Gus would of had a play on the 3rd and 2 .

eagle12

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

BH will end with a better record against Saban . I bet Saban retires soon because he senses what is coming.

I do believe that you are on course with this. He is or close to 70 ( no disrespect to anyone 70 or past ) and his coordinators are not hot commodities right now. I honestly believe that Georgia is going to embarrass the living hell out of them. Auburn damn sure scared the hell out him last night. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I do believe that you are on course with this. He is or close to 70 ( no disrespect to anyone 70 or past ) and his coordinators are not hot commodities right now. I honestly believe that Georgia is going to embarrass the living hell out of them. Auburn damn sure scared the hell out him last night. 

Did you notice how shaken he was at half time when they interviewed him? He was visibly and audibly shaken up—he was shaking and couldn’t get words out. I like that version of Saban, and I like that we did that to him. He lost that game and the world knows it. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Did you notice how shaken he was at half time when they interviewed him? He was visibly and audibly shaken up—he was shaking and couldn’t get words out. I like that version of Saban, and I like that we did that to him. He lost that game and the world knows it. 

The question seemed to catch him flat-footed: "Coach, what happened?" He only won a battle of attrition with a deeper bench, not with inherently-greater motivation or skill. Yeah, he won't have the energy to keep this up much longer. Amazing what he has been able to do in the controlled environment Alabama constructed around him and being able to control everything. He has to be thinking about going out with that legacy before his 'coverage breaks down' and one of those redneck boosters or staffers get him burned, and loses that legacy (outside this state). Auburn just needs to stay stable and keep building, then pass the old guy with his blinker on for the last 10 miles. Maybe that doesn't transpire, but an Auburn in perpetual turmoil can seize no opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, eagle12 said:

Just a feeling about that? But that’s a game ending that would of been right up his alley!

If Gus was running the show, we would have had Grant Loy QBing the offense after Bo went down. Somehow Loy and Gus would have had us at negative points at that point of the game. JMO

2 hours ago, Auburn Tiger said:

yes sir I did. He was worried. Even during the on field interview post game he was worried. He knew how close he and his team came to being whipped.  In the back of his mind all he could see was bowl cut ripping his depends off next week.  He sho nuff going to need that Aflac policy. Wonder if he has a blue robe and house shoes?

Edited by Hay Field 101
misspell
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Let's stop with this Gus junk already. We woulda been down 35-3. He gone. Finished. Done. And stinkin it up where he is now.

5 hours ago, AURealist said:

The devotion to the memory of Gus Malzahn on this site is as disturbing as it is sad.   

Get some help.  

Concur...Gus just lost his premier QB to the portal last night:   He passed for over 6,000 yds his first two yrs in college and had a crazy TD:int ratio.  This kid put his name in the portal within 24 hrs of  Friday's win.   He could see Gus can't coordinate an offense.  

Pls stop the love fest for a past coach who got fired.    Gus represented Auburn well and won a few big games and lost way more than his fair share with better talent.   I am positive Doug Barfield could have had some plays that might work also...maybe I could have also (well, probably not, but I think I could have...hahaha) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

...Gus just lost his premier QB to the portal last night:   He passed for over 6,000 yds his first two yrs in college and had a crazy TD:int ratio.  This kid put his name in the portal within 24 hrs of  Friday's win. 

Has he been picked up yet?!?  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

This was us during Gus' last few years.....My all time favorite....

Pat_Morita.gif

So applicable

6 hours ago, eagle12 said:

Just a feeling about that? But that’s a game ending that would of been right up his alley!

Come on now,. You do know that Malzahn would not have gotten us into overtime? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

This was us during Gus' last few years.....My all time favorite....

Pat_Morita.gif

Heh.  This is me right now.  Somebody convince we're not in for 5 more years of JABA mediocrity.  

6 hours ago, eagle12 said:

He would have called a JJ Pegues Wildcat, and it would have gone very badly.

• Like 1

Gus' play would have been either a dive play for no gain, a wide receiver screen of some sort, that would have been blown up, or an attempt at a 50 yard bomb, in which Finley would have been sacked. Maybe the Cox cat, more commonly known as the whirly bird, would also have been an option, in which we would have lost yardage. All of this would have been full of "eye candy", and pre-snap movements, to try and deceive the bammer defense, on something they have seen for 7 years, because the personnel package would have been an instant give-away. And, it would have all been done real fast, or NASCAR. The sugar huddle might have also been used. The result would have led to a nose pick and a britches pull up, with a quick glance up to the Jumbotron, all while chewing gum. The post game interview would consist of, we had a good practice this week, and we just didn't execute. Also, "we will get better", will be sprinkled in there, as well, with a few "I'm proud of our players".

Edited by Farmer Brown
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

Money bags gon'' crutin'.

I don't know, but honestly, I doubt he makes a decision without visiting some programs.  He is a junior with great upside.   Auburn needs some OL and WR help from the portal and some QB development.  Not sure we want another QB.   Our QB play ( either QB ) will improve dramatically if we can get some consistent OL play.  

I was looking for Shivers on the sweep and then turning it up and knocking someone's helmet off...that would've been a great 3 and 2 play...

• Like 1

Gus is no longer the HC at Auburn. To move forward you have to let go of the past.