Kobe gone

PigskinPat

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Well... that settles it.  If multiple people on a message board agree, it must be fact.  The right thing to do would have been to assist the kid in finding a landing spot.  Nobody has asked Harsin if he met with KH and informed him of his scholarship not being renewed.  They won't likely ask the question because they aren't likely to get a straight answer.  I don't dislike Harsin.  I want him to succeed.  That doesn't mean that I won't question something when I think it warrants being questioned.  That's life.

Major CFB HC’s determine who gets offered scholarships each year. Has been that way for awhile now. Actually that’s life.

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

It's dumb to mock people's interest in a star player's dismissal. 

Oh make no mistake, I'm not mocking the interest In his dismissal

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

It's dumb to mock people's interest in a star player's dismissal. 

i have lectured and lectured and lectured bird. i have stood him in the corner. i have taken away his playstation. and um............chill bro they are good friends and playing.

I know nothing at all, but common sense would indicate there’s more to it than Phil’s take or some of the players who have chosen to return would likely not return if BH was as petty as he implied.

Edited by BJCrawford

10 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

Bonus points for 'plethora,' well done

Forgive me  Guapo, I know that I, Jeffe, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again you are angry at something else and are looking to take it out on me?

• Love 1

Sounds to me like PM and his tape recorder has been shown the door and no longer has, if he ever, all of the " ground breaking major headline world shaking earth shattering " locker room scoop. When your career highlight was doing your best Paul Bearer impersonation while taping Vangorder its time to move on. 

Al

• Like 2

On 1/3/2022 at 4:20 PM, LPTiger said:

Allegedly...   how many QB wideouts has nick signed?   id rather sign waddle, ruggs, Julio, etc.   Wideouts vs QB to transform into wideouts. 

Just a follow up to ur questions.  Bolden seems to be pretty good.

On 1/3/2022 at 10:18 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

I am pleasantly surprised how reasonable everyone is being. No one has bad mouthed Kobe. There have been no knee jerk reactions regarding the coaches.  Those New Year resolutions are working so far.  😂😂😂

Actually no one should. This is going to be the new usual in college football and I don’t think it’s a bad thing. These guys should be able to go where they want and where they feel they can improve their chances at playing at this level as well as the next. For as long as I can remember these players were at the mercy of the schools and coaches. Promised playing time that didn’t happen but stuck because of transfer rules. Now teams like uat can’t stockpile 5 star studs . I think it will equal things out much better which will improve the game going forward. Not a big fan of the NIL, but I mean the colleges have been making a fortune of using these players likeness for years. ESPN and colleges chose to make the NCAAF into a semipro team so don’t blame it on the players. 🤔

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Actually no one should. This is going to be the new usual in college football and I don’t think it’s a bad thing. These guys should be able to go where they want and where they feel they can improve their chances at playing at this level as well as the next. For as long as I can remember these players were at the mercy of the schools and coaches. Promised playing time that didn’t happen but stuck because of transfer rules. Now teams like uat can’t stockpile 5 star studs . I think it will equal things out much better which will improve the game going forward. Not a big fan of the NIL, but I mean the colleges have been making a fortune of using these players likeness for years. ESPN and colleges chose to make the NCAAF into a semipro team so don’t blame it on the players. 🤔

As a continuation to your thoughts: Colleges also have no need to allow players that for whatever reason don’t fit into their future plans. They just simply notify them they are not offering them a scholly next cycle. At the most they owe them IMO is adequate notice to get into the portal in due time.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2022 at 4:22 PM, Hank2020 said:

As a continuation to your thoughts: Colleges also have no need to allow players that for whatever reason don’t fit into their future plans. They just simply notify them they are not offering them a scholly next cycle. At the most they owe them IMO is adequate notice to get into the portal in due time.

I disagree. Not that this is the future of college football, but that if a player gets a scholarship, gives 100% effort and maintains a good attitude while staying out of trouble, I personally think they deserve the scholarship for the duration. If we start cutting kids because we found someone better, then they shouldn't have been offered in the first place.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gman87 said:

I disagree. Not that this is the future of college football, but that if a player gets a scholarship, gives 100% effort and maintains a good attitude while staying out of trouble, I personally think they deserve the scholarship for the duration. If we start cutting kids because we found someone better, then they shouldn't have been offered in the first place.

I understand your thoughts and agreed with that rational pre-portal. If it’s OK for player to book (go with better option), should be OK for college’s to do the same IMO.

On 1/3/2022 at 7:23 PM, boisnumber1 said:

Wonder how many times he dropped his phone while typing that farewell.

I wonder how many times fans on this site talk about Alabama, Georgia and other fans bailing on their players when they leave. That thread about negative fans? Wonder if there's any validity to that?

You guys are something else. Backed this kid while he was here. He leaves because of Harsin and what he perceives is a culture differential. He was the greatest thing since sliced bread BEFORE he entered the portal. TEN SECONDS after he's gone, there's all sorts of negative comments and drop jokes. 

But no, AU fans aren't negative to players and former players.

Flame away. Nothing but truth in my post.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Mitchie said:

I wonder how many times fans on this site talk about Alabama, Georgia and other fans bailing on their players when they leave. That thread about negative fans? Wonder if there's any validity to that?

You guys are something else. Backed this kid while he was here. He leaves because of Harsin and what he perceives is a culture differential. He was the greatest thing since sliced bread BEFORE he entered the portal. TEN SECONDS after he's gone, there's all sorts of negative comments and drop jokes. 

Mods, delete this post. I just posted it out of irritation. The phone drop comment irritated me. It should have irritated others.

5 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

He leaves because of Harsin and what he perceives is a culture differential.

He said that he was kicked off the team - for what, who knows? The fact that he's ending up at UCF might suggest that something actually happened and it came up when other teams were looking at him. He was supposedly heading to South Carolina or Ole Miss...how/why does he end up at UCF lol? That's the best offer he had? 

I wish him best of luck.  Make the best of your second chance, you have the talent to be something special

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mitchie said:

Definitely no reason to be negative. Hope he does well.

• Like 1

Catching up on this thread and I'm highly amused that people still consider PM a reliable source of information.

• Like 3