Kobe gone

PigskinPat

27 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

That assumes that he is always correct in his determination of someone's attitude. Nobody would disagree that someone that was a trouble maker should be shown the door.  Part of a coach's job is to teach and mold boys into young men.

Whether he is correct or not, it is part of his role. I also don’t believe these are boys. They are already young men. Not implying they are done maturing but HS is over. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

That is not true at all.  You can't just hate on a guy because he reports something that you don't want to hear./

So Phillip Marshall frequents AUF… this is incredible????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Update on kobe

[RUMOR] Per Phillip Marshall, there was no incident that led to Kobe Hudson's departure. He was told Harsin didn't like his attitude, and would not be renewing his scholarship

renderTimingPixel.png

Complete text from PM:

"Here is what I have been told about wide receiver Kobe Hudson’s shocking departure from the Auburn football team: There was no incident. He did nothing to get into any kind of trouble. He has been a hard worker and has not, at any time, been a discipline problem.

Hudson is intensely competitive and is, at times, outspoken. He was told by wide receivers coach Eric Kiesau that Harsin did not like his attitude and that his scholarship would not be renewed. I have been told the same story by a number of people I trust, and I believe it to be true."

surely you don't boot your best player in a position of need just because you don't like his attitude?

Sounds pretty spot on to me and would make a lot of sense w the "he from the north I'm from the south, he doesn't understand me" comment. Kobe will probably land at another relevant school shortly since there's doesn't appear to be "any real big there, there." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Sounds pretty spot on to me and would make a lot of sense w the "he from the north I'm from the south, he doesn't understand me" comment. Kobe will probably land at another relevant school shortly since there's doesn't appear to be "any real big there, there." 

shocked-im-shocked.gif

• Like 3

Just now, alexava said:

This is hard to process. Isn’t his job to develop players’ attitudes? 

It’s CBH’s job to create an environment and culture to teach and develop his players. But it is the player’s responsibility to accept and apply the lessons. A few in any organization choose not to do so. That’s on them. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

This is hard to process. Isn’t his job to develop players’ attitudes? 

Sure seems like Harsin has been pretty aggressive from first moment at AU laying out expectations (which obviously are tied to player’s attitudes). Not sure any of this is the actual reality but players not understanding expectations at this point would be hard for me to believe. Another comment would be, no one can control your attitude but yourself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Sure seems like Harsin has been pretty aggressive from first moment at AU laying out expectations (which obviously are tied to player’s attitudes). Not sure any of this is the actual reality but players not understanding expectations at this point would be hard for me to believe. Another comment would be, no one can control your attitude but yourself.

I would add, that if Hudson was not following the guidelines and culture over time, Harsin did not move him out at the first issue. Hudson was in Harsin's program a whole year, and it seems that Harsin simply gave him the opportunities and when Hudson either abused or continued to conflict Harsin told him he was not renewing his Scholarship.

I don't see a knee jerk reaction from HArsin based on time in the program.

One thing I learned, is you better adjust to the boss as as opposed to the making the boss conform to you. 

• Like 2

I've been curious to hear what the reason was to determine what kind of ship Harsin is running. But I don't even believe PM here. Sounds ridiculously stupid. And if his attitude was that poor he wouldn't have gotten playing time all year. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I thought you had to have cause to not renew a scholarship.

I would imagine those requirements are different from College to College.

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah-no. No way I'm buying what PM says on this one. Doesn't add up.

Well..... it was just confirmed by Justin Hokanson from On3.

"It wasn't necessarily anything specific Hudson did to be "kicked off," he just wasn't meeting the standards expected of him, and so he was told he wouldn't have his scholarship renewed."

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I would imagine those requirements are different from College to College.

The SEC implemented the 4 year offers a few years ago. So it would mean canceling that. And I'm not sure you can. The whole deal with that was it was to protect players from being processed or flippantly screwed over by a coach. 

Just now, AUght2win said:

The SEC implemented the 4 year offers a few years ago. So it would mean canceling that. And I'm not sure you can. The whole deal with that was it was to protect players from being processed or flippantly screwed over by a coach. 

I thought year by year offerings were still active. I do remember them instituting a four year offer though.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I thought year by year offerings were still active. I do remember them instituting a four year offer though.

I would be willing to bet things have changed in this area since the NIL has been enacted.  We just haven’t heard about it.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I would be willing to bet things have changed in this area since the NIL has been enacted.  We just haven’t heard about it.

If Kobe was told "you still have a scholarship but you'll be relegated to scout team and would be better off looking for playing time elsewhere" that's kinda the same thing. 

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

"It wasn't necessarily anything specific Hudson did to be "kicked off," he just wasn't meeting the standards expected of him, and so he was told he wouldn't have his scholarship renewed."

"Not meeting the standards expected of you" rarely ends well for you.  There are no participation trophies in major college football.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

It’s not an SEC thing.  It was put out by the last Auburn administration that they would honor a four year commitment.   That was obviously terminated by this administration if what is being put out is true.  

8 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

It’s not an SEC thing.  It was put out by the last Auburn administration that they would honor a four year commitment.   That was obviously terminated by this administration if what is being put out is true.  

Yes, players can transfer for any reason or for no reason and Auburn can choose not to renew their scholarship for any reason or for no reason.

• Thanks 1

“Not meeting the standards expected of him”  

This Is the reason for his dismal.

Assuming that this report is true,Why would anyone be upset at CBH? 
I mean that’s pretty much the definition of why anyone gets fired/kicked off of a team/asked to move on...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

“Not meeting the standards expected of him”  

This Is the reason for his dismal.

Assuming that this report is true,Why would anyone be upset at CBH? 
I mean that’s pretty much the definition of why anyone gets fired/kicked off of a team/asked to move on...

Many employers rate performance on a scale like the following:

Greatly exceeds expectations -- commonly called a "greatly exceeds/fully promotable employee"

Exceeds expectations -- commonly called a "exceeds/promotable employee"

Meets  expectations -- commonly called a "meets/retain in place employee"

Does not meet expectations -- commonly called "a former employee"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

If Kobe was told "you still have a scholarship but you'll be relegated to scout team and would be better off looking for playing time elsewhere" that's kinda the same thing. 

I’m not sure how this went down, but when one side gets something (players getting the portal) the other side (coaches and universities) have to adjust to the *new normal*.  This situation seems like an adjustment by CBH.  If Kobe didn’t meet the standards, the coach has options.