Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

7 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Hopefully, we see smarter offensive schemes and play calls from CBH/A. Davis that maximizes our OL's abilities.  Maybe getting the ball out of the QB's hands quicker, moving the QB more etc, something that helps the OL not have to be elite to be effective.  A playmaker at WR would go a long way also.

I think Hudson could be our playmaker as he continues to develop. I think he's the best WR we've had in a long time. And I say that being huge fans of Flash/Seth.

Hopefully we see a glimpse during yhe bowl game. Could entice some transfers if we have a good showing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I think Hudson could be our playmaker as he continues to develop. I think he's the best WR we've had in a long time. And I say that being huge fans of Flash/Seth.

Hopefully we see a glimpse during yhe bowl game. Could entice some transfers if we have a good showing 

100% on Hudson.  I know he dropped a few but I think he's got really good body control, good hands and get's open really well.  Definitely our best WR right now.

Don't know what you guys saw out of Hudson to be that. I would MAYBE give him a Terrell Zachary grade. And that's me being very nice.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Don't know what you guys saw out of Hudson to be that. I would MAYBE give him a Terrell Zachary grade. And that's me being very nice.

But TZach was way better than anyone else we had last year, lol. 

I'm one who likes Hudson a lot but maybe it's because there's no Darvin Adams on the roster. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But TZach was way better than anyone else we had last year, lol. 

I'm one who likes Hudson a lot but maybe it's because there's no Darvin Adams on the roster. 

He was the best I saw last year but best wr we've had in a while. I saw nothing like that. Of course it's not my opinion. I was just wondering was there some plays or something that I may have missed for that type of praise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He was the best I saw last year but best wr we've had in a while. I saw nothing like that. Of course it's not my opinion. I was just wondering was there some plays or something that I may have missed for that type of praise.

Yeah. I saw some names mentioned and... don't see that. Especially not one in particular. I also wouldn't put him above Stove, Slayton or Ryan Davis.

He's in a way better offense for receivers, though, so he has a chance to be a more finished product than those guys by the time he leaves. 

22 hours ago, cole256 said:

If Hudson can hang on to the ball, he might be the best after catch talent we’ve had in a while (with size). 

But every time I try to love him….

Edited by CCTAU
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, cole256 said:

Banking on development and potential of someone who is just learning to be a WR.

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. I saw some names mentioned and... don't see that. Especially not one in particular. I also wouldn't put him above Stove, Slayton or Ryan Davis

Right now no, but believe as he contineuyto develop and when he leaves he'll be...I think.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Right now no, but believe as he contineuyto develop and when he leaves he'll be...I think.

He was our leading wr last season. No reason to expect him to get better and build on that.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Banking on development and potential of someone who is just learning to be a WR.

I feel you are forecasting. I think he'll get better as well. I just don't see any special traits or anything like that or special plays to make me think he does anything better than Seth, or Slayton or Stove. 

Pretty much of being a great. Just like I saw Johnson make a few plays and he seems that he can potentially be a deep threat in the future but I can't say I've seen anything to make me believe he'll be as good as Coates was at it.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I feel you are forecasting. I think he'll get better as well. I just don't see any special traits or anything like that or special plays to make me think he does anything better than Seth, or Slayton or Stove. 

Pretty much of being a great. Just like I saw Johnson make a few plays and he seems that he can potentially be a deep threat in the future but I can't say I've seen anything to make me believe he'll be as good as Coates was at it.

Yeah, definitely forecasting. I said "if he continues developing".

Right now, no he's not better than any of the names listed. Idk, I'm just really high on him and he's only in year 2 of being a full time WR vs lots of those other guys doing it their whole careers.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I'd love to get super hyped about an Auburn WR going into a season, but been there done that.  It has never worked very well in the past.  

Kyle Davis was the last real star I think and even that didn't work out.

Toward the end of the season Ja'Varrius Johnson was finally healthy and started to show some signs of being a good receiver. One key things about all of our receivers this year and the year before  is even though Bo played much better this year neither he nor Finley showed a consistent ability to throw the receiver open. To often they both waited till receiver was open which gave defense time to prevent a completion from being a big gain as Safety's had already started towards receiver to help out. 

Really good QB's throw a receiver open which means they throw just before the cut so ball arrives just at the cut as one example of this. 

• Like 3

JJ and Kobe seem like solid pieces, at minimum, assuming they continue to develop and gain consistency. Find a big outside guy that can win some balls and we're fine. Seems like Capers could be that guy, but also seems like he, Johnson Jr., and Evans could be told to move on after the bowl

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Why didn't Dawson see the field this year?  Prior to the season start wasn't there a lot of talk about his speed.

I think Building the foundation with the rest of the freshman class.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think Building the foundation with the rest of the freshman class.

Based on his size, I'm guessing he needed some work in the weight room in order to block in the run game.

6 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Based on his size, I'm guessing he needed some work in the weight room in order to block in the run game.

Maybe, but look at the rest of the big names from that class. Hunter, Brooks, Dee, Dawson, et.al....they all redshirted for a reason. Play the hand dealt while Planning for the future 

• Like 4

No coach with a brain would sit a play maker at wr because he's not good at blocking. 

Also I don't know if it's been mentioned or not because I haven't read all of the posts in this thread and of course I'll be the bad guy but our QB wasn't great or consistent throwing the ball.....that has an affect, a major one with the wr's.  When our qb actually had a little two game streak at throwing the ball well the wr's did much better.

I believe that's probably the game where some bought in with the new wr coach had"developed" our guys but then our qb wasn't as consistent and then the wr production went down again. So the developed wore off but I think it shows there's a direct correlation 

Smoke Monday will in fact declare for the NFL Draft.

Jeremiah Wright getting work on the OL...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, cole256 said:

No coach with a brain would sit a play maker at wr because he's not good at blocking. 

Also I don't know if it's been mentioned or not because I haven't read all of the posts in this thread and of course I'll be the bad guy but our QB wasn't great or consistent throwing the ball.....that has an affect, a major one with the wr's.  When our qb actually had a little two game streak at throwing the ball well the wr's did much better.

I believe that's probably the game where some bought in with the new wr coach had"developed" our guys but then our qb wasn't as consistent and then the wr production went down again. So the developed wore off but I think it shows there's a direct correlation 

Is that the game where the QB hit the WRs in the hands five times and they dropped the ball?

Seems there’s plenty of blame to go around, but your disdain for Bo clouds your vision. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Is that the game where the QB hit the WRs in the hands five times and they dropped the ball?

Seems there’s plenty of blame to go around, but your disdain for Bo clouds your vision. 

No it's more like your love for Bo clouds yours. Just pretend he's tj and go from there. 

But you're absolutely right there is plenty of blame to go around. I haven't seen one person place all blame on Bo. But your Bo hyper sensitivity lead you to see things that's not there.

Also most people that are knowledgeable in football knows the QB gets more focus than everyone else. He gets a majority of the praise and get a bunch of the blame. Some like yourself just wanted him to get the rewards but not criticism though.

My post that you quoted is me clearly speaking of a DIRECT correlation. That means that I'm saying if one played bad so did the other.....but of course you took it that it's all Bo because you let your love cloud your judgement.

And to be accurate nobody received more blame and criticism than the o line actually.....don't ever see you posting to take up for them. I actually saw your post blaming them.....I guess you weren't concerned about spreading it out then.

• Like 1