Times are changing

LPTiger

It is so nice to observe how the roll out of our new OC has gone...   At the same time of the announcement, we have substantive quotes praising the hire from two of the most respected and accomplished men in the NFL in Pete Carroll and Russ Wilson.   Well done AU!!!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

I said this on ESD and I’ll say it again:

The entire football operations staff is INTENTIONAL with everything that they do. From videos, quotes, player interactions, etc.

It is a welcome sight. 

No Doubt

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Jaba4ever said:

Tom Brady talked up Scott Loeffler too, so while I appreciate their quotes, I'm putting zero stock into anything until I see it on the field.

This is accurate as far as the Loeftty hire.

cautious optimism is my take as well. I’m excited about the new blood though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This is accurate as far as the Loeftty hire.

cautious optimism is my take as well. I’m excited about the new blood though

No clue why someone downvoted my comment lol. But same here. I'm excited and I feel like it's a great hire. I just want him to prove it before I get my hopes too high lol

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Jaba4ever said:

No clue why someone downvoted my comment lol. But same here. I'm excited and I feel like it's a great hire. I just want him to prove it before I get my hopes too high lol

Absolutely correct about Loeffler, but the state of the program is no where near what it was in 2011.  Harsin is a man with a vision, Chizik, not so much.  Time will tell if you are right, but no OC was going to succeed in 2012

• Like 2

There is a definite plan, a vision, a direction this program is going that has been sadly absent the last few years.  I applaud the lack of drift now, and am excited to see what 2022 brings.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Absolutely correct about Loeffler, but the state of the program is no where near what it was in 2011.  Harsin is a man with a vision, Chizik, not so much.  Time will tell if you are right, but no OC was going to succeed in 2012

Agreed. And I'm not saying I expect them to end up the same way. I'm just saying I'll believe it when I see it. I'm hopeful, I just don't want to get my hopes up then experience that fall again

On 12/18/2021 at 5:48 PM, Jaba4ever said:

Tom Brady talked up Scott Loeffler too, so while I appreciate their quotes, I'm putting zero stock into anything until I see it on the field.

Username checks out. Just messing with you. Healthy skepticism is... healthy.

On 12/18/2021 at 4:27 PM, LPTiger said:

It is so nice to observe how the roll out of our new OC has gone...   At the same time of the announcement, we have substantive quotes praising the hire from two of the most respected and accomplished men in the NFL in Pete Carroll and Russ Wilson.   Well done AU!!!

23 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

The entire football operations staff is INTENTIONAL with everything that they do. From videos, quotes, player interactions, etc.

It is a welcome sight. 

It's been evident from the moment they got here. Major changes in how they and the support staff approach social media. And there were reports going back to the very first on campus visits that recruits were able to take that everything was significantly more organized and professional. And they've done it without sacrificing the "family" vibe. (Harsin brands it as "person over player", which is possibly another improvement.) I love that they've finally blown apart this silly "bama's all business but we're fambly" idea that maintains the two as mutually exclusive. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

It is a welcome sight. 

I appreciate the order and structure they seem to possess

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Thread reminds me of Buddy I've mentioned it before but Buddy could play OT for Auburn. He also gives one hell of a concert

Aaaaaaand away to the full BoG show/album I go. A most sincere thank you, sir. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2021 at 4:48 PM, Jaba4ever said:

Your username says all we need to know. Just a troll. Probably have your bammer walmart shirt on and making out with your sister when you typed this.

• Dislike 3

On 12/18/2021 at 4:48 PM, Jaba4ever said:

Loeffler had a solid resume before coming to AU.  I also don’t really think the blame of 2012 can be placed on Loeffler….the locker room was a mess, the head coach had lost this team, and he tried to plug Loeffler’s system in with Malzhan’s players which was a very bad fit.  

• Like 3

It is a welcome sight. 

It's a professional look for sure. Something we've desperately been missing

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Jaba4ever said:

Agreed. And I'm not saying I expect them to end up the same way. I'm just saying I'll believe it when I see it. I'm hopeful, I just don't want to get my hopes up then experience that fall again

That's where I'm at too.....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

That's where I'm at too.....

Understand your feelings. I could not watch Auburn football without Hope, though, tempered with some reality based expectations. This year’s Iron Bowl is a good example of that. Reality based expectations were low but hoped they would play better than they have all year.

4 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Your username says all we need to know. Just a troll. Probably have your bammer walmart shirt on and making out with your sister when you typed this.

Lol. Good morning to you too sir. 

Please, pardon me for remembering a fact. I didn't say I wasn't happy about the hire. I am. I didn't say I thought it was a bust. I don't. I think it's a good hire actually. I'm just saying that, while I appreciate their sentiments, I will appreciate the product I see on the field more.

Good day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Loeffler had a solid resume before coming to AU.  I also don’t really think the blame of 2012 can be placed on Loeffler….the locker room was a mess, the head coach had lost this team, and he tried to plug Loeffler’s system in with Malzhan’s players which was a very bad fit.  

Totally agree. That was a particularly bad situation for him to step into. I'm just saying...trust but verify. 

• Like 2