Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Alright I have to ask… what the hell is the “K”

Legal shorthand for contract 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

Alright I have to ask… what the hell is the “K”

Sorry I had used it a ton on here previously so I had assumed most had caught on. my bad. Shouldn't use legal shorthand on the forums.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

your wife maybe not mine.

Sorry your wife is behind the fashion curve.  I didn't want you to find out like this.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Sorry I had used it a ton on here previously so I had assumed most had caught on. my bad. Shouldn't use legal shorthand on the forums.

Continue on with your legal mumbo jumbo

3 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I'm thinking its millennial for contract... 🤷‍♂️

If millennial means 60 year old law Professors then sure its millennial for contract🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Where did anyone invent dirt and smear Malzahn or Chizik out of town? They were bought out of their contracts. That happens at every major program and usually follows the circumstances that prompted the buyouts. Bowden? Maybe. His program was pretty much a disaster before all the booster's daughter innuendo started floating around and he outright quit mid-season. Not the same thing. 

Alabama went through this prior to Saban. Tennessee has been going through it for years. Georgia had a vocal contingent that had wanted Richt gone for some time, from what I understand. McElwain and Mullins were both run out of Florida in a hurry. It's not the Auburn way, it's college football. 

Exactly. Like it or not coaches are making millions and they are expected to win . There are no excuse . Heck even in high school today it’s that way. So if you want to play at this level then you have to accept the fall out. If Harsin want peace and tranquility I suggest he sign up to coach a sandlot team for free. But in the big league of D1 SEC WEST football it is not peace and tranquility. I’m sure of hired someone to build your house and he gets it half way  and then burns it to the ground, are not going to Pat him on the back and tell him not to worry about it. With the players that left, the coaches that left and lack of recruiting at the end of the cycle, it is quite simple that Harsin took his eye of the ball and in doing so struck out. It happens to the best of them. So now next batter up and we will all hope the next one crushes a home run 😊

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

4 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I'm thinking its millennial for contract... 🤷‍♂️

I think you might be overestimating WED's age, lol.

Continue on with your legal mumbo jumbo

🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Where did anyone invent dirt and smear Malzahn or Chizik out of town? They were bought out of their contracts. That happens at every major program and usually follows the circumstances that prompted the buyouts. Bowden? Maybe. His program was pretty much a disaster before all the booster's daughter innuendo started floating around and he outright quit mid-season. Not the same thing. 

Alabama went through this prior to Saban. Tennessee has been going through it for years. Georgia had a vocal contingent that had wanted Richt gone for some time, from what I understand. McElwain and Mullins were both run out of Florida in a hurry. It's not the Auburn way, it's college football. 

If you are a top program in CFB, you are losing coaches either to the NFL (which doesn't happen often) or firing them. Very rarely do they make it to retirement. A place like Auburn isnt at that level where they are losing guys to other jobs, so the only other outcome is that they are fired. Tubs and Malzahn were both here for decently long stints and both had some great years. 

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Did they have an insider stamp? 

Whoa, bud.  No need to attack the people with @DAGinsider badges 

<<---------- Says it right there

Edited by W.E.D
  • Haha 2

Just now, Didba said:

🤦‍♂️

Dude “K” has come up like 20 times in the last couple of days. You wouldn’t imagine some of the things I have tried to insert 

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If I see a girl in skinny jeans I'm immediately saying NEXT!

Can't be messing with these chicks behind the fashion curve.  Sorry darling, these are for boys now.  Enjoy your JNCOs

4 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

This is why we can't have anything nice. What's the bill gonna be for the next few years for coaches no longer at Auburn?

Now add to that an almost entirely new staff.   

Does the cycle never end?

It has not for UT, and apparently many fanatics and boosters will not be happy until they get us on the UT plan. But, wait, the next hire is going to be a blockbuster, the next Saban, and all this will end.

Wait, the AD fell short, he was weak and incompetent because he could not get the big name coach the fanatics just knew was itching to jump into this dumpster fire (ignore for the moment all the lesser coaches that said no to AU) and the AD should have hired him. Now we have to fire the AD because he failed to deliver.

So, now we have to go to the boosters to raise money to buyout ANOTHER 20 million contract. Now, the boosters, getting tired of having to shell out millions to replace coaches, shamelessly want some input into who the new coach will be. Can you imagine the GAUL of that? Just because they are constantly asked to contribute millions to buy out bad coaches, they think they should have some say as to who the next coach will be. Don't they know they are supposed to sit down, shut up, and write the checks and let the fans, the AD, and other experts hire and fire coaches.

Now, take a trip back to the good old days when the head coach (namely Pat Dye) was hired by  and reported not to the president, but directly to the BOT. 

Not sure how we come out worse, letting the Boosters hire the coach or the AD. At this point, I think our best shot would just be to throw a dart (well, I mean other than letting the fanatics on the boards hire and fire coaches based on a poll in the forum)

Dude “K” has come up like 20 times in the last couple of days. You wouldn’t imagine some of the things I have tried to insert 

Hahaha, you should've asked sooner, I have no problem explaining.  That cracks me up though... "K, this and K that... what the hell does this K thing mean!?!?"

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hahaha, you should've asked sooner, I have no problem explaining.  That cracks me up though... "K, this and K that... what the hell does this K thing mean!?!?"

I figured it was something you learned in the donor section 🤷‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

Welp @DAGsounds like Freeze maybe gaining some traction. I know finebaum is trash but there have been some references about Freeze

I hope so.  I also hope NIL will help him recruit like at OM, except legally, lol.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

Welp @DAGsounds like Freeze maybe gaining some traction. I know finebaum is trash but there have been some references about Freeze

I would be totally excited and all is forgiven. My only question is why didn’t they listen to us last year. We were right all along 😂 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I hope so.  I also hope NIL will help him recruit like at OM, except legally, lol.

8 minutes ago, e808 said:

Freeze is a guy the PTB can go bass fishing with so they would sign off on him 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wcware said:

I figured it was something you learned in the donor section 🤷‍♂️ 

Nope, just law school.

• Like 1

I swear this all feels like the TV series Friday Night lights except in place of Coach Taylor vs. Buddy Garrity we have Coach Harsin vs. TPB.

Is there a possibility if Harsin survives that there would be "New" booster money who could come in to try and get rid of the good 'ol boys or does that Yella Fella have too strong of a hold?

Surely there are other people in the area with large sums of money willing to support the school and let the coach be the coach.

• Haha 1