I’m a single issue voter

TexasTiger

I don’t care about party, per se, or the specific policy proposals if the persons priorities and rhetoric don’t align preserving a meaningful representative democracy.

B049B67D-CBA0-4A6F-A373-3028FC53F82B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

In the 2020 election we all did agree that there was a single-issue that drove the vote.  The issue was Trump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

On 2/1/2022 at 12:58 PM, I_M4_AU said:

In the 2020 election we all did agree that there was a single-issue that drove the vote.  The issue was Trump.

And since then, we have learned that Trump is a direct and eminent threat to our democracy.

So, what's your point again?

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

Guys, if you think "We aint trump," even when trump is not even on the ballot, is a winning election issue, you are going to be so sad come November...

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Guys, if you think "We aint trump," even when trump is not even on the ballot, is a winning election issue, you are going to be so sad come November...

You’ve started that thread dozens of times. Start another if you’d like. Don’t derail this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I agree that issues should be more important.  However, in Georgia, Trump is putting himself into the race.  He is now running an ad supporting Kemp's opponent, the former Ga Senator, Perdue.  He reminds everyone that Kemp was not there when he needed him to be.  In other words, he refused to help me steal the electoral votes in Georgia.

Edited by AU9377
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

Back on topic. Does anyone think that people are voting to dismantle our democracy (republic)?

No. Different opinions dont mean that the other side is "EVIL."

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I agree that issues should be more important.  However, in Georgia, Trump is putting himself into the race.  He is now running an ad supporting Kemp's opponent, the former Ga Senator, Perdue.  He reminds everyone that Kemp was not there when he needed him to be.  In other words, he refused to help me steal the electoral votes in Georgia.

Of course he is, but he's not running in 2022. Look, the Dems are practically rolling over to lose to him.

12 hours ago, Grumps said:

Back on topic. Does anyone think that people are voting to dismantle our democracy (republic)?

Intentionally? Not many. They’ve been convinced elections are being stolen which justifies overturning them. Once that power is obtained, they convince themselves every outcome they don’t support is fraudulent. That’s where we are now. But they allowed themselves to believe what they want without persuasive evidence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Grumps said:

Not knowingly.  Most are simply delusional enough to actually believe Trump's proclamation that he actually won, no matter what the courts and less delusional people say - including those in their own party.

Some may want a "democracy" that is biased toward their views instead of the majority of the country's citizens, which is about as democratic as the "Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea".

Why do you ask such a question?

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Intentionally? Not many. They’ve been convinced elections are being stolen which justifies overturning them. Once that power is obtained, they convince themselves every outcome they don’t support is fraudulent. That’s where we are now. But they allowed themselves to believe what they want without persuasive evidence. 

I agree with you 100%. That's why the original quote is so silly. EVERYONE now thinks that they are voting to save our democracy. We are all kidding ourselves.

This next election will be the most important election in the history of our country...just like the last one and the one before that and the one before that and the one before that.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Not knowingly.  Most are simply delusional enough to actually believe Trump's proclamation that he actually won, no matter what the courts and less delusional people say - including those in their own party.

Some may want a "democracy" that is biased toward their views instead of the majority of the country's citizens, which is about as democratic as the "Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea".

Why do you ask such a question?

If you read the OP it says, "I'm a single issue voter. My single issue is the preservation of American democracy." It seems like if she is voting to preserve American democracy that people who vote for the other candidate are voting to dismantle democracy, at least in her opinion. My only reason for posting it is that it seems like a silly thing to say. It fits in with the current narrative that my side is righteous and the other side is evil. I think it is incorrect thinking.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I agree with you 100%. That's why the original quote is so silly. EVERYONE now thinks that they are voting to save our democracy. We are all kidding ourselves.

This next election will be the most important election in the history of our country...just like the last one and the one before that and the one before that and the one before that.

I don’t think it’s silly at all. Changing laws and processes that have worked for decades to get the outcome you want because you choose to believe utter bull*^%# is the key variable threatening free and fair elections. Giving legislative bodies and administrative units the authority to overturn results you don’t like is how banana republics work. When one side works to subvert nonpartisan laws/procedures because of manufacturered “fraud”, both sides are hardly the same. You routinely look the other way because you prefer a side that benefits from the dishonesty. If you’re ignorant of what’s going on, it’s willful. You’re interested enough to engage a political forum, so it’s not you’re just not interested in politics/government. These last several years I find myself more aligned with never Trump Republicans, many of whom like some of his policies, but know he threatens our democratic future. They are not the win at all cost Republicans or the Democrats who’s views are colored by his policy positions they disagree with. For me, most policy issues/differences are secondary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Changing laws and processes that have worked for decades to get the outcome you want is the key variable threatening free and fair elections. 

When one side works to subvert nonpartisan laws/procedures both sides are hardly the same.

You routinely look the other way because you prefer a side that benefits from the dishonesty.

If you’re ignorant of what’s going on, it’s willful.

I think most of the country agrees. 

• Thanks 1

Many like/dislike Tucker. He earned it, no problem. On this topic he has some salient points. I hope you will watch/read its entirety. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/02/02/tucker_carlson_our_democracy_is_no_longer_functioning_properly.html

• Dislike 1

21 hours ago, Grumps said:

If you read the OP it says, "I'm a single issue voter. My single issue is the preservation of American democracy." It seems like if she is voting to preserve American democracy that people who vote for the other candidate are voting to dismantle democracy, at least in her opinion. My only reason for posting it is that it seems like a silly thing to say. It fits in with the current narrative that my side is righteous and the other side is evil. I think it is incorrect thinking.

You are reading way too much into it.  It's political rhetoric.

And it's certainly not "silly", when so many in the opposing party continue to support a candidate who clearly tried to overturn the results of the last legal election and will do so again given the chance.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Grumps said:

If you really don't see Trump as a unique and unprecedented threat to this country's democracy then I don't know what to say, other than you just don't keep up with the news or you are in denial.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

If you really don't see Trump as a unique and unprecedented threat to this country's democracy then I don't know what to say, other than you just don't keep up with the news or you are in denial.

I don't care even a little bit about Trump, so I don't think I am in denial. I may not keep up well with the news because I don't see Trump as anything more than an egotistical ex-POTUS who wants to still be relevant. He is likely LOVING the focus he is still getting from the idiots on left and from the MAGAs. Our democratic republic voted Trump out of office and he is out of office. He won't be POTUS (or any other office again) unless he is democratically elected. Our country's democracy is working as intended. That is likely why people want to change it.

• Dislike 2

15 hours ago, Grumps said:

I don't care even a little bit about Trump, so I don't think I am in denial. I may not keep up well with the news because I don't see Trump as anything more than an egotistical ex-POTUS who wants to still be relevant. He is likely LOVING the focus he is still getting from the idiots on left and from the MAGAs. Our democratic republic voted Trump out of office and he is out of office. He won't be POTUS (or any other office again) unless he is democratically elected. Our country's democracy is working as intended. That is likely why people want to change it.

And that would be denial.  :no:

• Haha 1

On 2/3/2022 at 12:28 PM, homersapien said:

You are reading way too much into it.  It's political rhetoric.

And it's certainly not "silly", when so many in the opposing party continue to support a candidate who clearly tried to overturn the results of the last legal election and will do so again given the chance.

“Legal election” - come on now.  Hell, there’s two states that are recognizing they counted illegal votes.  

Start w/ Pennsylvania:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/pennsylvania/articles/2022-01-28/pennsylvania-court-strikes-down-expansive-mail-in-voting-law?context=amp

• Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

“Legal election” - come on now.  Hell, there’s two states that are recognizing they counted illegal votes.  

Start w/ Pennsylvania:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/pennsylvania/articles/2022-01-28/pennsylvania-court-strikes-down-expansive-mail-in-voting-law?context=amp

Like every election, there are some small irregularities. At no point has anyone anywhere been able to show where one electoral college vote was anywhere near getting flipped. Small insignificant issues are everyday things. No one I know has filed papers that flipped even one EC Vote. For trump and his ass kissers to be 1% correct they would have to flip 30 EC Votes. So far that is a 100% Fail.

29 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Like every election, there are some small irregularities. At no point has anyone anywhere been able to show where one electoral college vote was anywhere near getting flipped. Small insignificant issues are everyday things. No one I know has filed papers that flipped even one EC Vote. For trump and his ass kissers to be 1% correct they would have to flip 30 EC Votes. So far that is a 100% Fail.

Let’s really zoom in on what you’re saying.  If “small irregularities” = rogue Secretaries of State violating their state constitutions to stuff ballot boxes………hell, what’s a big irregularity to you?  Don’t be so dishonest, goodness.