Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Updated a bunch of information including Tennison & Nix's transfer locations as well as our 2022 signees and Hamm to the NFL.

Still have Miller leaving...has this been posted anywhere?  He should have an extra year

He graduated from JUCO in 2018 with 3 to play 2

17/18 Juco with 3 to play 2

19 Redshirt
20 West Va
21 Sr year
22 Covid Extra year?

Reference
https://auburntigers.com/sports/football/roster/dreshun-miller/17626

Edited by W.E.D

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. Seems like he had the kind of season where he produced and we'd really want him back, but not so amazing of a season that he's going to be a high pick. I dunno, maybe he's hearing something different. Either way, I agree, we'll miss him. 

Fair is out of eligibility.  This was his 6th year

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Still have Miller leaving...has this been posted anywhere?  He should have an extra year

19 Redshirt
20 West Va
21 Sr year
22 Covid Extra year?

Reference

I'll update him

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'll update him

Hope he gets a lot of PT in the bowl game & takes over for Rodger next year.  He was our "top" transfer.

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

Appreciate it. Hopefully those that like to bait the traps will likewise take the more mature approach.

I have a rule that seems to help me state my opinion back it up twice if somebody disagrees with me then stop the conversation. That prevents it from going to far.  I had one exception and that was a basket ball poster that eventually got banned he was so anti-auburn.  Even there I should have either blocked him or followed my own rule. 

Now Back to original topic.

Bird you mentioned you thought that the 85 Rule is not valid this year because of Covid players I know that was the case this past year but are you sure that is the case this year?

11 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I have a rule that seems to help me state my opinion back it up twice if somebody disagrees with me then stop the conversation. That prevents it from going to far.  I had one exception and that was a basket ball poster that eventually got banned he was so anti-auburn.  Even there I should have either blocked him or followed my own rule. 

Now Back to original topic.

Bird you mentioned you thought that the 85 Rule is not valid this year because of Covid players I know that was the case this past year but are you sure that is the case this year?

Nope, definitely not sure.  Every day is different now it seems

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mah0020 said:

Not sure if this was ever posted, but this was from a few days ago:

This one is confusing. He was in line for some playing time this year. He must not have been putting in the "work, hard work"

On 11/28/2021 at 9:42 AM, Zeek said:

Updated the OP with Nathan King's article.

Easier to view what we're gaining and losing by position.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Updated the OP with Nathan King's article.

Easier to view what we're gaining and losing by position.

I think Smoke is being smart with his options. Good for him to consider coming back, he could use 1 more year in this system to increase his stock

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I think Smoke is being smart with his options. Good for him to consider coming back, he could use 1 more year in this system to increase his stock

I have mentioned it before but NIL opportunities have to make it easier for players to exhaust their eligibility. It is a lot easier to stay at Auburn if I can pull in around 100k in sponsorship deals. Is it as much as the NFL? No, but you're talking guaranteed money vs possible money. Most of us would take that safe bet as long as possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I have mentioned it before but NIL opportunities have to make it easier for players to exhaust their eligibility. It is a lot easier to stay at Auburn if I can pull in around 100k in sponsorship deals. Is it as much as the NFL? No, but you're talking guaranteed money vs possible money. Most of us would take that safe bet as long as possible.

If I were Smoke, I'd be hitting up the "cbd" industry for NIL

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

If Smoke came back, I think it may be a mistake, I am not so sure he would win the starting job next year.

Disagree. He has his flaws in coverage but he was a lot better this year and was often the satellite aligning the other DBs this season. His run support and blitzing off the edge make him incredibly valuable. Who do you think starts above him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Who do you think starts above him?

The secondary is going to have a lot of flex to it this spring/summer. A lot of talent to compete against. I'm excited about it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The secondary is going to have a lot of flex to it this spring/summer. A lot of talent to compete against. I'm excited about it

It's definitely going to be a deep group and we're getting taller/longer intentionally.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Disagree. He has his flaws in coverage but he was a lot better this year and was often the satellite aligning the other DBs this season. His run support and blitzing off the edge make him incredibly valuable. Who do you think starts above him?

Lots of moving pieces back there.  Puckett could move to his role.  Improvement from Kaufman and Reed Jr.  Then all the new guys, especially Gilbert have a good chance.  Wooden(not likely this year) has deep safety written all over him.  Lots of high football IQ players added to the secondary.  Smoke did a good ob for us and he is likely a late draft pick.  Being a year older next year in the draft will get him drafted right where he will this year, it will hurt him.  

• Like 2

On 11/28/2021 at 9:42 AM, Zeek said:

CURRENT SCHOLARSHIP PLAYERS FOR 2022

• Kilian Zierer (senior)

• Brenden Coffey (senior)

• Kam Stutts (senior)

• Jalil Irvin (redshirt junior)

• Keiondre Jones (redshirt sophomore)

• Avery Jernigan (redshirt sophomore)

• Tate Johnson (redshirt sophomore)

• Colby Smith (redshirt freshman)

• Garner Langlo (redshirt freshman)

• Eston Harris (freshman)

2 per position? Obviously we're fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

2 per position? Obviously we're fine.

Staff needs to really push for the COVID year on the three who haven't left yet. Transfer Portal is going to be huge to get some immediate help but point blank we have to recruit 4* high school linemen and true OTs... a song as old as time

On 12/20/2021 at 9:42 AM, W.E.D said:

19 Redshirt
20 West Va
21 Sr year
22 Covid Extra year?

Reference

I obviously had high hopes for him, as he was my man crush.  But never saw him on the field.  Hopefully he comes back and takes over a spot. With Harsin, the best will play so it's up to him. 

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

If Smoke came back, I think it may be a mistake, I am not so sure he would win the starting job next year.

Who beats him out?

Edit: saw your response. Don't see Zion or a non contributor (Reed) beating out a 6th year player to played well. 

Jucos are pretty hit or miss, I hope they are good but cautious on them being immediate contributors

Edited by W.E.D