Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

Auburn needs leadership and confidence.  Maybe that will come with time.  Harsin needs to step it up and stop trying to analyze everything.  He also needs to replace some of his staff with coaches who know how to win, or at least know how to finish strong..  I sure hope Harsin  doesn't turn out to be Auburn's version of Mike Shula.  Time will tell.

I am a "just win, baby" type of guy and even I do not want Kiffin.  First of all, he is overrated as an overall HC.  (There's more to it than being a good OC).  Kiffin makes stupid decisions on game day and doesn't even listen to his own analytics guy.  His crootin' doesn't seem to be all that either.

I am happy with Harsin. I think he has all the coaching chops, he just needs to up his crootin' game.  I don't, however, think this class will be as bad as people think.  I am very happy with some of the recruits he's snagged so far.  We just need more of them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Kiffin makes stupid decisions on game day and doesn't even listen to his own analytics guy. 

I can't imagine the meltdown on this site if he were our coach and went for it on 4th every time leaving so many points on the field.  Good gracious, he's terrible at that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

you do not think matt playing hurt had anything to do with it? plus the time lost getting checked out? they might be minor points but they did contribute.

My point was one of principle. Let’s fire our HC for losing a huge lead and replace him with Kiffin who our guy just beat because of poor decision making (4th down decisions instead of taking points) Ironic I think. The whole subject is hypothetical. I just want AU to finish strong and carry some momentum into the bowl game. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I counted three in MSU game.   Auburn recovered all three but it’s putting it on the ground way too much 

Gotcha

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

He is extremely connected to the football program but was run off a few years ago by dumb posters that only come around when we lose.  No one you would even know.

*used to be extremely connected.

43 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Kiffin makes stupid decisions on game day and doesn't even listen to his own analytics guy. 

I’m afraid Kiffin is becoming the new Urban. He looks like he is really unhappy a lot. Almost a depressed look. I don’t see him ever staying in one place long. 

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

It was pretty rough, not just some disagreements.  Like really going after him.  We also had other great posters run off like lionheartkc.  I don't know if you were here yet or not, but it was similar to how JMR almost left this forum for good due to some idiots.

man I had forgotten that name LionheartKC.  I have been around since AuburnEagle so these names are all very familiar.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

He is still posting, but on the donor-side.  Posted today actually regarding Davis.

Hold up, I totally forgot about the donor forums... as a law student I was not able to throw dough at this site but now that I am about to graduate and practice I could if its worth it. I have been posting alot lately with in depth analysis of scheme but it doesn't get much traction on the free side.  Is the donor side worth the money?

4 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Sorry, couldn’t resist. :) 

I mean, donor, donate... it's not a huge jump in logic...

4 hours ago, keesler said:

Player/talent evaluations on the Auburn roster was not '23's strong suit yrs ago.  And with his Hunter vs Tank evaluation it appears it's still not his forte. 

also with his "tank is underutilized" analysis. Like... homeslice our Oline is trash and teams are stacking the box against us.  You HAVE to pass the ball when that happens. Running tank with a bad oline into a box with 9 men with the 10th man hanging just outside the box is not gonna be productive.  So yeah he is gonna be slightly underutilized bc of what the opposing defensive scheme is showing us.

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hold up, I totally forgot about the donor forums... as a law student I was not able to throw dough at this site but now that I am about to graduate and practice I could if its worth it. I have been posting alot lately with in depth analysis of scheme but it doesn't get much traction on the free side.  Is the donor side worth the money?

I don’t donate for the inside info, I just do it to help this forum.  I am a part of a few non-Auburn related forums and this one is the best run.  It is also up to date technologically.  I want to help the forum out to keep ads away as much as I have enjoyed it here.  Inside info definitely is a plus though.  Much less drama too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I was ok with Harsin until State cane back 25 in 2nd half and Harsin watched it happen and couldnt stop, adjust, or make any coaching decisions to slow it down. Tank is not hurt also im js ive seen people say that but it isnt the case.

No Tank isn't hurt. He just hasn't had much space to run and when there is a gap he hasn't been the best at finding it especially early in the year.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Offense plays a huge role in that as well. Playing an offense like that, especially a d line without any depth. You have to sustain drives. You have to keep them from speeding the game up. The run game was the biggest weapon we held and we let it go

We didn't let it go, I believe Moo state took it away from us by putting 9-10 in the box when Bo got hurt in the 3rd quarter

Guest MustardSeed
12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

No Tank isn't hurt. He just hasn't had much space to run and when there is a gap he hasn't been the best at finding it especially early in the year.

Tank was hurt and got better. He was “banged up” and I’m pretty sure it was discussed on the Auburn radio network. He wasn’t banged up for the last game that we are aware of though. And you’re right, he has had nowhere to run. When your O Line can pass block decent but can’t run block to save their own lives then you tend to be forced to pass a lot. That actually IS good coaching. Running in that scenario would cripple our own team. Most people on here have discussed this many times and it’s basically become near a general consensus. 23 is just seeing a tiny part of an issue and misplacing the blame. 

15 minutes ago, Didba said:

We didn't let it go, I believe Moo state took it away from us by putting 9-10 in the box when Bo got hurt in the 3rd quarter

They did that adjustment before Bo was hurt. I feel it's on the coaches to do something to control pace

3 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

. Throw hand grenades at the current FIRST YEAR staff and promote throwing crazy money at one of the guys the current staff beat handily to replace him?

Except that we have set precedent before with that one. Bowden beat Tuberville in our glorious 3-8 season and what did we do? We hired Tuberville and left his pine box in Oxford. 

Don't ever think we can't out- Auburn ourselves. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Throw ten million per year at Kiffin after season ends see what happens. Before this causes an eruption i will explain my thoughts.

So to get to this point, I would assume we would have fired the current staff for at worse a .500 in their first year on the Plains

For the sake of discussion, I’ll play along.

How can firing a coach one year into his tenure be a positive for Auburn?

What success has Lane Kiffin had that demands a top 5 salary?

What do you say to any recruit that is considering Auburn at this point?

Edited by Tiger Refuge
Wording
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They did that adjustment before Bo was hurt. I feel it's on the coaches to do something to control pace

even when Bo isn't hurt if they have 9-10 guys in the box its gonna be tough between the tackles, maybe they should have worked the perimeter more but we did attack that as well with the 12 personnel, I agree with you something different needed to be done, not sure what.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Except that we have set precedent before with that one. Bowden beat Tuberville in our glorious 3-8 season and what did we do? We hired Tuberville and left his pine box in Oxford. 

Yeah, and the US set some precedent in Dred Scott v Sanford*** as well...

Edited by Didba
I really am the dumbest smart guy I know, thanks Mikey
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Not even close. 23 is suggesting firing the current staff at seasons end. After ONE year. ONE. The is no comparison here.

9 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Throw ten million per year at Kiffin after season ends see what happens. Before this causes an eruption i will explain my thoughts.

Honestly, I hope this is satire or you have had a few too many.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Yeah, and the US set some precedent in Dred v Scott as well...

Dred vs? Scott. 

9 hours ago, Didba said:

Honestly, I hope this is satire or you have had a few too many.

Yeah, I’m afraid it’s not satire. It’s supposed to be some sort of hot opinion(take)?

I would genuinely love for anyone that would even consider this option to tell me how recruits would be sold on Auburn if this happened? He has literally either been fired or walked away from every head coaching job he has had.

Z-E-R-O stability. 

But hey, he has cute pressers and a nice Twitter account.

I guess.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
Dumb spells
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AcUmen said:

I am a "just win, baby" type of guy and even I do not want Kiffin.  First of all, he is overrated as an overall HC.  (There's more to it than being a good OC).  Kiffin makes stupid decisions on game day and doesn't even listen to his own analytics guy.  His crootin' doesn't seem to be all that either.

I am happy with Harsin. I think he has all the coaching chops, he just needs to up his crootin' game.  I don't, however, think this class will be as bad as people think.  I am very happy with some of the recruits he's snagged so far.  We just need more of them.

May you be right. Agbo looks OU bound. If we could just sign one between him, Williams, Rhym, Ausberry, Woody, or Woodyard, that would be great. I have doubts of course. Can SOMETHING good happen for our program this month?!

Edited by AUwent