Mcreary 1st AP All America

AlaskanFAN

Appreciate Roger for coming back, he could've left and made money in the NFL last year.  Had a slow start, but he was taken out of his comfort zone, which Mason at least realized towards the end of the season.  Well deserved, indeed.

I'm not going to look, but I guess my twin, Zakoby, was left out again of the awards again?  Freaking ridiculous, nothing last year, and 2nd or 3rd team SEC this.  stupidity

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well deserved. He was probably the best player we had this season. 

Well, I'll go with a tie for best player.  ZMac is the man, but I am partial.  😁

Awesome for him.  He locked down half the field every game.  i can't imagine how bad our secondary would have been w/out him being as good as he is

• Like 1

Dude wrote himself one helluva blank check balling out on national TV in the the Iron Bowl. Well deserved.

• Like 2

Absolutely asinine and egregious he is not a finalist for the Thorpe Award. Like how does that even happen? He was easily the best DB in the country this season. Definition of LOCK Down.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Absolutely asinine and egregious he is not a finalist for the Thorpe Award. Like how does that even happen? He was easily the best DB in the country this season. Definition of LOCK Down.

jack.gif

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

As you know, these awards are messed up. Even if he is clearly the best player, he will not get award love on a 6-6 team. Need 10 wins most of the time and even then no guarantee to get past the Bamas/ OSU/ Clemsons/UGAs of the world.

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Nonsense. He’s just a 3 star. Just the 34th best player in Alabama.

That happens on rare occasion. He was one of our fall back recruits and he received his Auburn offer only after we had missed on some other DB prospects.  Daniel Thomas was another good player that fell into this category. That, however, is not how you want to design your recruiting strategy. For every McCreary or Thomas there are many who are never able to contribute.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

That happens on rare occasion. He was one of our fall back recruits and he received his Auburn offer only after we had missed on some other DB prospects.  Daniel Thomas was another good player that fell into this category. That, however, is not how you want to design your recruiting strategy. For every McCreary or Thomas there are many who are never able to contribute.

We’ve had some notable 5 star busts. 

Don’t get me wrong, I want the best players available and the “star” system generally recognizes who’s most apt to contribute early, but there’s no substitute for talent evaluation, talent development and program fit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lots of great players from Birdsville.  Toughness, smart, hungry for a new life.  Great combo's for success if given a chance.  Mr McCreary got his chance and made the most. So damn happy for guys that grow up like that and make it in this world, regardless of profession.  War Damn, the Mob!

• Like 1

Roger McCreary just made himself alot of money after that Iron Bowl performance. Definately going to miss him. He was another 3 star that played like a 5 star. Reminds me of how Nick Fairley was a 3 star and then absolutely went wild in 2010 and he wound up the #11 pick in the NFL draft. Proud of you Mr. McCreary!!! WDE

• Like 4