Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Just now, Hank2020 said:

A runner in skinny jeans and white NB hand delivers.

Those two things do not go together. My mind explodes just imagining it.

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

This

You can’t be a person of integrity and support what appears to be happening here.  It’s happened too many times now to be a coincidence. At this point I’m either at show me the evidence, don’t fire him or find new fans cause any other option and I’m out. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. Claiming integrity while supporting the extreme opposite of it is well past being double minded. I know many won’t agree and that’s ok. Not looking for agreement. Just speaking the honest truth. 

Now, should all this be proven legitimate with actual evidence and not just he said she said garbage then I’ll stay on board. But this is the last straw for me. Either they show integrity or prove they have none and whether or not anyone supports them after this should hinge on that. 

So you're mad that this hasn't been handled behind closed doors but here you are on a public forum "demanding" that someone show you evidence.

This has been an investigation that has gone on for a while, behind closed doors, and no one knew about it.  We're at the extreme end of it.  99% of it was silent.

Lots of overreaction here & the post you quoted

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, wcware said:

What do you guys think. Do I take the red pill or the blue pill.

Neither.  Trick question.  Take the purple one in his pocket.

11 minutes ago, wcware said:

A world with insight and understanding like never before, limitless possibilities and closets overflowing with skinny jeans. To be forever removed from a society filled with grass stained New Balances.

As well as banana hammocks.

13 minutes ago, wcware said:

Do you have a secret handshake or code word, that’s all I really need to know.

Foliage

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Pretty sure that’s the big part of AGs job is hiring coaches . So if you flunk that job then you should expect to get canned. As I said I think Harsin was pushed by AG . I think  he was wrong.

Sure, but the original post to which I’m replying says AG was under fire the moment he hired Harsin. Why?

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

This

You can’t be a person of integrity and support what appears to be happening here.  It’s happened too many times now to be a coincidence. At this point I’m either at show me the evidence, don’t fire him or find new fans cause any other option and I’m out. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. Claiming integrity while supporting the extreme opposite of it is well past being double minded. I know many won’t agree and that’s ok. Not looking for agreement. Just speaking the honest truth. 

Now, should all this be proven legitimate with actual evidence and not just he said she said garbage then I’ll stay on board. But this is the last straw for me. Either they show integrity or prove they have none and whether or not anyone supports them after this should hinge on that. 

And that should work for EVERYBODY. You can't be a person of integrity when you do it with a player, another person besides the head coach. All of it

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So you're mad that this hasn't been handled behind closed doors but here you are on a public forum "demanding" that someone show you evidence.

This has been an investigation that has gone on for a while, behind closed doors, and no one knew about it.  We're at the extreme end of it.  99% of it was silent.

Lots of overreaction here & the post you quoted

I’m demanding evidence IF he’s fired.  Has nothing to do with a public forum or this site

18 minutes ago, wcware said:

What do you guys think. Do I take the red pill or the blue pill. Once you make a donation, you will never look at things the same again. Am I ready? Can my feeble little mind handle the rushing river of a new reality? A world with insight and understanding like never before, limitless possibilities and closets overflowing with skinny jeans. To be forever removed from a society filled with grass stained New Balances. Do you have a secret handshake or code word, that’s all I really need to know.

If you wake up not knowing where you are, how you got there and walking funny, you took the wrong pill.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

I’m demanding evidence IF he’s fired.  Has nothing to do with a public forum or this site

Some of it will come out. Auburn can't fire a coach after a year without being made a laughing stock....I mean we are but they'll at least provide some sort of basis to this. There's a contract

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Neither.  Trick question.  Take the purple one in his pocket.

As well as banana hammocks.

Foliage

Foliage? I don’t know French.

Guest MustardSeed
5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And that should work for EVERYBODY. You can't be a person of integrity when you do it with a player, another person besides the head coach. All of it

Not disagreeing 

6 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Why would his job be in jeopardy just for hiring Harsin?

He basically went against what the PTB wanted while there was infighting between them. It should be stated Greene didn’t really want to fire Gus in the first place. 

And before we go on this crusade for Greene and/or Harsin, PTB, the money people, the big meanies, whatever you want to call them, they do call the shots and auburn is not the only place where this happens. They write the checks so they get what comes with that. You can’t tell me there’s a major powerhouse program that doesn’t have their own PTB that call the shots. We had Lowder, we had Dye, and now out of all this mess, we have another top dog. No more infighting. No more power vacuum. They’re aligned. The new president is aligned. The next AD will be aligned. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Taco said:

He basically went against what the PTB wanted while there was infighting between them. It should be stated Greene didn’t really want to fire Gus in the first place. 

And before we go on this crusade for Greene and/or Harsin, PTB, the money people, the big meanies, whatever you want to call them, they do call the shots and auburn is not the only place where this happens. They write the checks so they get what comes with that. You can’t tell me there’s a major powerhouse program that doesn’t have their own PTB that call the shots. We had Lowder, we had Dye, and now out of all this mess, we have another top dog. No more infighting. No more power vacuum. They’re aligned. The new president is aligned. The next AD will be aligned. 

Can we all agree that Pearl should be the AD when he quits coaching? Please 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Sure, but the original post to which I’m replying says AG was under fire the moment he hired Harsin. Why?

As I understand it, one or more of the boosters wanted Kevin Steele as HC (their golden pass to the inside). Apparently he/they got upset and had it in for both AG and Harsin when it didn't happen.

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Because a lot of people felt he wasn’t right. We haven’t seen all the things they have. Let’s put it this way you could have a great coach that only speaks French and all your players speak Russian . Unless the coach can learn to speak their language then it’s not going to work. And making all the players learn French isn’t going to work either. You can beat a square peg into a round hole iF you wish but the peg ain’t going to be worth crap when you are done. Harsin might do good in an environment that he was raised in but not be successful elsewhere. I think this sums up Harsin experience at AU. Bruce in the other hand came in and immediately won over not only the players but the students as well and that’s what it takes to be successful. Heck even Gus worked hard to win over the students and faculty. My opinion is that was a crucial mistake with Harsin. It’s not only the players but staff as well that hasn’t been thrilled with Harsin or even Green of late. 🤔 

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Some of it will come out. Auburn can't fire a coach after a year without being made a laughing stock....I mean we are but they'll at least provide some sort of basis to this. There's a contract

Naturally, but if the evidence that comes out is he said/she said and not actual evidence then everyone will know what the actual case is…the PTB wanted their power back and they can have it without people like me. It’ll be a sad day for me to admit a lifelong relationship of being a hardcore fan of what was once a great university comes to an end. But it will be necessary. I can’t represent one thing in my daily life and on weekends represent something else. The AU family used to mean something worth standing for. It’s rapidly crumbling (well in public anyways, it crumbled years ago in other ways)

1 minute ago, gman87 said:

As I understand it, one or more of the boosters wanted Kevin Steele as HC (their golden pass to the inside). Apparently he/they got upset and had it in for both AG and Harsin when it didn't happen.

I’m can’t wait to see who our next coach is! If they don’t get this hire right, bless their hearts. They have got to be filling the pressure 

38 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Sorry I accidentally beat you to it. You deserved to be first.

I suppose I'll forgive you. I'll try again at 200.

Edited by Jaba4ever
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

Naturally, but if the evidence that comes out is he said/she said and not actual evidence then everyone will know what the actual case is…the PTB wanted their power back and they can have it without people like me. It’ll be a sad day for me to admit a lifelong relationship of being a hardcore fan of what was once a great university comes to an end. But it will be necessary. I can’t represent one thing in my daily life and on weekends represent something else. The AU family used to mean something worth standing for. It’s rapidly crumbling (well in public anyways, it crumbled years ago in other ways)

It’s always been this way. It’s this way everywhere. NIL has given them ALL the power.

1 minute ago, wcware said:

I’m can’t wait to see who our next coach is! If they don’t get this hire right, bless their hearts. They have got to be filling the pressure 

As fans & alum it'll be bless our hearts because the very people that instigated this mess we're seeing right now will be the same people that will hire the next guy.

• Like 1