Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

Just now, AUwent said:

Isn't Brahms thinking of coming back?

I'm not sure. He's pretty set with being a pilot after graduation

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Damn. Had high hopes for this kid. Also would have had a good chance to see the field next year. Wonder what’s the deal with the turnover in the DB room. 

Me too.  My younger cousin who now plays at Furman was his teammate at Florida High.  I've been watching him for awhile so I became a fan.

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Besides Tank, has anyone actively confirmed they're coming back? 

Edited by AUwent

18 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Besides Tank, has anyone actively confirmed they're coming back? 

Im assuming that if they didn't say they weren't playing in the bowl and haven't announced by now, they're staying at least until spring. There's always a shuffling after spring.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Im assuming that if they didn't say they weren't playing in the bowl and haven't announced by now, they're staying at least until spring. There's always a shuffling after spring.

Welp...

Thanks for proving me wrong, Ahmari...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't know what you are saying. Maybe if you said it and didn't try to be an ass you'd be understandable

Our OL is consistently rated like s***. Literally every game. Run blocking and pass pro. They've gotten worse since last year and worse since their peak, probably in 2018/19.

Outside maybe Jones, we don't have a single OL that will be an NFL contributor. None of Brahms, Council, Hamm, or Trox will be playing on Sundays.

We don't need to pretend they were good. Footballoutiders have them avg in pass pro and really bad in almost all run blocking metrics. None excelled at anyone thing yhe last two years, which has been a pretty consistent starting group.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I heard yesterday that Smoke is considering staying. Have you heard anything about him?

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I'm pretty sure he graduated last Dec and there was a lot of unknown about him playing last spring.

Seems the excuse for him has been injures and he couldn't hit the weight room as hard as needed. Now he's got a knee injury to recover from.

We can always get worse than what we have, bur damn we need to try our hardest to replace most of our OL guys.

• Dislike 1

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

I heard yesterday that Smoke is considering staying. Have you heard anything about him?

I think Kobe Hudson said it on an IG live. Smoke can be frustrating at times, but he's still a solid player and will give good leadership with Roger moving on

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Damn. Had high hopes for this kid. Also would have had a good chance to see the field next year. Wonder what’s the deal with the turnover in the DB room. 

Just a guess from an average fan, but one characteristic about Mason’s defense is fewer rotations. With a lot of returning players and bringing in some high caliber recruits, some guys may feel like playing time will be sparse. 

• Like 1

Regarding the secondary, though not new additions Ro Torrence and Dreshun MIller will both be back. Terrence played sparingly but was the JUCO player of the year in 2020 and Miller was a starter for a couple of year as at WVU. For whatever reason he played little to none this year. I have to believe both of those guys will be strongly in the mix for next year’s secondary. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Regarding the secondary, though not new additions Ro Torrence and Dreshun MIller will both be back. Terrence played sparingly but was the JUCO player of the year in 2020 and Miller was a starter for a couple of year as at WVU. For whatever reason he played little to none this year. I have to believe both of those guys will be strongly in the mix for next year’s secondary. 

I've been trying to find info in Miller. I'd love to see him start in the Bowl game. Houston has a good WR and it's been kinda baffling he hasn't played at all

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Our OL is consistently rated like s***. Literally every game. Run blocking and pass pro. They've gotten worse since last year and worse since their peak, probably in 2018/19.

Outside maybe Jones, we don't have a single OL that will be an NFL contributor. None of Brahms, Council, Hamm, or Trox will be playing on Sundays.

We don't need to pretend they were good. Footballoutiders have them avg in pass pro and really bad in almost all run blocking metrics. None excelled at anyone thing yhe last two years, which has been a pretty consistent starting group.

Ok. I don't share your passion for crapping on the o line like you do. I haven't said they were good. I said they haven't been as bad as people on here make them out to be. And I don't know how to express to you anymore I don't care what pff says. I've seen them be full of crap as much as I've seen them me right. 

I don't get why you constantly try to start arguments. You like to fight so much that you can't wait. You will ALWAYS do one of two things to argue with me. Either say I said something that I didn't say or just literally change to the argument mid post. 

I didn't or haven't said our o line was a good o line. Had I said that then go off on your rant. You say that Bo stuff and you don't even know Wtf you're talking about.

I don't think they are as bad as they are said on here, just like I don't think defensive backs are as bad, I don't think the wr's are as bad, I didn't think the coaching was as bad, I didn't think our kicker was as good as presented, I didn't think our QB was as good as presented, I didn't think the defensive coaching was as bad as presented. 

That's my ******* opinion. I don't care if you don't like it. Ever since you've showed up here the only thing I've asked from you was don't put words in my mouth and don't lie and say I said something that I didn't.......And you'd be damned if you'll listen to me and actually be a decent person and not do it. You really trip me out

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok. I don't share your passion for crapping on the o line like you do. I haven't said they were good. I said they haven't been as bad as people on here make them out to be. And I don't know how to express to you anymore I don't care what pff says. I've seen them be full of crap as much as I've seen them me right. 

I don't get why you constantly try to start arguments. You like to fight so much that you can't wait. You will ALWAYS do one of two things to argue with me. Either say I said something that I didn't say or just literally change to the argument mid post. 

I didn't or haven't said our o line was a good o line. Had I said that then go off on your rant. You say that Bo stuff and you don't even know Wtf you're talking about.

I don't think they are as bad as they are said on here, just like I don't think defensive backs are as bad, I don't think the wr's are as bad, I didn't think the coaching was as bad, I didn't think our kicker was as good as presented, I didn't think our QB was as good as presented, I didn't think the defensive coaching was as bad as presented. 

That's my ******* opinion. I don't care if you don't like it. Ever since you've showed up here the only thing I've asked from you was don't put words in my mouth and don't lie and say I said something that I didn't.......And you'd be damned if you'll listen to me and actually be a decent person and not do it. You really trip me out

Thx for allowing us to add the adjective describing your opinion. I’ll bet you will get plenty of help there.(joking obviously).

59 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't share your passion for crapping on the o line like you do.

So I'm a hater 😉

Im just stating facts. We haven't had a remotely average OL since 2019. If you want to claim "they aren't that bad" means they are still bad, just a higher level of bad...then OK.

"They aren't that bad" is your opinion without qualifying anything. I disagree and believe they are bad and have been for a while. 

Id never guess youd be the Board Police on who can state an opinion on someone being bad. Very weird.

Sorry I made you mad, have a juice weekend

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

don't get why you constantly try to start arguments. You like to fight so much that you can't wait. You will ALWAYS do one of two things to argue with me

My guy, I just respond to ppl and their views.

Please don't think this is anything to do with you personally. That's hilarious 

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So I'm a hater 😉

Im just stating facts. We haven't had a remotely average OL since 2019. If you want to claim "they aren't that bad" means they are still bad, just a higher level of bad...then OK.

"They aren't that bad" is your opinion without qualifying anything. I disagree and believe they are bad and have been for a while. 

Id never guess youd be the Board Police on who can state an opinion on someone being bad. Very weird.

Sorry I made you mad, have a juice weekend

I used to think you did it in purpose but maybe it's some mental thing you have. No where have a stated or even insinuated that you can't state whatever opinion you want. This just highlights my point how you just make stuff up and then argue it. 

I once again brought up and asked you to stop putting words in my mouth or making up something that I haven't said period. But I know you'll talk around that all day. 

Yes with everything there are different levels and no they aren't as bad as some of you exaggerate. And don't pretend that the thought of saying someone isn't THAT bad is foreign to you as you made plenty of arguments that Bo wasn't as bad as some would say. 

Your last paragraph about the board police you don't see anywhere me saying you can't say someone is bad, just something else you just made up out of thin air, and then you have the audacity to say very weird. No, insinuating that I told you that and wanting to argue about it is very weird.

But you're right I wouldn't try to tell anybody they couldn't give their opinion on someone being bad. What caused me to reply to you is your dumb Bo comment being an ass out of nowhere and then making stuff up. If you would have just said I think they're bad I wouldn't have said anything to you at all. 

But you can continue to pretend it's anything besides that if you'd like, it just won't be true

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yes with everything there are different levels and no they aren't as bad as some of you exaggerate

So you disagree with some board agreed upon notion they are "bad".

So, IDK what that level of bad is that you disagree with. Can you state that for the board?

Again, it they aren't "bad", they must be better than bad. So what is it so we can just clear it all up??

Stating they'll do well in the NFL must mean we have NFL players starting on our OL...so I do apologize if one inferred NFL players means they are good

Edited by W.E.D
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Regarding the secondary, though not new additions Ro Torrence and Dreshun MIller will both be back.  Miller was a starter for a couple of year as at WVU. 

First page has Miller as leaving. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So you disagree with some board agreed upon notion they are "bad".

So, IDK what that level of bad is that you disagree with. Can you state that for the board?

Again, it they aren't "bad", they must be better than bad. So what is it so we can just clear it all up??

Stating they'll do well in the NFL must mean we have NFL players starting on our OL...so I do apologize if one inferred NFL players means they are good

I noticed you ran away from what the issue really was and you want to push the argument about the d line. That's as you say.......is weird. 

All of that is stupid. What I said is they aren't as bad as some made them out to be. If you legit can't comprehend not being as bad as then there isn't any type of talk that will help you. You'd need a class or something like that.

But once again I've seen you argue and make that very point about Bo many times so I think you are just being deceitful personally. 

But the many extreme blaming losses solely on the o line and stuff that's what I disagree with. You know just like people would disagree when people would blame a loss on Bo. Well in actuality people didn't really blame a loss just on Bo but there were always a bunch of posts of people saying you couldn't just blame a loss on Bo. I've seen you participate in these convos, and I never saw you confused on what was meant by that logic then....that's weird too.

noticed you ran away from what the issue really was and you want to push the argument about the d line. That's as you say.......is weird

Huh??? I haven't mentioned the DL

What I said is they aren't as bad as some made them out to be.

So then answer my question vs being ambiguous with some statement of "better than some level of bad" that no one knows what you're saying.

So, they are better than some unknown poster claimed.  You can't state what you think vs some ambiguous comment??

But once again I've seen you argue and make that very point about Bo many times so I think you are just being deceitful personally

Bo sucks. Glad he's gone. This isn't about Bo

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Huh??? I haven't mentioned the DL

So then answer my question vs being ambiguous with some statement of "better than some level of bad" that no one knows what you're saying.

So, they are better than some unknown poster claimed.  You can't state what you think vs some ambiguous comment??

Bo sucks. Glad he's gone. This isn't about Bo

Lol ok. 😂  I wish you would've thought that to yourself when you tried the lame Bo comment that started this entire made up argument you wanted in the first place! But if you are confused I'll let you be that. ✌🏿

Edited by cole256

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol ok. 😂  I wish you would've thought that to yourself when you tried the lame Bo comment that started this entire made up argument you wanted in the first place! But if you are confused I'll let you be that. ✌🏿

OK. So was the DL comment a mistake?

You've always come to the defense of thr OL when ppl used it as a crutch for Bo. Sorry I can't make a joke about that without you getting all huffy.

• Like 1