Kobe gone

PigskinPat

1 minute ago, cbo said:

There has to be more to this than PM is “reporting.” 

Its almost guaranteed there is but PM has no problem putting crap like this out there to stir the pot.  

• Like 1

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

The people who control Phillip Marshall is just upset that Kevin Steele didn’t get the HC job. 

FIFY 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Its almost guaranteed there is but PM has no problem putting crap like this out there to stir the pot.  

Not sure why this would be upsetting to people. Is this not “processing” that is discussed many times? 

15 minutes ago, cbo said:

There has to be more to this than PM is “reporting.” 

i honestly have no idea. i posted it for two things. the first is to give auburn fans a chance to see what was said and let them make up their own minds. and the second is maybe someone could have shed some light on what really happened. it could be as simple as the kid worried about landing elsewhere at a decent school because he was run off. but i find the north south culture thing odd. it appears to make harsin look like he  just ran off hudson for no reason and i do not think this is fair and it is not logical. it is possible some coaches just do not like some players period. I have personally seen that kind of thing happen. my personal opinion is kobe had his pride hurt and had to say something to save face.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Not sure why this would be upsetting to people. Is this not “processing” that is discussed many times? 

It’s upsetting people because the tagline reads as if he had no reason to kick him off the team. It’s bias. It doesn’t seem to have all of the report from all sides and yet a journalist is pushing this narrative. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i honestly have no idea. i posted it for two things. the first is to give auburn fans a chance to see what was said and let them make up their own minds. and the second is maybe someone could have shed some light on what really happened. it could be as simple as the kid worried about landing elsewhere at a decent school because he was run off. but i find the north south culture thing odd. it appears to make harsin look like he  just ran off hudson for no reason and i do not think this is fair and it is not logical. it is possible some coaches just do not like some players period. I have personally seen that kind of thing happen. my personal opinion is kobe had his pride hurt and had to say something to save face.

I’m glad you posted it. Good to know what’s out there. 

Who knows what actually happened. But PM seems to have an agenda lately. Or at least he is a bad reporter. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, cbo said:

Who knows what actually happened. But PM seems to have an agenda lately. Or at least he is a bad reporter. 

he looks senile to me but hell i am 66 and real close myself. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

But surely you don't boot your best player in a position of need just because you don't like his attitude?

Sure you do. There are 100s of quality receivers out there. If you're building a program and have to make changes like this, you do it. The sooner the better.

I'll bet this also goes as far back as the WR coaching change. Along the same lineage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Sure you do. There are 100s of quality receivers out there. If you're building a program and have to make changes like this, you do it. The sooner the better.

I'll bet this also goes as far back as the WR coaching change. Along the same lineage.

ok let me rephrase this. i meant to say i doubt many coaches just run players off because they do not like them. usually they have a reason. and in fairness to harsin he really cannot say much about the why's.

• Like 2

CBH to his staff-“We’re 6-7 with 5 straight losses and the fans are already restless. What to do. Hey, I know. Let’s kick off our top WR. I don’t like his attitude.”

Not

• Like 1

One day in the not so distant future...after Coach Harsin has forced the midget down the road into retirement, and forced the lesbian gym teacher to take up his true calling of coaching Jr Pro girls Volleyball....when ESPN is making the 30 for 30 on Auburn's road to glory called " Breaking Bama- Brian Harsins road to glory" after we win our 3rd Natty in 5 years.....This will all come out about how he ran off the top WR to help change the culture of AU football forever.

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why would anyone take PM seriously? He proved last year during the coaching search that he has no real insider ties. Believing him is like listening to Mikey about the great depth we have on the oline that was recruited by Gustav 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

On 1/3/2022 at 9:35 PM, AUght2win said:

Like I said, I just want to know details. Kobe is clearly pissed and feels wronged, which is the reason he's being vocal about getting booted, not wanting to leave, and saying Harsin didn't understand him in his IG post. I want to know if that's pure BS from Kobe or if there's some truth to it.  

Either you want CBH to get rid of the wrong attitude guys or not. Doesn’t matter who the players are that’s what he’s doing and I agree with his approach. It’ll be the best for Auburn football in the long run!

• Like 3

There is a young man I met who played o line for Ark State who was recruited by Gus and had him for 1 year before Coach Harsin took over.  Noted the differences between them having played for both.  Said Gus was much more likeable. Harsin not as much but you knew where you stood with him.  Clear path laid out and you knew the choices that he sticks by.  He is an Auburn fan and said let him get his guys in and hang on.  Said he trusts Harsin.  Also pointed out that most important thing you need is a coach more than personality.  "Harsin is a coach and it's football"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ausburn2 said:

There is a young man I met who played o line for Ark State who was recruited by Gus and had him for 1 year before Coach Harsin took over.  Noted the differences between them having played for both.  Said Gus was much more likeable. Harsin not as much but you knew where you stood with him.  Clear path laid out and you knew the choices that he sticks by.  He is an Auburn fan and said let him get his guys in and hang on.  Said he trusts Harsin.  Also pointed out that most important thing you need is a coach more than personality.  "Harsin is a coach and it's football"

Great post. There is an AU o lineman named Will Adams who played for Gus, then transferred to Boise and played for Harsin. He talked on a podcast about how much greater the demands were under Harsin, including how much steeper the learning curves were. Said he developed a lot more under Harsin. We need to be patient and give this guy time to set his culture with his players. 

4 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Phillip Marshall is just upset that Kevin Steele didn’t get the HC job. 

That is not true at all.  You can't just hate on a guy because he reports something that you don't want to hear./

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Either you want CBH to get rid of the wrong attitude guys or not. Doesn’t matter who the players are that’s what he’s doing and I agree with his approach. It’ll be the best for Auburn football in the long run!

That assumes that he is always correct in his determination of someone's attitude. Nobody would disagree that someone that was a trouble maker should be shown the door.  Part of a coach's job is to teach and mold boys into young men.

4 hours ago, cbo said:

What he reported is the information that was relayed to him by more than one source.  How is that an agenda?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Why would anyone take PM seriously? He proved last year during the coaching search that he has no real insider ties. Believing him is like listening to Mikey about the great depth we have on the oline that was recruited by Gustav 

Nobody had any information because the search wasn't being conducted in the same way most coaching searches are conducted.  It was done inside Allen Greene's office. PM's contacts are extensive and people inside the athletic department tell him things because they have known him for decades.  Those type traditional contacts don't do much good when the AD isn't even telling his own support staff who he has contacted.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Ausburn2 said:

There is a young man I met who played o line for Ark State who was recruited by Gus and had him for 1 year before Coach Harsin took over.  Noted the differences between them having played for both.  Said Gus was much more likeable. Harsin not as much but you knew where you stood with him.  Clear path laid out and you knew the choices that he sticks by.  He is an Auburn fan and said let him get his guys in and hang on.  Said he trusts HarsinAlso pointed out that most important thing you need is a coach more than personality.  "Harsin is a coach and it's football"

That's kind of funny. 

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

One day in the not so distant future...after Coach Harsin has forced the midget down the road into retirement, and forced the lesbian gym teacher to take up his true calling of coaching Jr Pro girls Volleyball....when ESPN is making the 30 for 30 on Auburn's road to glory called " Breaking Bama- Brian Harsins road to glory" after we win our 3rd Natty in 5 years.....This will all come out about how he ran off the top WR to help change the culture of AU football forever.

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

John Lennon, 1971

• Haha 1

Wow....13 pages on Kobe not on the team....school isn't in session and he was removed, that's between Kobe and the coach...

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

Guys, I think we found Philip Marshall. 

I have an idea who you are talking about but that block list has saved me

• Like 1