AU vs. Houston in B'ham Bowl Predictions

Proud Tiger

Don’t know how Auburn will score or even keep up. I don’t know what to think. Maybe we’ll have a decent crowd to help pump them up. My gut still says they can’t run the football.  If that’s true then it’ll be a long day. 

Houston 28

Auburn 17

Edited by woodford

Unless our DL plays like they did bs Bama. I can't help but imagine their QB and WR destroying our McCreary-less secondary 

Harsin has been more involved in the offense. I am now interested in this game to see if there’s a difference, especially with the play calling. 

• Like 1

Lots of AU talent has opted out, and based on how our season ended I have a bad feeling that the intensity won’t be there.  Going to be tough. 

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

With how much has opted out and how little reps young guys at some positions have, I don’t see how we’d win, but I hope

I think the young energy and interest to prove something will pay off.

Auburn 52

Houston 2

42 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

With how much has opted out and how little reps young guys at some positions have, I don’t see how we’d win, but I hope

Yep and it didn't any optimism when Harsin said today it wasn't as important that we win as it was to get some extra practice time  and more player experience. He said 10 guys would get their first game experience. That's good but I hate going to any game when the HC doesn't consider losing to be a big deal. Guess I'm too competitive.

9 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Yep and it didn't any optimism when Harsin said today it wasn't as important that we win as it was to get some extra practice time  and more player experience. He said 10 guys would get their first game experience. That's good but I hate going to any game when the HC doesn't consider losing to be a big deal. Guess I'm too competitive.

I would be shocked if he actually said that. 

9 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Ha he actually said that? Good lord.

This needs to be confirmed because that is a heck of statement to say publicly. He may think that but as a coach I don’t think you would ever convey that to your players or fans. 

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Who all has opted out?

Zakoby/McCreary for good reasons 

Bo quit

Brahms had knee surgery and Hamm opting out for NFL (I know he declared)

Anyone else?

7 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

This needs to be confirmed because that is a heck of statement to say publicly. He may think that but as a coach I don’t think you would ever convey that to your players or fans. 

Let me clarify my post. Harsin Did Not say publicly that winning the game was important. In fact in Thursday's presser he clearly said "we want to win." The comments I mentioned were from someone there who said he said in a side conversation that he wanted to win but getting the extra practice, etc,. was just as an important benefit of having a bowl game as winning. I just wish he felt like winning the game was the most important thing. No big deal I guess.

Here is a video of his public comments.

VIDEO: Bryan Harsin speaks to media in Birmingham (247sports.com)

Edited by Proud Tiger

19 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Let me clarify my post. Harsin Did Not say publicly that winning the game was important. In fact in Thursday's presser he clearly said "we want to win." The comments I mentioned were from someone there who said he said in a side conversation that he wanted to win but getting the extra practice, etc,. was just as an important benefit of having a bowl game as winning. I just wish he felt like winning the game was the most important thing. No big deal I guess.

Here is a video of his public comments.

VIDEO: Bryan Harsin speaks to media in Birmingham (247sports.com)

I see the practices as the most impactful to the overall program this year but I also don’t see one negatively impacting the other one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Who all has opted out?

Zakoby/McCreary for good reasons 

Bo quit

Brahms had knee surgery and Hamm opting out for NFL (I know he declared)

Anyone else?

Guys who have played a good bit that won't in the bowl game include Brahms, McCreary, McLain, Hamm, Shivers,Cannon, Tennison, Manning, Nix and some special team players. It just hurts our depth. Expect to see about 10 guys to play their first time this season.

Edited by Proud Tiger

40 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Guys who have played a good bit that won't in the bowl game include Brahms, McCreary, McLain, Hamm, Shivers,Cannon, Tennison, Manning, Nix and some special team players. It just hurts our depth. Expect to see about 10 guys to play their first time this season.

Shivers had 18 touches on the year and Cannion barely did anything either. Manning wasn't a starter. Shivers some on KO return 

Forgot about Tennison.

So Tennison, Zakoby and Roger on D.

Bo. Brahms, Hamm on offense.

I think the biggest difference will be Auburn's defense without McClain or Pappoe.  We saw how that went earlier in the year against Georgia State.  Houston may have their way on offense. 

UH 31 - Auburn 23

7 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I think the biggest difference will be Auburn's defense without McClain or Pappoe.  We saw how that went earlier in the year against Georgia State.  Houston may have their way on offense. 

UH 31 - Auburn 23

I’m hoping Pappoe plays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

he said in a side conversation that he wanted to win but getting the extra practice, etc,. was just as an important benefit of having a bowl game as winning

He's 100% correct

• Like 2

15 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Shivers had 18 touches on the year

Shivers contributions shouldn't be minimized. He had 14 carries and 22 receptions. Also most reliable in pass protection but I can't find that stat. He's s bigger hole in the offense than you might think. 

• Thanks 1

I’m curious to see how our offense looks with Harsin calling plays. 

• Like 1

Final score will be ‘not pretty,’ whatever that turns out to be. 

Just too many defections and inexperienced players to beat an 11-2 team.

Hope I’m wrong.

Edited by Swamp Eagle