Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

Guest MustardSeed

It’s embarrassing that supposed grown men on here talk down to each other like 12 year olds trying to prove their manhood.  And it’s even worse that we are supposedly part of the same community but get off on disrespecting each other every chance available.  I’ll probably bounce soon (not that anyone cares or should care for that matter). I lurked here for a while and didn’t join for this exact reason but this board too often becomes absolutely unreadable. Too many egos need constant approval and require the belittling of others to make themselves feel important.  Awesome example being set for teens and young boys here 🤦‍♂️ (And sadly this about the 4th or 5th time I’ve had to make this point further proving the uselessness of me actually staying here). Most of you are grown men (and women). Act like it. ✌️

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

It’s embarrassing that supposed grown men on here talk down to each other like 12 year olds trying to prove their manhood.  And it’s even worse that we are supposedly part of the same community but get off on disrespecting each other every chance available.  I’ll probably bounce soon (not that anyone cares or should care for that matter). I lurked here for a while and didn’t join for this exact reason but this board too often becomes absolutely unreadable. Too many egos need constant approval and require the belittling of others to make themselves feel important.  Awesome example being set for teens and young boys here 🤦‍♂️ (And sadly this about the 4th or 5th time I’ve had to make this point further proving the uselessness of me actually staying here). Most of you are grown men (and women). Act like it. ✌️

I know you are but what am I  LOL..

all good points . A lot of keyboard warriors . There is way too much good on here that out weighs the douchebags. Don’t let a few ruin your experience 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

Welcome, This is the internet. I hope you enjoy your stay!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

6 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

First page has Miller as leaving. 

Yeah I think that's a mistake. His Twitter said things take time. There's nothing about him transferring. 

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

There is way too much good on here that out weighs the douchebags. 

Sorry, but you're kidding yourself. 

Nearly every strand turns into a bickering match and always the same common denominator.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Nearly every strand turns into a bickering match and always the same common denominator.

You and I pay attention to different things. I blow right past the grown babies whinny .i pay zero attention and never participate. Maybe you should too. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

You and I pay attention to different things. I blow right past the grown babies whinny .i pay zero attention and never participate. Maybe you should too. 

That’s certainly one solution. Another is for posters who want extended arguments with each other to use the private message function. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

The Block button helps a ton

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Interested to see how many more leave. With the 32 we'll bring in I'd imagine Harsin will encourage more to leave after the bowl. Then the usual attrition after spring. I'm sure we'll need to drop a few more to stay under 85, but that's just a guess and I may be off on that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Interested to see how many more leave. With the 32 we'll bring in I'd imagine Harsin will encourage more to leave after the bowl. Then the usual attrition after spring. I'm sure we'll need to drop a few more to stay under 85, but that's just a guess and I may be off on that

I believe, because of the extra covid year, we can have more than 85

14 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Not wrong, the football forum at times becomes a cesspool of bad opinions, arguments, and egos. Don’t really have that problem in any other of our forums. 

It’s kind of the nature of the beast though in terms of message boards, there are some Auburn ones that are worse. Our Mods do a good job of maintaining the peace but they’re not miracle workers. 

• Thanks 1

@W.E.D @cole256 I need you both to dial it back a few clicks.  Argue your points related to football without the personal sniping or put each other on ignore.  I'm trying not to be heavy handed with the moderating but you guys are making it really hard.

I think you both know what the next step is if you can't get it back into reasonable debate territory.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm not sure. He's pretty set with being a pilot after graduation

He can always be a pilot later he needs to bring his arse back we have a Bourbon Bowl to win

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

@W.E.D @cole256 I need you both to dial it back a few clicks.  Argue your points related to football without the personal sniping or put each other on ignore.  I'm trying not to be heavy handed with the moderating but you guys are making it really hard.

I think you both know what the next step is if you can't get it back into reasonable debate territory.

Point out what I did wrong or where I crossed a line and I'll stop. Any rule that I break or ANYTHING I do that anybody else doesn't on this forum I'll stop.

With that being said I have expectations to be treated like anybody else. Thanks

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Point out what I did wrong or where I crossed a line and I'll stop. Any rule that I break or ANYTHING I do that anybody else doesn't on this forum I'll stop.

With that being said I have expectations to be treated like anybody else. Thanks

I don't think either of us were attacking each other. It was like 8 total posts. 🤷‍♂️

🥰 u cole, hope you have a good holiday. Srs

• Haha 1

It's ridiculous that people feel they can state their opinion but from some reason I can't. Then do a mindless soap box grand stand and people buy it without even checking accuracy. 

In the end a majority of the time it's a person upset that someone has disagreed with them at some point of life and then have the audacity to talk about maturity. 

If people want to have a higher quality board experience make people cite and hold them accountable. If something is said and a post is addressing a particular statement make sure if that thing was actually said. It's very simple. Yet we'd rather witch hunt and sacrifice a person before doing something so simple.

And likewise with the grandstanding. If you make a post because you are so disgusted with the disrespect quote the disrespect and address it.....but it's easier to make pretend you are some higher state of consciousness......

11 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Another is for posters who want extended arguments with each other to use the private message function. 

But then nobody else will see the epic burn I just laid down!

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

I've came to the conclusion that this board may self implode with the conflicting personalities on here before the A-day game. 

It took you 31 posts to make that observation?😀