Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

49 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

yeah, it was posted earlier in the thread. 

I don't agree with the article, especially about Pearl, but I don't think anyone can deny that Auburn is doing a VERY good job at making itself look bad right now. 

Or maybe the "fan base" via social media is the main driving force there?

• Like 1

Just now, Jaba4ever said:

And I wasn't even the first post on the hundredth page :(

Sorry I accidentally beat you to it. You deserved to be first.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Taco said:

I’m no zoologist so I shouldn’t make assumptions before that dodo asks me to prove it

Pretty sure hooves on then end of 4 legs and flies buzzing around is a mule.

I don't know what is true or not true but I do know the way this has been handled has done tremendous harm to Auburn University. The Mods should have shut down all unproven rumors a long time ago.  A man and his family are being assassinated via rumors even if they turn out to be true they should never have been aired until proven.  I would not be surprised to see a lot of Auburn fans becoming reluctant to support Auburn.

Whether the PTB was involved or not a large number of people will assume they were because they don't exactly have a sterling reputation based on past actions. There will be people blaming the PTB for Harsin not signing any players in late signing period because they would not aid in NIL. 

If we end up paying out 18 Million dollars it will either cost our Athletic Budget a lot of money or will impact the ability for the money men to pay into NIL as they had to bail us out again.  I wonder if our new President is already beginning to think he made a mistake for taking this job. I hope is is a very strong leader who will review everything and take the steps to make sure this never happens again be it removing some people in AD offices or removing some peoples access to Auburn even if it costs us money.

Any investigation should not just be did Harsin commit an offense that meets the cause charge but the whole way this has been handled in Public as opposed to being done behind closed doors. I have friends who have texted me asking what type of SHIQ show we run at Auburn. As a person who has always been a proud Auburn Alumni it is difficult to have to admit we blew this big time and it will hurt us for years to come. Sadly my friends are right in how this has been handled.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AUx said:

Pretty sure hooves on then end of 4 legs and flies buzzing around is a mule.

I feel like the stripes on zebras should make them faster. Like a sports car

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Taco said:

I don’t know who the main mod is here but I think @RunInRed runs this board (I appreciate all your work), but if Allen Greene is still AD of Auburn University the day after his contract ends I will donate whatever amount you want me to for this site. 

Oh and I’ll eat shoes and socks for a whole damn year 

Just pay for my donor board membership and all is forgiven my son. I bet a months worth of grass stained NBs would be nasty!

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I would try to get every single cent owed to me. That would be my way of clearing my name. 

And then turn around and start suing people for defamation.

What do you guys think. Do I take the red pill or the blue pill. Once you make a donation, you will never look at things the same again. Am I ready? Can my feeble little mind handle the rushing river of a new reality? A world with insight and understanding like never before, limitless possibilities and closets overflowing with skinny jeans. To be forever removed from a society filled with grass stained New Balances. Do you have a secret handshake or code word, that’s all I really need to know.

1 minute ago, wcware said:

What do you guys think. Do I take the red pill or the blue pill. Once you make a donation, you will never look at things the same again. Am I ready? Can my feeble little mind handle the rushing river of a new reality? A world with insight and understanding like never before, limitless possibilities and closets overflowing with skinny jeans. To be forever removed from a society filled with grass stained New Balances. Do you have a secret handshake or code word, that’s all I really need to know.

How long does it take from donating to being granted access? It doesn't appear to be automagic

1 minute ago, BigBlueWDE said:

How long does it take from donating to being granted access? It doesn't appear to be automagic

They will send you the password via carrier pigeon 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wcware said:

A3098D54-3ADE-4A7D-8F3F-EC8E4FE7A494.jpeg

Guest MustardSeed
7 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I don't know what is true or not true but I do know the way this has been handled has done tremendous harm to Auburn University. The Mods should have shut down all unproven rumors a long time ago.  A man and his family are being assassinated via rumors even if they turn out to be true they should never have been aired until proven.  I would not be surprised to see a lot of Auburn fans becoming reluctant to support Auburn.

Whether the PTB was involved or not a large number of people will assume they were because they don't exactly have a sterling reputation based on past actions. There will be people blaming the PTB for Harsin not signing any players in late signing period because they would not aid in NIL. 

If we end up paying out 18 Million dollars it will either cost our Athletic Budget a lot of money or will impact the ability for the money men to pay into NIL as they had to bail us out again.  I wonder if our new President is already beginning to think he made a mistake for taking this job. I hope is is a very strong leader who will review everything and take the steps to make sure this never happens again be it removing some people in AD offices or removing some peoples access to Auburn even if it costs us money.

Any investigation should not just be did Harsin commit an offense that meets the cause charge but the whole way this has been handled in Public as opposed to being done behind closed doors. I have friends who have texted me asking what type of SHIQ show we run at Auburn. As a person who has always been a proud Auburn Alumni it is difficult to have to admit we blew this big time and it will hurt us for years to come. Sadly my friends are right in how this has been handled.

This

You can’t be a person of integrity and support what appears to be happening here.  It’s happened too many times now to be a coincidence. At this point I’m either at show me the evidence, don’t fire him or find new fans cause any other option and I’m out. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. Claiming integrity while supporting the extreme opposite of it is well past being double minded. I know many won’t agree and that’s ok. Not looking for agreement. Just speaking the honest truth. 

Now, should all this be proven legitimate with actual evidence and not just he said she said garbage then I’ll stay on board. But this is the last straw for me. Either they show integrity or prove they have none and whether or not anyone supports them after this should hinge on that. 

1 hour ago, Taco said:

Because he’s gone and he’s known it since he hired Harsin. It’s not a surprise that he’s been interviewing for any P5 AD opening in the country. 

This is my OWN assessment; but Harsin was climbing a big hill too from the start in how he got brought in. But didn’t help himself, he just decided he wasn’t going to climb the hill, give a big middle finger to the hands that feed him, and fix our problem by trying to turn us into Boise. 

Saw all you want about his culture and stuff, but the saying in Kentucky I heard all the time is “mules work hard, you can’t win the Kentucky derby with mules.” 

Why would his job have been in jeopardy the moment he hired Harsin?

Edited by Auburn Tiger

37 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I highly doubt ADAG even makes it until the end of his contract (Jan 2023)

I’m betting AG is gone before the smoke of Harsin is actually done. I heard many were not on board with Harsin’s hire to begin with, But gave into AG’s push for Harsin. It might have been the worst decision AG made. 🤔 

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Why would his job be in jeopardy just for hiring Harsin?

Pretty sure that’s the big part of AGs job is hiring coaches . So if you flunk that job then you should expect to get canned. As I said I think Harsin was pushed by AG . I think  he was wrong.