Kobe gone

PigskinPat

18 hours ago, AU9377 said:

That is not true at all.  You can't just hate on a guy because he reports something that you don't want to hear./

PM has done plenty to warrant the hate from people. Are you a member of that site? People get banned and deleted all the time for simply asking things that question him as a journalist. 

18 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Nobody had any information because the search wasn't being conducted in the same way most coaching searches are conducted.  It was done inside Allen Greene's office. PM's contacts are extensive and people inside the athletic department tell him things because they have known him for decades.  Those type traditional contacts don't do much good when the AD isn't even telling his own support staff who he has contacted.

Didn't mean to quote this one. 

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Well..... it was just confirmed by Justin Hokanson from On3.

"It wasn't necessarily anything specific Hudson did to be "kicked off," he just wasn't meeting the standards expected of him, and so he was told he wouldn't have his scholarship renewed."

What Hoke wrote and what PM wrote do not read the same to me. Hoke said it "wasn't any one particular incident but he wasn't meeting the standards.

PM wrote that "there was NO incident and CBH didn't like his attitude so KH was told he wouldn't get his scholarship renewed."   

Do both of those sound the same to you? Or does one have a bit of twist in it? That is what PM is known for. He puts his jabs in mixed with what could have started with the truth and turns it towards his agenda. I know a giant Media company that would love to have PM on staff.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

PM has done plenty to warrant the hate from people. Are you a member of that site? People get banned and deleted all the time for simply asking things that question him as a journalist. 

What Hoke wrote and what PM wrote do not read the same to me. Hoke said it "wasn't any one particular incident but he wasn't meeting the standards.

PM wrote that "there was NO incident and CBH didn't like his attitude so KH was told he wouldn't get his scholarship renewed."   

Do both of those sound the same to you? Or does one have a bit of twist in it? That is what PM is known for. He puts his jabs in mixed with what could have started with the truth and turns it towards his agenda. I know a giant Media company that would love to have PM on staff.

Agree seems to be different.

• Like 1

Not meeting standards could mean all kinds of things unrelated to performance, late to meetings, not going to workouts, not doing school work, etc. It makes me curious. I certainly hope this will be a learning lesson for Kobe. I hate so much that a kid that wanted to play for Auburn his whole life doesn't have that opportunity any more. I'm sad about that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Not meeting standards could mean all kinds of things unrelated to performance, late to meetings, not going to workouts, not doing school work, etc. It makes me curious. I certainly hope this will be a learning lesson for Kobe. I hate so much that a kid that wanted to play for Auburn his whole life doesn't have that opportunity any more. I'm sad about that.

He has an opportunity to still be on the team by re-earning that scholarship and doing the work and staying in school.  but he is not gonna choose that route.  hope he realizes things as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

He has an opportunity to still be on the team by re-earning that scholarship and doing the work and staying in school.  but he is not gonna choose that route.  hope he realizes things as well.

Is that really an option? I don't say this to question you, just genuinely curious. IF a player is told you haven't been meeting the standards (for whatever reason) and we will not be renewing your scholarship....Would the coach allow him to stay on as a walk on?

On 1/7/2022 at 5:13 PM, aubiefifty said:

i am not sure i like this but maybe i am missing something.

Update on kobe

[RUMOR] Per Phillip Marshall, there was no incident that led to Kobe Hudson's departure. He was told Harsin didn't like his attitude, and would not be renewing his scholarship

renderTimingPixel.png

Complete text from PM:

"Here is what I have been told about wide receiver Kobe Hudson’s shocking departure from the Auburn football team: There was no incident. He did nothing to get into any kind of trouble. He has been a hard worker and has not, at any time, been a discipline problem.

Hudson is intensely competitive and is, at times, outspoken. He was told by wide receivers coach Eric Kiesau that Harsin did not like his attitude and that his scholarship would not be renewed. I have been told the same story by a number of people I trust, and I believe it to be true."

PM has gone downhill lately (and was never just great to begin with), but being told the same thing from multiple people is hard to get wrong. But surely you don't boot your best player in a position of need just because you don't like his attitude?

I find this hard to believe simply because Harsin doesn’t strike me as the guy to hide behind another coach to boot a player.  He seems like the guy to just tell you himself.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Many employers rate performance on a scale like the following:

Greatly exceeds expectations -- commonly called a "greatly exceeds/fully promotable employee"

Exceeds expectations -- commonly called a "exceeds/promotable employee"

Meets  expectations -- commonly called a "meets/retain in place employee"

Does not meet expectations -- commonly called "a former employee"

They certainly do.  If we were discussing an employee at Kia, that would be relevant.  A student athlete is not an employee.  Like I have said several times, Harsin has every right to do whatever he wants without explanation.  However, people are also very justified in questioning whatever they so choose.  There are only a couple of coaches in the country that have the cache of good will to do whatever they want without being questioned.  They earned that kind of standing.

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

Again PM is a tool with no inside information anymore 

Again, that is strictly your personal opinion and is not based on anything other than assumptions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Saying there wasn't any one particular incident and saying there wasn't anything specific is saying the same damn thing. The information being relayed is that there was no event that resulted in the decision.

Do you need it to sound prettier?  What do you think "meeting the standards" means when that standard is vague and not the result of some act or event? 

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Is that really an option? I don't say this to question you, just genuinely curious. IF a player is told you haven't been meeting the standards (for whatever reason) and we will not be renewing your scholarship....Would the coach allow him to stay on as a walk on?

Didn't Aairon Savage do something like that way back when?  Not due to behavior, but played a few years and had a fairly catastrophic injury, redshirted, then hung around as a walk-on, then rejoined as a scholarship player?  Something went sideways with his medical redshirt season or something, but a year later went back on scholarship.  Ended up being on the roster for like six or seven years.

Entirely possible I'm misremembering the situation...or player...or both.

WDE!

I'm not saying this is the case because I have no knowledge but it could be as simple as Player A likes to smoke the weed and test positive for it, Coach X says quit the weed if you want to stay on the team, Player A keeps smoking up, no scholarship renewal. 

It could be so many things.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

If we were discussing an employee at Kia, that would be relevant.  A student athlete is not an employee. 

So because Kobe isn't "an employee" Hars was supposed to tolerate him not meeting expectations?  What would it take for you to dismiss him, class 1 felony?

39 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Saying there wasn't any one particular incident and saying there wasn't anything specific is saying the same damn thing. The information being relayed is that there was no event that resulted in the decision.

Do you need it to sound prettier?  What do you think "meeting the standards" means when that standard is vague and not the result of some act or event? 

What ever you need to sleep tonight, Phil.

Multiple people have agreed that those two reports are NOT the same. One reads with a negative spin on the staff as if Kobe did nothing wrong. The other says he wasn't booted for ONE particular incidents, but not meeting standards. Hoke also reported (not sure if in same post or a previous one) that there were issues with Kobe and the "standard" going all the way back to spring.  Not meeting the standard does not necessarily mean bad attitude. It could...but it could also mean a plethora of other things. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/4/2022 at 12:35 PM, AUght2win said:

I've seen very few kids publicly, voluntarily, admit they were booted. In fact, Kobe is the only one I've seen. Usually players are booted and don't say a word, as they have some awareness that they were in the wrong. You can automatically dismiss this but it IS different. If it isn't, find me another instance of a social media blowup from a booted player. 

This is a good point. It only harm’s Kobe’s appeal to a potential new team to admit he was kicked off the team, and to publicly admit he and his coach(es) had an issue between them.

And that may be answer the questions on why Kobe was dismissed. He clearly is not the most mature when dealing with disagreements between himself and his coaches.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This is one strange thread

But I need to know why it's so strange. What made you think and say that it was strange? I want to know...I need to know!  Tell me, tell me, tell me! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This is one strange thread

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

But I need to know why it's so strange. What made you think and say that it was strange? I want to know...I need to know!  Tell me, tell me, tell me! 

Need to know your opinion so we can transgress these transgressive options. Then we can expose each other's idiotic ideas.  Should be good for at least 15 pages of chest pumping.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Multiple people have agreed that those two reports are NOT the same. One reads with a negative spin on the staff as if Kobe did nothing wrong. The other says he wasn't booted for ONE particular incidents, but not meeting standards. Hoke also reported (not sure if in same post or a previous one) that there were issues with Kobe and the "standard" going all the way back to spring.  Not meeting the standard does not necessarily mean bad attitude. It could...but it could also mean a plethora of other things. 

Bonus points for 'plethora,' well done

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/7/2022 at 9:40 PM, AU9377 said:

That assumes that he is always correct in his determination of someone's attitude. Nobody would disagree that someone that was a trouble maker should be shown the door.  Part of a coach's job is to teach and mold boys into young men.

It might also be something KH needed to happen as part of the molding into his best self and CBH did him a favor in doing before it ruined his career.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's dumb to mock people's interest in a star player's dismissal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Well... that settles it.  If multiple people on a message board agree, it must be fact.  The right thing to do would have been to assist the kid in finding a landing spot.  Nobody has asked Harsin if he met with KH and informed him of his scholarship not being renewed.  They won't likely ask the question because they aren't likely to get a straight answer.  I don't dislike Harsin.  I want him to succeed.  That doesn't mean that I won't question something when I think it warrants being questioned.  That's life.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Well... that settles it.  If multiple people on a message board agree, it must be fact.  The right thing to do would have been to assist the kid in finding a landing spot.  Nobody has asked Harsin if he met with KH and informed him of his scholarship not being renewed.  They won't likely ask the question because they aren't likely to get a straight answer.  I don't dislike Harsin.  I want him to succeed.  That doesn't mean that I won't question something when I think it warrants being questioned.  That's life.

That you Phillip?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Your being a bit ridiculous here. All I am saying that those two articles clearly do not say the same.

What exactly do think warrants being questioned? Do you honestly think that any HC would run off the top player in a position group that was probably the worst on the team without having multiple conversations with him? Come on.

• Like 2