Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

Marshall says he's waiting to be cleared. SMH.

If we see no improvement over the next two years are we justified in making a change after year 3?

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

If we see no improvement over the next two years are we justified in making a change after year 3?

Harsin worked with him in the past. This seems to be the exact kind of hire that we would want. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Harsin worked with him in the past. This seems to be the exact kind of hire that we would want. 

No, it's NOT a hire we would want!

Edited by AUwent

Guest MustardSeed
10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

But does Marshall even have a connection in this staff?  Who knows. If he’s right then Harsin failed miserably with this one. You can’t recruit at Boise level here. You’ll end up like Vandy quick 

8 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

But does Marshall even have a connection in this staff?  Who knows. If he’s right then Harsin failed miserably with this one. You can’t recruit at Boise level here. You’ll end up like Vandy quick 

Nah, I'm sure a tough, physical brand of football (TM) will be enough to sell recruits!

Right now I am dreading the thought of being stuck with this administration for three more years, at least until I see SOMETHING to get me excited about the future--seriously, ANY 4* recruit committing to us would help!

Of course, I'm not sure we could even get a Pittman/Kiffin-level hire. Seriously, I would be thrilled with Dell if the time comes--I'm of course expecting Rhett.

Edited by AUwent

Guest MustardSeed

The only place I can find that’s even remotely interesting in Hill is Nebraska. And he’s apparently low on their list. I give up. My heart will hope for the best if it’s him but my head will know better

We go through so many radical up’s and down’s as a fan base. Auburn fans and alumni deserve better. Seems like we fans and alumni want Auburn to accomplish great things as a football program more than the BOT, Athletic Department, and Coaching staffs do. 

Either that or they have a better understanding of just how irrelevant and undesirable we are as a football program more than we do. It’s one of the two.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We go through so many radical up’s and down’s as a fan base. Auburn fans and alumni deserve better. Seems like we fans and alumni want Auburn to accomplish great things as a football program more than the BOT, Athletic Department, and Coaching staffs do. 

Either that or they have a better understanding of just how irrelevant and undesirable we are as a football program more than we do. It’s one of the two.

I at least expect us to be able to get a better coach than Ole Miss can. Yes, we beat them this year. Do you honestly expect Harsin to win even 9 games next year?

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I choose option 3. Nothing close to 1 or 2.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I at least expect us to get a better coach than Ole Miss can.

You’d think so. It’s a d**n miracle we won a Natty. Chizik had the wherewithal to surround himself by a staff that could do just enough to get Cam and Dyer for one natty. But even he was considered a terrible hire. What is wrong with Auburn? Why can’t we find coaches who understand that you’re only as good as your staff? 

• Like 1

Also, if it is Hill, Bo must either be the greatest Auburn man ever, not know, or be the dumbest son of a gun on the team to put his last run into the hands of Zak Hill. 😂

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You’d think so. It’s a d**n miracle we won a Natty. Chizik had the wherewithal to surround himself by a staff that could do just enough to get Cam and Dyer for one natty. But even he was considered a terrible hire. What is wrong with Auburn? Why can’t we find coaches who understand that you’re only as good as your staff? 

I loved Chizik, but Chiz had 0 discipline on his teams. Lots of disciplinary issues honestly ended costing him his job. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

No I wanted someone he was comfortable with who has some credentials. There is literally nothing I can point to in this individual course as an OC that I can be like.."Yeah that is impressive." This is the epitome of a good ole boy hire.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
4 minutes ago, DAG said:

No I wanted someone he was comfortable with who has some credentials. There is literally nothing I can point to in this individual course as an OC that I can be like.."Yeah that is impressive." This is the epitome of a good ole boy hire.

It’s literally a step down from a Gus hire. Let that sink in

3 minutes ago, Taco said:

I loved Chizik, but Chiz had 0 discipline on his teams. Lots of disciplinary issues honestly ended costing him his job. 

I could say more about that....but I won't. Obviously as the head coach he was ultimately responsible, but there were others involved in that lack of discipline. 

• Like 3

Just now, MustardSeed said:

It’s literally a step down from a Gus hire. Let that sink in

At least we can finally rid the idea that he doesn't have full control. He better make it work.

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed

Well let’s just go ahead and start a meltdown thread 🤢. I’m stepping out. I no longer have anything positive to say 👋

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bobo was a good ole boy hire. The offenses did not mesh. 
Why don’t you have a little faith until we see how it turns out? The last 4 OCs have been terrible. Maybe this will be better. 
I am going to think positive. 
We STILL need to hire recruiters. I would offer Dell anything he wanted to get him to come to Auburn. Just to recruit.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1