Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

On 12/22/2021 at 10:41 AM, W.E.D said:

I think Hudson could be our playmaker as he continues to develop. I think has he's the best WR we've had in a long time. And I say that being huge fans of Flash/Seth.

Hopefully we see a glimpse during yhe bowl game. Could entice some transfers if we have a good showing 

I wouldn't say he is better than Stove,Flash, Seth, Kyle Davis, Ryan Davis,  and I can continue going down the list, but he was the best we had. I also see a LOT of room for him to become a stud. HE made some pretty good grabs that required excellent body control and contortion. So there is definitely potential there. 

I think with Javy Johnson, Hudson and Im hoping Capers gets back into the rotation if he doesn't transfer, that is a solid core that will continue to get better until CBH brings in soe studs. I am excited to see Dawson. I heard he is all speed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I wouldn't say he is better than Stove,Flash, Seth, Kyle Davis, Ryan Davis,  and I can continue going down the list, but he was the best we had. I also see a LOT of room for him to become a stud. HE made some pretty good grabs that required excellent body control and contortion. So there is definitely potential there. 

I think with Javy Johnson, Hudson and Im hoping Capers gets back into the rotation if he doesn't transfer, that is a solid core that will continue to get better until CBH brings in soe studs. I am excited to see Dawson. I heard he is all speed. 

I think I wrote my second sentence poorly and possibly missed a word. The enitr comment was meant to be a projection wrt whether leaves and is finished at Auburn 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I think I wrote my second sentence poorly and possibly missed a word. The enitr comment was meant to be a projection wrt whether leaves and is finished at Auburn 

In my opinion it's the part where he's the best we've had in a long time. Looking at what Seth had to deal with as far as the offense and the QB and the numbers he still put up. 

Just a pretty big projection. I think your biggest point is he haven't been playing wr too long. 

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

In my opinion it's the part where he's the best we've had in a long time. Looking at what Seth had to deal with as far as the offense and the QB and the numbers he still put up. 

Just a pretty big projection. I think your biggest point is he haven't been playing wr too long. 

I'm a big fan of Seth, so it's nothing really against him or some of the animosity some have against him, just more of a projection of Kobe. 

I could be banking way too much in his development from being a WR in progress. His stats are pretty close to Seth's Fr year stats, although Seth had a pretty solid YPC that year. 

Also, we might have some coaches and offensive philosophy that could really help our WR core vs Gus's rudimentary philosophy. Hopefully Kobe doesn't deal with the same QB issues Seth did

On 12/23/2021 at 5:34 PM, au302 said:

JJ and Kobe seem like solid pieces, at minimum, assuming they continue to develop and gain consistency. Find a big outside guy that can win some balls and we're fine. Seems like Capers could be that guy, but also seems like he, Johnson Jr., and Evans could be told to move on after the bowl

Right now, we are already locked into 14 remaining open slots, 7 transfers and seven that could be used for either transfers or high school/JUCO guys. There is zero benefit to asking any more guys to leave. The overall 85 limit is not going to be a problem, we won't even scare it.

If there's another exit, I'd look for it to be after spring practice when guys that didn't move up the depth chart decide to head out.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Right now, we are already locked into 14 remaining open slots, 7 transfers and seven that could be used for either transfers or high school/JUCO guys. There is zero benefit to asking any more guys to leave. The overall 85 limit is not going to be a problem, we won't even scare it.

If there's another exit, I'd look for it to be after spring practice when guys that didn't move up the depth chart decide to head out.

Some more may decide (on their own) to leave after the Bowl game.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Some more may decide (on their own) to leave after the Bowl game.

Certainly, but I think the bulk of the departures, if there is a bulk, will happen after they fail to move up the depth charts after the spring. At least that's how it has been historically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Figured we may have quite a few of the hundred seniors come back for their Covid year (Brahms, Trox, Shed, Smoke, etc), but from looking at the articles, looks like most if not all of them are moving on which should keep us below. Regardless, not sure if Harsin would let deadweight hang around. He ran off Samons last year despite probably needing his depth

2 hours ago, au302 said:

He ran off Samons last year despite probably needing his depth

Wonder how his year went?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, au302 said:

Tbh wouldn't surprise me if he didn't get scooped up anywhere

Davenport University somewhere in Michigan. Not sure how much or if he played. 

0C65E630-6E8D-4E60-9C71-E189639FF9FA.png

2 hours ago, Paladin said:

All class . Just a great hard nosed young man . AU is better for having McClain. Best of luck and God Speed . 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Paladin said:

One of my all-time favorites.  Never flashy or boisterous, just a football player that played every down as if his last. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

All class . Just a great hard nosed young man . AU is better for having McClain. Best of luck and God Speed . 

What he said, perfectly stated!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Did Knighten run out of eligibility or is he transferring?  Saw a thank you Auburn post on Auburn Todays insta.

12 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Did Knighten run out of eligibility or is he transferring?  Saw a thank you Auburn post on Auburn Todays insta.

Ran out of eligibility

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Dreshun Miller to portal.  

Disappointing, but not surprising.  Seemed to have a good attitude during mid year interviews.  IDK if he didn't mesh well with the scheme or just wasnt good

9 hours ago, Tony4AU said:

Dreshun Miller to portal.  

Well had to be the worst man crush I've selected.  Really thought he would be a key player.  Good luck sir. 

On 12/26/2021 at 6:52 PM, Paladin said:

Easily in my top 5 all-time college football players.  Love how this young man plays middle-backer. Intelligent, dedicated, consummate teammate, and as tough as railroad spikes.  Just amazing what he did the past 2 seasons.   Defense just wasn’t the same when wasn’t on the field.  Love this kid.  War Damn, Ricochet Rabbit!   

• Like 3