the jury just came in.  Up 28 - 3 in the second quarter and laid the biggest egg egg ever.  A total embarrassment.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Mentally WEAK. No consistency. Inability to pull it together after mistakes/losing momentum. When things are going well we play to our potential. When a few things go bad we cave in and don't recover. 

I say it’s a lack of ability to run the ball but don’t disagree that we r mentally weak.  

Was this a classic example of how NOT to defend a Mike Leach offense? Obviously, bend-but-don´t-break does not always work against the Air Raid, especially when the D-line can´t get pressure and the QB has the hot hand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Game management from Harsin, Bobo, and Mason was pure trash today.  All three deserve the "Sonny on Carlo" treatment this afternoon.

Players kept making too many stupid mistakes, especially on defense.  Gifted MSU first down after first down thanks to dumb penalties.

Worst loss that I can remember since I've started watching AU football.

Not ready for prime time coaching ....

• Like 1

The entire football forum seems to be a microcosm of our society today. You can’t blame this loss on anyone in particular. If you have played sports you know that’s not how it works. For the most part Bo was effective until Miss St figured out he was not very mobile. I don’t know if any of you noticed he was limping on the first drive of the day. They figured this out and put more pressure on him and we all know that is when he is at his worst. I honestly have no idea how you expect to win on defense if you only rush 3 but can’t generate pressure with those 3. There are so many other aspects to it and I’m not spending more time typing this post out. This was as team loss( as most are). We are not near as good as many think. We are weak up front on both sides of the ball. Winning is very hard in this league like that. That will not be fixed next year and possibly not even the year after on offense. This is of course all my opinion. War Eagle guys

• Like 5

Just now, GoAU said:

May or may not have affected the final outcome, but the “targeting” call against Moultry was EASILY one of the WORST calls I have EVER seen! 

Oh, it was so bad. Calls into question not only the implementation of the rule, but the ability of the refs to have fair judgment. State’s no-target was far worse. Moultry wasn’t even targeting. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No he hasn't. He did do something against a team that Bo wasn't doing anything against though.  I just think it's possible to not dislike the guy because he's a back up to Bo

Has TJ even played in an SEC game before today??? No one should be bale to judge TJ on today, would be ridiculous to do so

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

For sure. I’m agreeing with you. Terrible spot to be in. I don’t understand why they even took bo out. He was doing fine. 

Oh I agree completely This was on Bobo today not on anybody else and it's been like this all season he can only do one half of football where he calls a great game and it's f****** pissing me off. IMO

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Well that's certainly true but if he was the better QB he'd be the starter. I'd be all for that if he was the stronger talent.. I'm not locked in to either guy. I don't dislike TJ in any way. I just believe TJ is a back-up for very good reasons. I'd love for him to come in and play well and be a leader on offense. That would be awesome. 

I'm not sure about tj myself. But I am very big on everything being fair. I tend to think tj would've gotten more playing time if he showed it in practice

Just now, W.E.D said:

Has TJ even played in an SEC game before today??? No one should be bale to judge TJ on today, would be ridiculous to do so

At Auburn, no.  At LSU, several times.

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yes he played in the LSU game. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

He has one series against lsu 

Just now, wcware said:

The entire football forum seems to be a microcosm of our society today. You can’t blame this loss on anyone in particular. If you have played sports you know that’s not how it works. For the most part Bo was effective until Miss St figured out he was not very mobile. I don’t know if any of you noticed he was limping on the first drive of the day. They figured this out and put more pressure on him and we all know that is when he is at his worst. I honestly have no idea how you expect to win on defense if you only rush 3 but can’t generate pressure with those 3. There are so many other aspects to it and I’m not spending more time typing this post out. This was as team loss( as most are). We are not near as good as many think. We are weak up front on both sides of the ball. Winning is very hard in this league like that. That will not be fixed next year and possibly not even the year after on offense. This is of course all my opinion. War Eagle guys

Shouldn't have been playing if he was gimpy from the start. I'm never a fan of trotting out injured QBs in college. You recruit backups for a reason. Play them, let them get experience, and you don't have the possibility of getting someone hurt even further.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He had that one series against LSU I think

• Like 1

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

Oh, it was so bad. Calls into question not only the implementation of the rule, but the ability of the refs to have fair judgment. State’s no-target was far worse. Moultry wasn’t even targeting. 

The most mind numbing part of it was that it came from the booth and not the field. That call literally changed the momentum at the tail end. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Not ready for prime time coaching ....

Saban blew a 24 pt lead once too.

Coaches were crap today, but I'm not jumping off the ship because of today.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm not going to argue and I know how you feel but tj came in cold in the situation where EVERYBODY knows he's going to pass. It's a little different. D line just pinned their ears back and attacked

I completely agree on the bad situation that he was placed under but go back and watch the play from the end zone shot.   He could have stepped up left in the pocket and taken off or bought more time to throw.   Instead, he stepped backwards and the rest was bad.   

This game was Jekyll and Hyde.   Didn’t want to believe it, but I thought that the missed opportunity before halftime was going to hurt.   Didn’t like that the defense lined up, for the most part, in the exact same formation for every play.   After they scored on the first drive after halftime, I knew it was going to be a close game or possibly a lose.   

No player should be judged after playing two plays, not even if one of them was a fumble. Bo tried to keep playing hurt. In hindsight, he probably have been pulled sooner.

He played in plenty last year. I mean we picked him off what 3 times?